Game 3 : LAK PLD SOB

6 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

The only thing that is going to cure attendance issues is winning.  True north needs to put a product on the ice that people want to watch.

And create a vibe where The Phone Booth is THE place to be.... As Wade did with IGF. 

22 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I keep going to the same boring game, over and over. Feels like other fans have just wisened up faster than I have...

Sure fans are entitled to where they want to spend their dollars. 

Like @Noellersaid, True North needs to create a vibe that the Jets are the place to be on game days.  I think they'll figure it out, they should have done this 5 years ago.

I choose to support both the Jets and the Bombers.  Not having an NHL team for 15 years, made me realize what we lost.  Regardless what you think of true north or the Jets, I always want to be in a city that has both the CFL and NHL.

1 hour ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Sure fans are entitled to where they want to spend their dollars. 

Like @Noellersaid, True North needs to create a vibe that the Jets are the place to be on game days.  I think they'll figure it out, they should have done this 5 years ago.

I choose to support both the Jets and the Bombers.  Not having an NHL team for 15 years, made me realize what we lost.  Regardless what you think of true north or the Jets, I always want to be in a city that has both the CFL and NHL.

100% this. Couldn't agree more. As soon as I get back home full time I'll definitely be spending money on going to Jets games. If I can get in on a group, I might even go in on some seasons....

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

100% this. Couldn't agree more. As soon as I get back home full time I'll definitely be spending money on going to Jets games. If I can get in on a group, I might even go in on some seasons....

We moved from a group to a mini pack last year (rest of the group didn't want to renew).  They are way more convenient.   Seems to me groups are dying out with demand not there and mini packs weren't originally available when they came back with demand being what it was.  

We took the weekend pack, which is more expensive games.  We are close to center ice, upper deck, and pay $1000 per seat (after tax) for 11 games .

I ain't spending 200$ for me and my kid on a school night. I'll gladly waste 1000$ a year on Jets tix for me and my kid but Not during the school week

Prices btw are the biggest problem 

Groceries rent gas Jets 

Which is more important 

Also west cost teams don't draw here. LA is boring team 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I ain't spending 200$ for me and my kid on a school night. I'll gladly waste 1000$ a year on Jets tix for me and my kid but Not during the school week

Prices btw are the biggest problem 

Groceries rent gas Jets 

Which is more important 

Also west cost teams don't draw here. LA is boring team 

I would have thought PLD night would be big. Now we got Cup champs and McJesus on Saturday...if Saturday not a sell out :o

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I can't say the vibe matters at all without the winning aspect.

it will for lots of people... if you make the arena a really great party, then lots of people will come who won't even care about the game. I'm sure of it. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it will for lots of people... if you make the arena a really great party, then lots of people will come who won't even care about the game. I'm sure of it. 

The first 3 years the Jets were back there was a palpable organic party vibe in the arena.  People were just happy to have the team back.  There were the random chants that would source up from the crowd, there was electricity in the air when you were there, it was a fun place to be even without the team winning.

That has slowly declined since then.  

The Jets now need to work to bring that back as it isn't just "happening" on its own anymore.

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

The first 3 years the Jets were back there was a palpable organic party vibe in the arena.  People were just happy to have the team back.  There were the random chants that would source up from the crowd, there was electricity in the air when you were there, it was a fun place to be even without the team winning.

That has slowly declined since then.  

The Jets now need to work to bring that back as it isn't just "happening" on its own anymore.

We could use those again

7 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I would have thought PLD night would be big. Now we got Cup champs and McJesus on Saturday...if Saturday not a sell out :o

The Leafs game and the Habs game are usually sellouts.  The problem is is that the stands are filled with the away team's fans. 

Edited by captaincanuck12