Game 54 : Coyote Ugly @ Coyote's Nite Club

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Wheeler is 15th in the league among forwards for toi. Why have we decided he's too delicate to handle the workload Maurice is giving him?

I don't think that's the only metric to go by.  Wheeler isn't used to playing center.  He's been killing himself out there playing that position.  Time to get him back on the wing where he doesn't have to cover so much ice.  Let Scheif take that back over so that Wheeler has some gas in the tank for the playoffs.  Right now he just looks dead at the end of every game.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't think that's the only metric to go by.  Wheeler isn't used to playing center.  He's been killing himself out there playing that position.  Time to get him back on the wing where he doesn't have to cover so much ice.  Let Scheif take that back over so that Wheeler has some gas in the tank for the playoffs.  Right now he just looks dead at the end of every game.

Meh. Wheeler just tries hard most games like most NHL players... Every player looks dead after a game. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Meh. Wheeler just tries hard most games like most NHL players... Every player looks dead after a game. 

sorry - should have said "during" too.  I disagree, Wheeler has definitely looked more beat since he took over center.  Which is why I'm glad Schief is back!