Brian Strait Recalled (Yeah I'm Serious)

Goalie

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Byfuglien is our best defenceman so I know you're not referring to him. 

But hey, losing is awesome!  We're number young!  We're number young!

I don't understand what point you're trying to make...  our weakest players are our vets - Thorbs, Stafford, Stuart, Enstrom, Postma

Unless you think Chevy can sign a top quality vet...  this team will be younger next season and probably the season after that... 

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I don't understand what point you're trying to make...  our weakest players are our vets - Thorbs, Stafford, Stuart, Enstrom, Postma

Unless you think Chevy can sign a top quality vet...  this team will be younger next season and probably the season after that... 

Those are our weakest players?  I'll give you Stuart and Stafford.  Postma is a typical 3rd pairing D-man, he's fine as a #7, which he started the season as.  Blaming Thorburn when he barely plays is ridiculous.  These guys aren't the problem.

The problem is elevating guys before they are ready to contribute.  Armia and Lowry are fourth liners.  Connor should never have been on the team, same with Tanev.  Handing the keys to Hellebuyck and Hutchinson was a disaster.  Everyone is all horny to blame the vets but the young guys have played a larger part.

18 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Those are our weakest players?  I'll give you Stuart and Stafford.  Postma is a typical 3rd pairing D-man, he's fine as a #7, which he started the season as.  Blaming Thorburn when he barely plays is ridiculous.  These guys aren't the problem.

The problem is elevating guys before they are ready to contribute.  Armia and Lowry are fourth liners.  Connor should never have been on the team, same with Tanev.  Handing the keys to Hellebuyck and Hutchinson was a disaster.  Everyone is all horny to blame the vets but the young guys have played a larger part.

I'm not totally blaming one side or the other...  

Jets need vets with good fancy stats - guys that drive the play and are involved - Stafford is a lazy cherry picker, Stuart and Thorburn are pylons, Enstrom is too small, Perrault is injured all the time...

Replace Stafford and Thorburn with Frolik and Stemp...  this is a completely different team.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm not totally blaming one side or the other...  

Jets need vets with good fancy stats - guys that drive the play and are involved - Stafford is a lazy cherry picker, Stuart and Thorburn are pylons, Enstrom is too small, Perrault is injured all the time...

Replace Stafford and Thorburn with Frolik and Stemp...  this is a completely different team.

It's not that different and fancy stars are great but the don't tell the whole story. 

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

For the most part when college guys go the FA route it's to play closer to home.  

For Poolman the closest city to home for him is Winnipeg 

This is a guy who has come to all our Development camps... who has said he stayed at ND because 1. His dad is part of the staff and 2. His brother started playing there this year. He is not some bright lights big city kid... he's a prairie kid from Grand Forks.

I think its 95 percent likely he signs here.  

Like who?

Vesey didn't sign with Boston...neither did Hayes.

Tanev didn't sign with TO.

Schultz didn't sign with Vancouver...

Krug and Bozak didn't sign with their home town teams.

Danny DeKeyser signed with Detroit so I can give you that one.

edit .. I agree he probably signs here but money will play a BIG role in it.

Edited by Ducky

we can sign him before anybody else can so he gets at 10% signing bonus as soon as he signs which the other teams cannot offer him. We can also tell him that he can play a few weeks up with the big Club in that way he makes some big paychecks along with his 10% signing bonus.

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Look at your top ten Jets fancy stats and ten worst... no surprises at all.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/WPG/2017.html

Lots of young guys below 50 in Corsi For %.  Thorburn is at 44% but he also only plays 7 min. per game, and only gets into half the games so if you want to put the record on him that's a little misguided.  I see an equal mix of young and old at the bottom.  Stuart, Stafford, Thorburn... but also Connor, Tanev, Chiarot and Copp.

And I don't get how you can call Toby and Buff a dumpster fire and then turn around and point at these stats when they are both in the top half.

Edited by Atomic

14 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Lots of young guys below 50 in Corsi For %.  Thorburn is at 44% but he also only plays 7 min. per game, and only gets into half the games so if you want to put the record on him that's a little misguided.  I see an equal mix of young and old at the bottom.  Stuart, Stafford, Thorburn... but also Connor, Tanev, Chiarot and Copp.

And I don't get how you can call Toby and Buff a dumpster fire and then turn around and point at these stats when they are both in the top half.

I didn't call Buff a dumpster fire.  Maybe you misunderstood.

I called Stuart and Enstrom dumpster fires.

Enstrom is not actually in the top half... that's kind of the point.

Edited by Floyd

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

It's not that different and fancy stars are great but the don't tell the whole story. 

I agree. They are a tool, for lack of better a word, to use in evaluation.

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Enstrom is top 5 in CF%...no way Myers, Howden, or Melchiori should be considered with the handful of games they have played.....having said that, his game has really struggled this season. He's quite often making mistakes that he rarely used to. He's not getting the positioning he used to on players either.

If Chevy signs Alzner and Morrissey keeps progressing, Enstrom can sign for 1.75m x 2 years and play 3rd pairing minutes (12 minutes) unless someone is ready to step up by then. If Chevy doesn't address the LHD and really the 3rd pairing this off-season, he should be tarred and feathered.

Alzner and Greiss Chevy, we know you are reading this...

25 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Enstrom is not actually in the top half... that's kind of the point.

I just inferred that you were talking about Buff because you said 31 and 32 years old which would describe Buff (31), Enstrom (32), and Stuart (32).  But you didn't mean that so, fair enough.

I would argue that Enstrom is in the top half.  But, regardless, he is obviously not living up to his salary.  That's a problem for sure.

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

In our playoff year, around this time of year... the Jets were fielding a D core of Pardy, Harrison, Brouillette, Kellerby...  and winning.

Harrison or Pardy would have actually been an upgrade for this year's 'depth' 

Keaton Ellerby.  Not Kellerby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keaton_Ellerby