Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Logan007

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread

Recommended Posts

Just going to leave this here.

For those who haven't seen the movie and which to be surprised, please don't read anything in this thread as it will contain spoilers.

 

I'm out of here until I watch it on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I won’t discuss specific spoilers yet, will say I had predicted the opening scenes spoiler a while ago, but was genuinely surprised by most of the other plot points and things one would spoil. 

Having heard reviews, many had talked about the dense back story to get the plot out. It did not seem that convoluted to me, but it did take a while to get going. It really is a 3 act story with set up, execution of the set up, then final act payoff. Not as tense as Infinity War was throughout, but the last hour payoff is brilliant. So unlike Infinty, which I thought was strong throughout with a big gut punch at the end, this one is more slow build to a long climatic event, but that event elevates the movie massively. Cheering and clapping in the movie at points from the audience, and a real emotional movie. So if you are not overly let down by the start, the payoff is totally worth it. 

And no post-credit scene, but there is “something” at the end of the credits. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was your average Marvel movie: pretty entertaining but it didn't blow my mind.  Civil War and Into the Spider-Verse are still my favorite Marvel movies.

My favorite bits in Endgame were the second-act heist scenes, especially the Cap stuff in the elevator and the Cap-vs-Cap bit, those were great.  Banner coming up meh when he was trying to hulk out was a great moment too.

I thought the big battle at the end was a little busy and not as great as the Civil War fight scene at the airport, which for me is like the gold standard of superhero battles, with everyone given a chance to showcase their own unique kind of awesome.

Edited by johnzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were so many storylines to wrap up and I thought they did a good job of it. Where Infinity War encompassed all the MCU, this was a core Avengers movie, or that's the way it felt. 

I feel satisfied. Thor was the best, always is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tacklewasher said:

Was surprised how little Captain Marvel was used. She was in so many trailers and then gone most of the film. I thought they would do more with her and Thor.

I was told you had to see her film before endgame which I didn’t and I don’t know what I might have missed.  

I think the directors side lined certain powerful characters because they weren’t sure how to tell an emotional story with them. So Marvel isn’t there. Hulk is bannerHulk. Thor is fat and drunk. 

It didn’t bother me. But it was obvious after the fact.  

Although you have to give the Russo’s a lot of credit for managing such a large cast and big story. 

I was impressed with so many stars doing cameos. 

I was fine with Thor as he was because the actor is really funny.  But I’d have preferred less Hulk and more Banner.  But these are just opinions not criticisms. 

Didn’t like Falcon as new Cap. Makes no sense. Can he even throw that shield?   

Keeping the five year jump seems a bit tough.  Like we’re to believe everyone involved in Spider-Man were dusted so came back five years younger?   Might have been better to come back at the moment of the original dusting. 

I liked the romp through past events. And while the idea was convoluted they managed to sort of explain it in a quick and easy way “so back to the future was bullshit?”   Perfect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was told you had to see her film before endgame which I didn’t and I don’t know what I might have missed.  

I think the directors side lined certain powerful characters because they weren’t sure how to tell an emotional story with them. So Marvel isn’t there. Hulk is bannerHulk. Thor is fat and drunk. 

It didn’t bother me. But it was obvious after the fact.  

Although you have to give the Russo’s a lot of credit for managing such a large cast and big story. 

I was impressed with so many stars doing cameos. 

I was fine with Thor as he was because the actor is really funny.  But I’d have preferred less Hulk and more Banner.  But these are just opinions not criticisms. 

Didn’t like Falcon as new Cap. Makes no sense. Can he even throw that shield?   

Keeping the five year jump seems a bit tough.  Like we’re to believe everyone involved in Spider-Man were dusted so came back five years younger?   Might have been better to come back at the moment of the original dusting. 

I liked the romp through past events. And while the idea was convoluted they managed to sort of explain it in a quick and easy way “so back to the future was bullshit?”   Perfect 

They missed an opportunity for a great inside joke when Ant Man appears and explains that the 5 years was only 5 hours for him. I was waiting for someone to say “I was wondering about that. You don’t look like you’ve aged a bit, like D-I-c-k Clark, or that actor from “Friends” who married Phoebe”. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was told you had to see her film before endgame which I didn’t and I don’t know what I might have missed.  

I think the directors side lined certain powerful characters because they weren’t sure how to tell an emotional story with them. So Marvel isn’t there. Hulk is bannerHulk. Thor is fat and drunk. 

It didn’t bother me. But it was obvious after the fact.  

Although you have to give the Russo’s a lot of credit for managing such a large cast and big story. 

I was impressed with so many stars doing cameos. 

I was fine with Thor as he was because the actor is really funny.  But I’d have preferred less Hulk and more Banner.  But these are just opinions not criticisms. 

Didn’t like Falcon as new Cap. Makes no sense. Can he even throw that shield?   

Keeping the five year jump seems a bit tough.  Like we’re to believe everyone involved in Spider-Man were dusted so came back five years younger?   Might have been better to come back at the moment of the original dusting. 

I liked the romp through past events. And while the idea was convoluted they managed to sort of explain it in a quick and easy way “so back to the future was bullshit?”   Perfect 

I heard the same, watched captain marvel last week and also feel the same way.

They always seem to do that, especially with hindsight. Shield didn't step in and save tony stark when he was kidnapped, captain marvel never stepped in, etc. They seem to send just enough firepower for each event.

 

I loved how many people reprised old roles, and how great it all played out. Not easy to do without making it feel forced. 

Don't like Falcon as Cap in the comics or MCU. He just doesn't have the toolset to be that leader of heroes. 

They couldn't do that because of starks daughter and similar issues. This part doesn't bother me. Though fast forwarding peter parker in age would be nice. 

Yeah, they did the time travel great. It bugged me a bit that they didn't just go back to get more Pym particles, and they didn't close the time travel door at all. Also, why they never use the infinity stones against the bad guys. Like cmon. (I really want to see hulk with the power gem.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to see Coulson return and was sad when he didn't. Shocked that Fury was basically not even in the movie (nor Maria Hill). Also not stoked about FalconCap. Shoulda been Bucky... That's the only one that makes sense. 

That said, one thing I've been begging for was SHIELD in the 70s and we got a little taste of that which was awesome. 

Overall I really enjoyed it. I need to watch it a second time to decompress it all. So much happened, it's almost hard to process it all in real time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t mind them doing the story of a government controlled Cap. 

One thought about them not keeping the five year jump would be the further sacrifice of Tony not having the family but then end it with Pepper revealing she’s pregnant so it was all going to come to pass anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was good.  Overall I enjoyed Inifinity War more, but I did enjoy how they really delved into what was going on.

 

  • Lots of little "plotholes" like, why couldn't Stormbreaker just blow through Thanos like it did in Infinity War when he was blasting the whole power of the Infinity Gauntlet at it (could probably explain that away by him being out of shape). 
  • Why can Captain Marvel wipe out his ship, and at one point pretty much handle him without issues but at another point Thanos easily defends himself against her power. 
  • Why does Rocket's head look bigger then Thor's when he's talking to him on Asgard lol.  It's like Rocket grew a bit or something then shrank back down (this one is more of a joke).
  • The one thing that really bugged me was Steve staying in the past.  They said at the beginning that they can't really change the past.  Yet he stayed there and married Peggy.  So he basically made it that she never married that other guy and never had the other kids that she had with that guy.  So they did change the future.  Time travel...bleh.  Never really a fan of it because something always never makes sense.
  • And yes, the whole thing with Peter and his buddies with it being 5 years later.  I mean, yeah, half the population of the earth disappeared, so I guess it's possible.  I mean there's really only like, 5 of them.  Liz, MJ, Ned, Flash and Peter.  So it's believable.

But overall it was really good.  Loved all the jokey moments that you guys pointed out.  The whole "who's leader" at the end had me rolling.  So I guess Thor will be in the next Guardians movie.

I know what you all mean about Falcon being Cap.  Not sure how they'll handle that, unless they Super Soldier him up.  Not sure that would work in the story line though.

So much to process.

Edited by Logan007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

So I guess Thor will be in the next Guardians movie.

This could be the best news coming out of the whole thing. 

Re-integrating Gamora in the GOTG will be great too. 

----

So, Spiderman's European Vacation takes place right after Infinity War. PP is just back after five years of being away, the whole world is adjusting to the new-new reality, and off the school goes on a trip to Europe? Hmmm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JCon said:

This could be the best news coming out of the whole thing. 

Re-integrating Gamora in the GOTG will be great too. 

----

So, Spiderman's European Vacation takes place right after Infinity War. PP is just back after five years of being away, the whole world is adjusting to the new-new reality, and off the school goes on a trip to Europe? Hmmm. 

Peter was doing a search for Gamora at the end of the movie.  So it looks like she took off.  So this iteration of Gamora isn't part of the group, so it looks like they'll be tracking her down in the next movie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish they showed more of the Banner/Hulk storyline. We went from Hulk not wanting to play to Professor Hulk without getting to see any of it. I know it would have added to the length of the movie, but it was a storyline I was looking forward to seeing.

 

Was Gamora missing from the funeral scene? I kinda looked at who was there and I don't think she was. I guess she didn't know Stark, so it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Peter was doing a search for Gamora at the end of the movie.  So it looks like she took off.  So this iteration of Gamora isn't part of the group, so it looks like they'll be tracking her down in the next movie?

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock  GOTG III: The Search for Gamora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

It was good.  Overall I enjoyed Inifinity War more, but I did enjoy how they really delved into what was going on.

 

  • Lots of little "plotholes" like, why couldn't Stormbreaker just blow through Thanos like it did in Infinity War when he was blasting the whole power of the Infinity Gauntlet at it (could probably explain that away by him being out of shape). 
  • Why can Captain Marvel wipe out his ship, and at one point pretty much handle him without issues but at another point Thanos easily defends himself against her power. 
  • Why does Rocket's head look bigger then Thor's when he's talking to him on Asgard lol.  It's like Rocket grew a bit or something then shrank back down (this one is more of a joke).
  • The one thing that really bugged me was Steve staying in the past.  They said at the beginning that they can't really change the past.  Yet he stayed there and married Peggy.  So he basically made it that she never married that other guy and never had the other kids that she had with that guy.  So they did change the future.  Time travel...bleh.  Never really a fan of it because something always never makes sense.
  • And yes, the whole thing with Peter and his buddies with it being 5 years later.  I mean, yeah, half the population of the earth disappeared, so I guess it's possible.  I mean there's really only like, 5 of them.  Liz, MJ, Ned, Flash and Peter.  So it's believable.

But overall it was really good.  Loved all the jokey moments that you guys pointed out.  The whole "who's leader" at the end had me rolling.  So I guess Thor will be in the next Guardians movie.

I know what you all mean about Falcon being Cap.  Not sure how they'll handle that, unless they Super Soldier him up.  Not sure that would work in the story line though.

So much to process.

Read an article this morning about Cap going back for Peggy. It was an interesting idea that Cap is her husband all along and they have kids together but, after the time travel, he's just an ordinary guy who ages, albeit a little slower because of the serum. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-endgame-captain-america-ending-isnt-what-it-seems-1205370

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...