Ridirts @ Rodblacks - An Upset From Ottawa Must Happen

USABomberfan

6 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I just love the articles coming out of Stinkville to the west of us in regards to last nights game. Headlines like "Riders Storm Back From 17 Point Deficit!" and " Riders Roar Back in Road Win Over Redblacks!" Really?? Are they all truly that delusional? A garbage QB, crappy kicker, poor Redblacks special teams, and a brutal, untouched fumble gifted you the game. There was no storming or roaring. No wonder these sheeple are so blind to reality. Their own "journalists" spoon feed them green koolaid at every turn. What a joke.

That it took them being down 17-0, a mistake on a punt into the EZ and that ridiculous fumble that was not even caused by a defender for them to win says it all.  They're going nowhere in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Which statement is more correct?

The one put out by the CFL.ca staff - 

“Ottawa controlled momentum for most of the game and shut out the Riders in the first half, but quarterback Kevin Glenn turned things around and found success in the fourth quarter to claim his 100th career win.

Or

“Ottawa controlled momentum for most of the game and shut out the Riders in the first half” but it was a breakdown of epic proportions by the RedBlacks as they, somehow, forgot they were in a football game in the second half.

Allowing a 97 yard punt, with a 17-0 lead, started the downfall, and the wherewithal could not be found to stop it.

They had the power of Powell...and refused to use it later in the game.

Dismal, really.

To me, Saskatchewan did not win that game, Ottawa lost it.

Like Trump saying stupid things to play to his base. The CFL is playing to the Riders base.  What else is new? 

On 9/30/2017 at 2:10 PM, Zontar said:

Recall  a thread on CFL Zone probably 10 years ago. I ranted how Kavis Reed keeps getting inexplicably hired in high positions and wondered if it was all about affirmative action so franchise owners and executives can feel good or deflect criticism.

Still wondering

I hope not... the best coaches should get the best jobs, period... Devone Claybrooks is probably the best defensive coordinator in the league... and no one will question it for a second when he get a HC job...

On 9/30/2017 at 3:43 PM, Mr Dee said:

I see no problem in firing Kavis Reed RIGHT NOW. They absolutely have nothing to lose. 

Somebody has to coach them... right?