Sask-Toronto Game

Floyd

Riders have been exposed as over rated for weeks now - difference is now its translating to losses. Rider fans have been jerking off all year over how good coaching is  - lets see if they can , uh, keep it up becaus now is the time you find out what you really have.

Collaros looked good despite some brain farts...

I actually thought he looked mediocre up to the forth quarter. He was getting pressured, he receivers weren't getting much separation from defenders, and the running game was not working well. He had 59 yards passing at the half, and I thing about 110 after the third quarter. I think if you watch the first three quarters you get a sense of what he would look like with our current team. Not saying he's not an improvement over what we have, but you need time to throw and receivers that get open, or you can look very ordinary.

I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Collaros and his ability to win games as our starting Quarterback...

he's a free agent who it's likely we won't (for many reasons unrelated to his play and potential) be able to retain...

it is likely that Winnipeg, Ottawa and Montreal as well as possibly Hamilton will be signing or trading for QBs...

whoever is at the switch for the Bombers (be it Walters or whomever) needs to start laying the ground work for the biggest decision confronting the team... (not to mention getting an honest to goodness blue chip coach lined up).

exciting times coming.

I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Collaros and his ability to win games as our starting Quarterback...

Is Collaros really showing THAT much as a passer though? We've seen how teams can take away a guy who is a runner first and foremost with the other issues on the Bombers offense right now. The Argos are not nearly as good a team with Collaros in there for Ray regardless of whether or not the guy has picked up a few wins. (Goltz beat the riders as well FWIW)

Is Collaros really showing THAT much as a passer though? We've seen how teams can take away a guy who is a runner first and foremost with the other issues on the Bombers offense right now. The Argos are not nearly as good a team with Collaros in there for Ray regardless of whether or not the guy has picked up a few wins. (Goltz beat the riders as well FWIW)

His best game was certainly his debut, but let's put this into perspective.

+60% passing completion rate in every game

no more than 1 interception in every game

+200 yards passing in every game (+250 in 3 of them)

Stats aside, he may have a wonky throwing motion but he's got good pocket awareness, he's got a strong arm and he's mobile. Seems accurate with his touch on the deep ball and with his intermediate game.

I'm saying this with the built in understanding that ANY quarterback we bring in is going to need an offensive line to work with, but I think right now Collaros is my pick for next year.

I'm not saying he's good or bad, I'm just saying comparing stats in Toronto and Winnipeg are not an ideal way to go about things. Lot of other issues at work in Winnipeg that don't help any qb. The fact that Marcel Bellefeuille is seen as the guy to fix the offense should be red flag #1. 

His best game was certainly his debut, but let's put this into perspective.

+60% passing completion rate in every game

no more than 1 interception in every game

+200 yards passing in every game (+250 in 3 of them)

Stats aside, he may have a wonky throwing motion but he's got good pocket awareness, he's got a strong arm and he's mobile. Seems accurate with his touch on the deep ball and with his intermediate game.

I'm saying this with the built in understanding that ANY quarterback we bring in is going to need an offensive line to work with, but I think right now Collaros is my pick for next year.

My issue with Collaros is that he seems to get happy feet under pressure, and as a result it hampers his throws in such situations. Personally, I'm hoping we swing something for Willy in Saskatchewan.