Game 65 vs Ottawa

iHeart

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Games like this will keep happening - as long as their star forwards are not willing to back check. 

It's not just back-checking by the forwards. Granted, that is an issue, but there are more than a few noticeable deficiencies in terms of how this team plays. Last night's final frame put that all on full display.

Whatever system's in place is not working, as we have seen what the talent on the roster can do - albeit very inconsistently. the only way to remedy that is by overhauling the entire coaching staff. This blind loyalty to inept coaches is not something for which TNSE should feel any pride at this point. It's hindering the team.

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The fans who put it all on the coaching have overestimated the true talent on this roster. We have maybe two full NHL lines at forward and no elite 1-2 defence. 

Does Minnesota? Or LA at the moment with Doughty hurt or Florida with Ekblad hurt? 

Coaching does play a role... but its not the coaches who refuse to play D most nights. 

Jets need a culture change tho. Lowry is running maurices systems, huddy and wade have been here since day 1 ish. Lowry? Prob a fine asst but the leaders don't seem to listen so they need to likely go also. Scheifele looks like he doesn't care, gradually since the loss to st Louis in the playoffs,  Wheeler tries but is older now and also likely rubs teammates the wrong way always blaming some youth in his press conferences 

Fix those 3 things plus move out Schmidt cuz 6 million reasons... and see what u get... picks nhl ready prospects etc and u build around the Dubois perfetti Connor ehlers forward group. Apples. Lowry. Svech (in the bottom 6) prob should have moved Stastny at the deadline 

54 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Does Minnesota? Or LA at the moment with Doughty hurt or Florida with Ekblad hurt? 

Coaching does play a role... but its not the coaches who refuse to play D most nights. 

Jets need a culture change tho. Lowry is running maurices systems, huddy and wade have been here since day 1 ish. Lowry? Prob a fine asst but the leaders don't seem to listen so they need to likely go also. Scheifele looks like he doesn't care, gradually since the loss to st Louis in the playoffs,  Wheeler tries but is older now and also likely rubs teammates the wrong way always blaming some youth in his press conferences 

Fix those 3 things plus move out Schmidt cuz 6 million reasons... and see what u get... picks nhl ready prospects etc and u build around the Dubois perfetti Connor ehlers forward group. Apples. Lowry. Svech (in the bottom 6) prob should have moved Stastny at the deadline 

I’ve heard the same shtick from you for forever now. It is laughable that you think dumping Maurice (and now Lowry), Scheifele and Wheeler and keeping everything else the same makes this team better, like they are the poison that is blocking the true path to the Stanley Cup. Heinola is not ready, Perfetti is not ready to be a first line NHLer, Samberg is not ready to be an elite #1 defence man. Why you think loading up on inexperience makes us a Stanley Cup contender instantly is baffling. Just because you don’t like Wheeler and Scheifele’s personalities doesn’t mean getting rid of them to satisfy your culture shift wet dream suddenly makes Heinola a Norris trophy winner. Scheifele is poor defensively based on the metrics used by the accountants writing for the Athletic, but he is paid to score first, and he has outperformed his contract every year here. I worry the suspension got in his head as it can with some players (the Todd Burtuzzi effect) so I am actually fine with trading him, but not just to be rid of him without fair value coming back. And Wheeler is going nowhere at 36 with an $8.5 million cap hit (which fortunately as still a point a game player he is still arguably earning and not a massive overpay). Like it, lump it, make your peace with it, because he is here until that contract expires. A buy out cripples this team for the next 3 seasons. And I could care less if he is snippy with the Jeff Hamilton’s of the media world who seem to have a pretty clear agenda to pick a fight with him at every turn and blame the leadership for a basic lack of equitable NHL talent in the bottom 6 and bottom 2-3 on defence. 
Honestly, none of this will change your mind, but it is getting exhausting hearing the same tired whine every game for the last 4 years now (and frankly before the 2017-18 year too. You’ve become the TBurg of the hockey forum, and when they win you clam up, waiting for the next loss so you can write the same 12 variations of “Wheeler is grumpy and needs to go, Scheifele is lazy and needs to go, Maurice is stupid and needs to go”. We all get your point by now, try some new material. 

12 hours ago, bb1 said:

Yup, huge mistake and time? Even if you did that in the first period its a risky play but late in the third 1-1?  Like i said you can't teach brains.....

Actually, you can teach ‘brains’… Kind of what teaching/coaching is all about.

Every player on this team has made mistakes… You can’t bench everyone for the rest of the year.  The Jets have issues well beyond the occasional player error.

2 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Actually, you can teach ‘brains’… Kind of what teaching/coaching is all about.

Every player on this team has made mistakes… You can’t bench everyone for the rest of the year.  The Jets have issues well beyond the occasional player error.

My point is yes you can and do make mistakes, but pinching when your tied late in third? If you have not learned not to do that by your what 5th year in the pro leagues...

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The fans who put it all on the coaching have overestimated the true talent on this roster. We have maybe two full NHL lines at forward and no elite 1-2 defence. 

It isn't all on the coaching staff. Roster changes have been made. And yet, this team continues to make the same mistakes consistently from the standpoint of being a complete 200 ft. team and playing better defensively.

A coaching change during a season rarely helps but considering the continuity outside of Maurice resigning, we see the same struggles with whatever system remains in place. Lowry as a placeholder doesn't seem to be working, so it seems like a fair and reasonable assertion that new blood on the bench is the next step in righting the ship.

24 minutes ago, bb1 said:

My point is yes you can and do make mistakes, but pinching when your tied late in third? If you have not learned not to do that by your what 5th year in the pro leagues...

He's also not a 5th year pro, BTW. Logan Stanley isn't even 24 years old and hasn't even played 100 NHL games yet. He's in his second season with the Jets, having spent two (2018-19, 2019-20) with the Moose.

I understand it's frustrating as hell watching this team struggle and perform poorly against seemingly inferior opponents. Attacking one player for "not having brains" based on a single mistake in which the Jets made several last night, and then making **** up to somehow justify your ridiculous opinion isn't objective or rational, though.

Dubois, lowery, ehlers, connor wheeler, . maybe some others... play hard... but some of the others.... no, some plays, actuallynjust standing there watching an opponent with the puck. 

some of them seem to just fall over when theres a bit of contact.  And nobody seems to be able to clear the net for the goalie. Big, small, medium, they just cant do it.

also, getting the puck out of their own end is a real crqpshoot.  A bit too exciting.

when the jets were at their best a few years ago, they were almost always first to a loose puck.

these guys.... not really.

yeah tanev is missed.

Beats me.

Edited by Mark F

8 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's not just back-checking by the forwards. Granted, that is an issue, but there are more than a few noticeable deficiencies in terms of how this team plays. Last night's final frame put that all on full display.

Of course.  But the D-Men will not play a physical or aggressive game - when it's obvious that certain forwards are not being held accountable for their lacklustre defensive play. 

On 2022-03-25 at 11:40 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

It isn't all on the coaching staff. Roster changes have been made. And yet, this team continues to make the same mistakes consistently from the standpoint of being a complete 200 ft. team and playing better defensively.

A coaching change during a season rarely helps but considering the continuity outside of Maurice resigning, we see the same struggles with whatever system remains in place. Lowry as a placeholder doesn't seem to be working, so it seems like a fair and reasonable assertion that new blood on the bench is the next step in righting the ship.

He's also not a 5th year pro, BTW. Logan Stanley isn't even 24 years old and hasn't even played 100 NHL games yet. He's in his second season with the Jets, having spent two (2018-19, 2019-20) with the Moose.

I understand it's frustrating as hell watching this team struggle and perform poorly against seemingly inferior opponents. Attacking one player for "not having brains" based on a single mistake in which the Jets made several last night, and then making **** up to somehow justify your ridiculous opinion isn't objective or rational, though.

Including the minors bro...

4 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Including the minors bro...

And i call it like i see it..if you can't figure out time and place in the game as a defenseman with 5 pro years including the minors well you are lacking hockey instincts or like i said some brain matter...

Edited by bb1