Random Hockey News - non NHL/AHL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In a stunning turn of events, the Brandon Wheat Kings' highly anticipated 5th overall pick, the hometown hero Jaxon Jacobson, is set to make his debut against the Moose Jaw Warriors on Friday night.

At the tender age of 14, Jaxon is poised to etch his name in the record books as the youngest player ever to don the Black and Gold jersey in a Wheat Kings debut.

Would you like to know more?

On 2023-12-08 at 11:44 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

In a stunning turn of events, the Brandon Wheat Kings' highly anticipated 5th overall pick, the hometown hero Jaxon Jacobson, is set to make his debut against the Moose Jaw Warriors on Friday night.

At the tender age of 14, Jaxon is poised to etch his name in the record books as the youngest player ever to don the Black and Gold jersey in a Wheat Kings debut.

Yet another guy whose parents were Sons of Anarchy fans...

On 2023-12-08 at 1:44 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Starship Troopers anyone? 😄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

wish I had a time machine to go back in time and buy up 10 boxes of cards....though an investment in NVIDIA would probably have been even more lucrative...who knows...

Hey KBF, I used to buy comics as a kid from about age 7 to 14. I'd buy one or two comics a week, every week. I had hundreds of DC & Marvel Comics. Some Gold Key (Space Family Robinson)  & others. But it was DC Comics, Superman, Batman, Hawkman, Superboy, Action Comics, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Or Marvel's Captain America, Spiderman, X Men, Thor, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer. All the way back to 1964 & I kept them in pristine shape as well. Except.... only one problem. On these pristine comics, I drew moustaches, beards & long hair on all the characters in every comic book that I had. How much would comics from 1964-71 have fetched me today if they hadn't been ruined by my artistic flair? WHO KNEW?? Lol. Actually, waaaaahh!!

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hey KBF, I used to buy comics as a kid from about age 7 to 14. I'd buy one or two comics a week, every week. I had hundreds of DC & Marvel Comics. Some Gold Key (Space Family Robinson)  & others. But it was DC Comics, Superman, Batman, Hawkman, Superboy, Action Comics, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Or Marvel's Captain America, Spiderman, X Men, Thor, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer. All the way back to 1964 & I kept them in pristine shape as well. Except.... only one problem. On these pristine comics, I drew moustaches, beards & long hair on all the characters in every comic book that I had. How much would comics from 1964-71 have fetched me today if they hadn't been ruined by my artistic flair? WHO KNEW?? Lol. Actually, waaaaahh!!

I have vivid memories of throwing darts at Gretzky rookie cards.  All of the Oilers.  We hated them so much...

43 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I have vivid memories of throwing darts at Gretzky rookie cards.  All of the Oilers.  We hated them so much...

How Gretzky could stand with the puck behind the goal watching the play, plotting his next move & no one came in to challenge him was mind boggling. 

My dad's first collection was the 79-80 OPC set. At the time he didn't know better, and each one is secured to the plastic sheet with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. Ugh.