Game 28 : Motor Coach Industries @ General Motors

22 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Blaming Hellebuyck for this shitty effort from the rest of the team tonight...?

Related image

Yeah. 16 to 3 SOG after 1. Constant giveaways. Garbage D play.. Forwards no show but lets blame the goalie. Man its like people thought we werent gonna lose again. Parity in the NHL is real... On any given night any team cant beat any team... Especially if one doesnt show up like the Jets didnt tonight. Oh well.. On to Florida

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

Well we're top three in the league... so I'd say that is the difference - this team regularly disappears for a period or two

dont think you can say "regularly" anymore seeing as we are a top 3 team in the league.  I'd say it has happened when we have been flat for a period or two but regularly is a pretty heavy embellishment for this season..

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

dont think you can say "regularly" anymore seeing as we are a top 3 team in the league.  I'd say it has happened when we have been flat for a period or two but regularly is a pretty heavy embellishment for this season..

You could be right...  but I still see this team disappear - the difference now is that Helle bails them out until their confidence returns

Very few games I've seen where there's 60 minutes of effort - but that's the case with a lot of teams too

16 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Blaming Hellebuyck for this shitty effort from the rest of the team tonight...?

Related image

Except no one blamed Helle...  he just didn't carry the entire load himself and just looked tired by the end of that game

Starting your backup against one of the worst teams in the league is a fairly acceptable strategy

29 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You could be right...  but I still see this team disappear - the difference now is that Helle bails them out until their confidence returns

Very few games I've seen where there's 60 minutes of effort - but that's the case with a lot of teams too

oh no doubt, they have taken periods (and it seems like games at times) off for sure.. but the rebound seems to be much quicker and less likely to fizzle out then in the other seasons..

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Except no one blamed Helle...  he just didn't carry the entire load himself and just looked tired by the end of that game

Starting your backup against one of the worst teams in the league is a fairly acceptable strategy

Of course he looked tired. He worked his tail off for most of the game, particularly in the opening period. The team looked lazy, careless, and mostly terrible for the first 20 minutes.

And no, that isn't an acceptable strategy. You put your best players on the ice, regardless of the opponent.

33 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Of course he looked tired. He worked his tail off for most of the game, particularly in the opening period. The team looked lazy, careless, and mostly terrible for the first 20 minutes.

And no, that isn't an acceptable strategy. You put your best players on the ice, regardless of the opponent.

What league do you watch?  Every team plays its backup against weak teams... you don't run your best goalie ragged

38 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

oh no doubt, they have taken periods (and it seems like games at times) off for sure.. but the rebound seems to be much quicker and less likely to fizzle out then in the other seasons..

Maybe we're arguing the same thing - I think their bounce back is due to helle's performance

last year jets didn't have confidence in their goalies and the effects were very noticeable 

Just now, Floyd said:

So when do you suggest playing your backup goalie?  Against the best teams?

Image result for eye roll gif

Obtuse is a bad look. The workload is what determines the goalie who starts: back-to-back games or heavier weeks, for example.

Anyway, the goaltending was the least of the Jets' issues last night. That was my point.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Image result for eye roll gif

Obtuse is a bad look. The workload is what determines the goalie who starts: back-to-back games or heavier weeks, for example.

Anyway, the goaltending was the least of the Jets' issues last night. That was my point.

You're so shruggy today!!! #lifesohard

You just started arguing against something I never said...  I didn't blame Helle for the loss, I just said he didn't win the game for them

Detroit would have been a great game to rest him...  we are now starting a road trip and judging by your standards - and probably by Helle's energy level... Comrie will get his first start against the Blues - that should work out well

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

You're so shruggy today!!! #lifesohard

You just started arguing against something I never said...  I didn't blame Helle for the loss, I just said he didn't win the game for them

Detroit would have been a great game to rest him...  we are now starting a road trip and judging by your standards - and probably by Helle's energy level... Comrie will get his first start against the Blues - that should work out well

And you're trolling hard. Obtuse definitely is a bad look. :lol:

Actually, I didn't name any names. You took it upon yourself - 16 hours later - to quote me and then make it about you. Nice job being presumptuous and then getting defensive. I made a general statement and you chose to turn it into an argument - well after the fact.

Hellebuyck's energy level is fine. I don't understand why you seem to think you know more than anyone else here, much less the team itself.  Can the chicken little routine.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, Mason is with the team on the road right now and has been skating. So, don't just assume Comrie will get his first start this season against the Blues.

Edited by blue_gold_84
Mason's info added

45 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And you're trolling hard. Obtuse definitely is a bad look. :lol:

Actually, I didn't name any names. You took it upon yourself - 16 hours later - to quote me and then make it about you. Nice job being presumptuous and then getting defensive. I made a general statement and you chose to turn it into an argument - well after the fact.

Hellebuyck's energy level is fine. I don't understand why you seem to think you know more than anyone else here, much less the team itself.  Can the chicken little routine.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, Mason is with the team on the road right now and has been skating. So, don't just assume Comrie will get his first start this season against the Blues.

An interesting parallel to read my debates with you and with Spuds in this thread about the same post really...  you definitely appear more the troll than any of us.

13 hours ago, Atomic said:

I don't think Comrie is going to start any games.

He gets the start tonight, which is alright - permitted the Jets decide to show up this time. Can't dog it again in the opening frame.

Might as well see what Comrie can do. And the idea of being proactive to prevent potential fatigue for Hellebuyck isn't a bad one.

Comrie has the skill set. But he'll need help up front, which means a strong defensive game from everyone else. Can't have Myers and Morrissey playing like they did on Tuesday.

Edited by blue_gold_84
tweet added