Babble

SpeedFlex27

This is for Rich & the mods here asking something be done about Babble. Ever since it was installed there have been issues with disconnection & freezing. Every game it does this. Today was especially bad. I must have been disconnected well over 20 times. It got so bad I left chat. Is there nothing that can be done? Can we use a different chat? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

58 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is for Rich & the mods here asking something be done about Babble. Ever since it was installed there have been issues with disconnection & freezing. Every game it does this. Today was especially bad. I must have been disconnected well over 20 times. It got so bad I left chat. Is there nothing that can be done? Can we use a different chat? 

Yeah this week and last week it was a lot worse then previous for some reason. 

On 10/28/2017 at 5:18 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't think this is entirely true, I know it has had problems, but there was a time it was better.     Without trying to going into a lot of the technical details that will bore most people into why it has been bad then better and worse again, there has been some back and forth on the hosting and how the backend chat server has been working.   Right now we are on a hosted version of Babble.  Just installed a release today that I am told should clear some of these issues up.

If it doesn't, I will have to return to a self hosted version where I can control resources allocated to it.   It is not a quick thing to set that server up, so if I end up going that route, it will have to wait until I can find the cycles to do it.

I've had problems since the start of Babble, although it has become progressively worse.  I hope that this game is better and the changes they did worked out.  If it doesn't, I wonder if there is a tool that would provide the chat to be hosted over an IRC connection that just feeds to the web interface.  Back in the day I know this was possible, there are plenty of free providers for IRC clients that would allow us to continue to chat.  Might be worth a consideration

4 hours ago, Tehedra said:

I've had problems since the start of Babble, although it has become progressively worse.  I hope that this game is better and the changes they did worked out.  If it doesn't, I wonder if there is a tool that would provide the chat to be hosted over an IRC connection that just feeds to the web interface.  Back in the day I know this was possible, there are plenty of free providers for IRC clients that would allow us to continue to chat.  Might be worth a consideration

I second this notion. IRC is rock-solid technology that's been around for years.