• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Goalie

Canadian Premier League

48 minutes ago, iHeart said:

oh Canada is getting it's own LEAGUE 

I guess the Bombers will have to share IGF, why because they can't get a stadium built in Tuxedo in time

Why wouldn’t they play in IGF when the Bombers will own the team. 

For whatever reason I'm following CPL news waaaaay more than I thought I would....

- 2 weeks ago @stevensandor on twitter penned an article saying CPL required stadiums in which the CPL was the primary tenant.  Since I've heard nothing to confirm, and neither he nor Freep people answer tweets, I have to think this was either a mistake OR more likely because of the shared ownership and/or CPL # of games in a season the soccer team would be IGF's "primary tenant".

- the name?!  Cavalry FC is a rumored potential WPG name.  It'll be someone's name, as the trademark is done.   CPL Trademarks

On 2018-05-14 at 5:40 PM, iHeart said:

a sports team owning a sports team? now I've heard everything

FC Barcelona isn't just one of the world's most successful footy teams; they have basketball, roller hockey, ice hockey!, volleyball and beach soccer teams under the same ownership.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎17 at 3:37 PM, Jimmy Pop said:

For whatever reason I'm following CPL news waaaaay more than I thought I would....

- 2 weeks ago @stevensandor on twitter penned an article saying CPL required stadiums in which the CPL was the primary tenant.  Since I've heard nothing to confirm, and neither he nor Freep people answer tweets, I have to think this was either a mistake OR more likely because of the shared ownership and/or CPL # of games in a season the soccer team would be IGF's "primary tenant".

- the name?!  Cavalry FC is a rumored potential WPG name.  It'll be someone's name, as the trademark is done.   CPL Trademarks

FC Barcelona isn't just one of the world's most successful footy teams; they have basketball, roller hockey, ice hockey!, volleyball and beach soccer teams under the same ownership.

Flames own the Calgary Roughnecks (NALL), the Hitmen & the Stampeders.

35 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Football Club 

I know that,  but why do they need to add the FC?   In Hockey they don't have HC ,  Baseball doesn't have BC and Football doesn't have FC....  I just understand why they add it at all?   

37 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I know that,  but why do they need to add the FC?   In Hockey they don't have HC ,  Baseball doesn't have BC and Football doesn't have FC....  I just understand why they add it at all?   

Oh no?

The Blue Bombers were founded in 1930 as the Winnipeg Football Club, which remains the organization's legal name today.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers