Top 10 Defensive Plays

Fred C Dobbs

gotta admit, this doesn't bold well for Richie.   I know some people think the players on our defense ain't up to snuff but this contradicts that theory a tad.  I don't think its ever really been a personnel situation.   its frustrating though because I know Richie Hall isn't a scrub DC.

13 minutes ago, Atomic said:

What stat determines the outcome of games more than any other.... turnovers.... what does Hall's defence do (not just here but everywhere he's been)..... generate turnovers.... hmm.... curious....

exactly. this is what drives me so mental.  I like the defenses Richie runs but can't figure out why they can't stop the big plays from happening.

44 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

exactly. this is what drives me so mental.  I like the defenses Richie runs but can't figure out why they can't stop the big plays from happening.

This is strictly based on my own observations, but to me it looks like the soft zone he runs gives the players more space and time to read and react to potential turnover situations.  However, on the flip side, I also gives offensive players more room to maneuver when they have the ball, and to get open. 

Bottom line is the guys on D have the go ahead to try and turn the ball over and we got some ball hawks on this team. 

But you know what really stood out to me on a bunch of those big returns? 22 Walker was always down there blocking for guys. He had some rookies oopsies, but I really like that kid. Lotta hustle and lotta skill. 

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But you know what really stood out to me on a bunch of those big returns? 22 Walker was always down there blocking for guys. He had some rookies oopsies, but I really like that kid. Lotta hustle and lotta skill. 

Agreed!  And he was only 21 this season... one of the youngest players in the entire league.

14 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Agreed!  And he was only 21 this season... one of the youngest players in the entire league.

I definitely like what this guy brings to the table.. glad they kept him in there to grow a bit.   Hopefully he keeps learning and improving.

18 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think he has great physical attributes, he just has to catch up on the mental side and not get caught completely out of position.

I think that's in in a nutshell.  He needs to work on his reaction... and not even so much reaction but proactive positioning of himself and not falling for fakes.  He seemed like a bright kid so I do expect him to get over it..  don't overthink it.. just let it become natural.

6 hours ago, SPuDS said:

I think that's in in a nutshell.  He needs to work on his reaction... and not even so much reaction but proactive positioning of himself and not falling for fakes.  He seemed like a bright kid so I do expect him to get over it..  don't overthink it.. just let it become natural.

He wouldn't agree to play au naturel.  Danger of frostbite in low-lying areas come October.