CFL QB Rankings Week 14

mgoodpaster

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Probably right. Khari might have been in tough in retrospect with the juggernaut AC lead als offenses. After 2001 our WR cores got pretty thin. And we saw some awful OCs. 

Calvillo was more of a juggernaut later to be honest. from 02 onward Ricky Ray was tough competition and 03 I think Dickenson was back from the NFL, but 01 it was really Kharis time to shine. 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Calvillo was more of a juggernaut later to be honest. from 02 onward Ricky Ray was tough competition and 03 I think Dickenson was back from the NFL, but 01 it was really Kharis time to shine. 

02 was calvillos of 4 years in a row over 5k passing yards, with 1 year over 6k and 1 year just under. 02-05 then the resurgence period of 08-12. Iirc wasnt it in that first establishment stretch where he lead the first offense with 4 1k wrs? The als also went to the cup like 6 times 02-08, won the GC in 02 (along with GC MOP), and cfls MOP 2003. I think people under rate That first era with the als. If he hadnt exploded at that point, he almost certainly wouldnt have been around for the 2nd great sting.  That stretch of time from 2001-2003 ish is probably the golden era of qbs. 

Ray no doubt up there too.  Dickenson in 03 was back and the DD of old, but never really the same/healthy.  After that. 

The game has also opened up a TON since then. And since ac retired to now. Those HoF caliber qbs from that era might all break 7-8k passing each year with 50+ tds in todays game.  Dbs could get away with murder back then. Today they cant even look a WR in the eye.