Nothing-at-stake Saturday: Birds v Antlers, Rouge et Noir vs Boats

johnzo

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

This year, the West is the weaker division. Montreal & Hamilton have more wins than Regina and Calgary. Ottawa & Edmonton have the same number of wins as each other. 

I'd like the CFL to go back to every team playing every other team twice with the 2 extra games played against your own division. 

I would say there is more parity. I certainly wouldn't say the West is weaker. Winnipeg and BC have the same amount of wins as Toronto and Montreal. While playing against each other more times than Toronto has had to face the two other "good" teams.

Sask has 6 wins, Hamilton has 8. Calgary has 5, Ottawa has 4. 

It seems more balanced than ever before. Though it's hard to say without a balanced schedule. 

19 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I would say there is more parity. I certainly wouldn't say the West is weaker. Winnipeg and BC have the same amount of wins as Toronto and Montreal. While playing against each other more times than Toronto has had to face the two other "good" teams.

Sask has 6 wins, Hamilton has 8. Calgary has 5, Ottawa has 4. 

It seems more balanced than ever before. Though it's hard to say without a balanced schedule. 

18 - 11

On 2023-10-14 at 9:15 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Crappy GM. Crappy Head Coach, Crappy team. Most players & caoches should be sent packing & find something they do well. 

I don't know anything about developing QBs, but I think that Crum has done better than expected for a QB3 starter on a terrible team.  Has he got a CFL future?  Would he be a good QB2 anywhere? 

Main knock that I see on him is the huge sack numbers .. how much of that is a leaky OL and how much is on Crum? 

1 hour ago, bluto said:

18 - 11

yup.  inter-divisional play is the only way to judge which division is better.

mysteriously, all the Redblacks' wins came at the expense of the west.  They were 0-9 in their own division but were .500 against the West.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I don't know anything about developing QBs, but I think that Crum has done better than expected for a QB3 starter on a terrible team.  Has he got a CFL future?  Would he be a good QB2 anywhere? 

Main knock that I see on him is the huge sack numbers .. how much of that is a leaky OL and how much is on Crum? 

yup.  inter-divisional play is the only way to judge which division is better.

mysteriously, all the Redblacks' wins came at the expense of the west.  They were 0-9 in their own division but were .500 against the West.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With the beating Crum has taken, I don't know how he's endured, he's supposed to be a smart guy but he needs to learn how to play smarter football.  He has enough potential, maybe elsewhere he would do better but under Khari I don't think he will progress much.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

With the beating Crum has taken, I don't know how he's endured, he's supposed to be a smart guy but he needs to learn how to play smarter football.  He has enough potential, maybe elsewhere he would do better but under Khari I don't think he will progress much.

Dude was getting fubar'd last week and I was sitting there hoping that his coach would get the damn hook out already. I'll say this about Crum, he's game alright. One of those sacks, he actually got hit about 4 times on the play before he finally went down.

Edited by bluto
there/their

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Dude was getting fubar'd last week and I was sitting there hoping that his coach would get the damn hook out already. I'll say this about Crum, he's game alright. One of those sacks, he actually got hit about 4 times on the play before he finally went down.

I know Bob Dyce is popular here because he coached junior football blah, blah, blah in Winnipeg.... Nice guy apparently but I don't care. This isn't the St. Vital Mustangs or Winnipeg Rifles. The guy is a horrible CFL Head Coach. His level of competency seems to be STC & that's where he should be & stay from here on in, Like Mark Killam in Calgary with the Stamps. Just works special teams & let someone else who knows what they're doing be a Head Coach. I see no difference in the incompetency between Craig Dickenson & Bob Dyce. Ywet Dickenson is villified here because he coaches the Riders. Dyce not so much & gets a pass. Ask any fan in Ottawa if they want Dyce back, You'll get your answer. NO!!