GDT West Semi Edition: Do It For Hewie The Moose

Noeller

19 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Here’s the bottom line for me. Edmonton has guys like Bryant Mitchell and Duke Williams sitting on the bench due to a surplus of receivers. For us, Darvin Adams goes down and we are left with a collective of guys who simply are not good enough. Walters wears a lot of this. 

we lost because of our receivers?  After Dressler and an relatively unknown Coates both go over 100? 

does. not. compute.

6 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

We did not lose this game because of our receivers but you cannot possibly suggest that after Adams went down that we had even adequate overall receiver play.

oh god no, lol. Washingon, Lankford, Denmark and to a small extent JFG and Givens all didn't really show enough to be considered for starting receiver duty.  We definitely need a influx of new talent into the core of this unit come next camp.  

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

oh god no, lol. Washingon, Lankford, Denmark and to a small extent JFG and Givens all didn't really show enough to be considered for starting receiver duty.  We definitely need a influx of new talent into the core of this unit come next camp.  

And even had the defence not crapped the bed last night, that group of receivers simply is not good enough to win the Grey Cup. As someone who has always been somewhat lukewarm on Nichols, it raises my respect for him to be able to put up those numbers last night with Dressler, Coates and absolutely nothing else at his disposal. Even if a number of those yards were against a prevent.

Edited by AKAChip

48 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

And even had the defence not crapped the bed last night, that group of receivers simply is not good enough to win the Grey Cup. As someone who has always been somewhat lukewarm on Nichols, it raises my respect for him to be able to put up those numbers last night with Denmark, Coates and absolutely nothing else at his disposal. Even if a number of those yards were against a prevent.

nope very true.  they were underwhelming as a group for sure.

We have quite the worst  receivers in the league without Darvin. Not a single one of our other imports sans Dressler played well enough to be a professional football player. 

I would bring Givens, and possibly Washington back to camp next year. But a guy like Denmark was absolutely brutal, and has definitely played his last game in the CFL. 

Getting Chris Matthewsback to pair with Darvin and Dressler would be perfect.

Edited by Blueandgold