Braley to sell both teams in 3 years

Jpan85

Don't care. I don't buy the "Braley Saved The League!!11!!1" stuff...never have, never will. Hate that he owns 2 teams and ran the entire league from the BOG Pres chair as his own personal plaything. 

I won't go so far as to say "Good riddance to bad rubbish..." but I'm not sorry that he's leaving...

Well he has poured a ton of dough into TO. But he has also reaped the benefits of hosting a number if Grey Cups, including 2014 I believe. My fear is those idiots at MLSE buy the Argos with the notion of leveraging that into an NFL franchise down the road. Perhaps a pipe dream but still not good for our league.

I wonder, with the new TV deal, if Toronto doesn't become a more viable franchise.   The league as a whole has never been healtier.  You hope it can attract some quality owners.

The problem with Toronto is venue.  It's a losing proposition playing in that cavern.  They get themselves into a facility more suited to the CFL .. the organization becomes a lot more palatable.

Braley bailed out Hamilton, BC & then Toronto. There may not have been a CFL if not for him. You can trash the man all you like but where are the owners with money??? Nowhere. Just like out in Atlantic Canada. Nowhere to be found out there, either.

Braleys money was good for the CFL, Braley is so self serving though. 

I wonder, with the new TV deal, if Toronto doesn't become a more viable franchise.   The league as a whole has never been healtier.  You hope it can attract some quality owners.

The problem with Toronto is venue.  It's a losing proposition playing in that cavern.  They get themselves into a facility more suited to the CFL .. the organization becomes a lot more palatable.

The bigger problem is that there is no venue as of the end of the 2017 season, notwithstanding any behind the scenes wheel spinning.  Also that the franchise has a 2 decade record of financial futility.

The new TV deal will make ownership look better. But ultimately you need an owner who loves the game because no one is getting rich off it.

That's why in not as down on Asper as others. He's a guy with a lot of money who was willing to spend it on the cfl.

And like has already been said, big issue for some of these teams is venue. You can justify spending money in NHL markets but building stadiums for the cfl just doesn't equate to a return. You really do need government contribution.