2022 Beijing Winter Olympics

Rich

• 1 month later...

Figure skating team medal ceremony postponed. May be a doping infraction by the Russians. The Canadian team finished 4th so they could slide up to the bronze. Not sure what the team disqualification would do to each individual performer in their individual events coming up. 

Just a reminder that Russia is already “banned” due to a massive statewide doping scandal from Sochi. No dignitaries, no standing under he national flag, no anthem, and yet all the athletes still get to compete. And now they may have cheated again. Just another example of what a joke the IOC is. Kick them all out for another 10 years. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Figure skating team medal ceremony postponed. May be a coping infraction by the Russians. The Canadian team finished 4th so they could slide up to the bronze. Not sure what the team disqualification would do to each individual performer in their individual events coming up. 

Just a reminder that Russia is already “banned” due to a massive statewide doping scandal from Sochi. No dignitaries, no standing under he national flag, no anthem, and yet all the athletes still get to compete. And now they may have cheated again. Just another example of what a joke the IOC is. Kick them all out for another 10 years. 

Coping?

I'd rather they not compete until Putin is out

We probably won't hear anything until sometime tonight everyone in China is sleeping right now

Edited by iHeart

Teen Skating Sensation Named at Center of Russian Doping Fight at Beijing Olympics.  The entire figure skating team could be stripped of Olympic gold because Russia’s brightest young star, 15-year-old Kamila Valieva, reportedly failed a drug test before the Games./

-Reuters

The 15-year-old figure-skating sensation whose unprecedented quad jumps powered Russia to the team figure skating gold at the Beijing Winter Olympics was reported today to have failed a drug test before competition.

The report from the Inside the Games news website naming Kamila Valieva as the athlete at the center of the latest Russian doping scandal came after the International Olympic Committee twice delayed the formal medal ceremony at which she and her five Russian teammates were to be presented with their gold medals.

There was no official confirmation of the failed test, nor details on what substance was involved, but Russian media said it was not performance-enhancing but “used to treat a cardiological problem.” RBC News named it as trimetazidine, which is used to prevent angina attacks but is considered a stimulant by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

The failed drug test makes it all but certain that the Russians will be stripped of their gold medal, which would go instead to their American rivals.

hmmm turns out she tested  positive for a banned heart medication

Russian figure skater Kamila Valieva tests positive for banned heart medication: reports

Canada could be in line to win bronze if ROC is disqualified

Olympic favourite Kamila Valieva tested positive for a banned heart medication before her arrival at the Beijing Olympics, the Russian newspaper RBC reported, putting in jeopardy the team gold medal that she helped win earlier this week.

USA Today also reported that a Russian athlete who is a minor has tested positive for a banned substance. At age 15, Valieva is the only member of the Russian Olympic Committee 9ROC) -skating team who is under 16.

Canada placed fourth and could be in line to win a bronze medal if ROC is disqualified.

The sample was reportedly obtained in December, when Valieva was still in Russia but did not come to light until after she had helped her team win the gold medal with dynamic performances in her short program and free skate.

The drug, Trimetazidine, is used to to treat angina — a type of chest pain marked by reduced blood flow to the heart — and is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency as a stimulant. It is the same drug that was involved in a Russian bobsled case at the 2018 Olympics that ended in a settlement and the athletes accepting an eight-month ban.

It is unclear whether Valieva has any heart problems.

The PEDs thing in the Olympics is way deeper and wider than is acknlwledged. The Eastern Bloc nations found out some time ago that if a female is impregnated, she becomes flooded with hormones that give her enhanced strength and stamina, So teenage female competitors, some as young as 15,  would be impregnated about 3 months before a critical competition and then undergo an abortion a few days before. And that is only one of the manipulations, 

40 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The PEDs thing in the Olympics is way deeper and wider than is acknlwledged. The Eastern Bloc nations found out some time ago that if a female is impregnated, she becomes flooded with hormones that give her enhanced strength and stamina, So teenage female competitors, some as young as 15,  would be impregnated about 3 months before a critical competition and then undergo an abortion a few days before. And that is only one of the manipulations, 

Uhhh... source on this? I tried to look it up myself and found this from the (respectable) Guardian(It's time for the pregnant Olympics | Sport | The Guardian):

In 1988, the First Permanent World Conference on Anti-Doping in Sport included 'abortion doping' on its agenda and Alexandre de Merode, chairman of the medical commission of the International Olympic Committee until his death in 2002, claimed that he knew of a Swiss doctor who was carrying out the procedures. In fact, there is no real evidence that this has ever been done.

And then this story from the sketchy pro-life group LifeSite (their most popular article right now is about how prayers are being sent to truckers to avoid 'The Great Reset'): OLYMPIC ATHLETES GETTING PREGNANT AND ABORTING TO BOOST PERFORMANCE - LifeSite (lifesitenews.com)

Not saying this isn't true, but I could totally see something like this as pro-life manufactured propaganda.

14 hours ago, WildPath said:

Uhhh... source on this? I tried to look it up myself and found this from the (respectable) Guardian(It's time for the pregnant Olympics | Sport | The Guardian😞

In 1988, the First Permanent World Conference on Anti-Doping in Sport included 'abortion doping' on its agenda and Alexandre de Merode, chairman of the medical commission of the International Olympic Committee until his death in 2002, claimed that he knew of a Swiss doctor who was carrying out the procedures. In fact, there is no real evidence that this has ever been done.

And then this story from the sketchy pro-life group LifeSite (their most popular article right now is about how prayers are being sent to truckers to avoid 'The Great Reset'): OLYMPIC ATHLETES GETTING PREGNANT AND ABORTING TO BOOST PERFORMANCE - LifeSite (lifesitenews.com)

Not saying this isn't true, but I could totally see something like this as pro-life manufactured propaganda.

The first reports about countries like Russia, Romania and East Germany go back to the mid-70's before a lot of this stuff was archived on the Net.  To be clear, the impregnation and abortion stuff was not voluntary on the part of the athletes, but apparently mandated by their coaches.

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

What a joke of a reason. Russian athletes should not even be competing given the massive state sanctioned doping that has been proven again and again with their program. Now another one, and the IOC turns a blind eye because she is o ly 15 and because it took a while to get the test results out due to pandemic testing. 

I'm really struggling to care about these Olympics. Same for the past summer Olympics. I haven't watched a single event, other than just in passing. I used to be a huge Olympic fan but that seems to be completely gone. 

Anyone else going through this? I think it's partly due to it being in China.