Game 50 : The Drakes @ The Jinx

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

That second goal on Pav was pretty brutal. Didn't want to lose by 1 cuz that goal would basically be the difference.  

24 of 27. 889.  3 goals against again.  

Great game tho. Perry is a classless fool. Brutal slash on Perreault who is not done for the season but will be out tomorrow.  

Thought they played well but really.... 1 short handed goal against.  1 very weak and 1 PP goal against. That's the game 

I post sv% after games and you and Floyd ask me why I am posting sv% on such a small sample size and it doesn't mean anything.

The Jets lose and here you are posting the sv%. You are so transparent it hurts.

If the Jets win and Helle isn't in net, no kudos to the goaltender ever.

If the Jets win and Helle is in net, goaltending won the game.

If the Jets lose and Helle is in net, it was the Jets fault because they played poorly in front of him.

If the Jets lose and Helle isn't in net, it is always the goaltenders fault.

If Helle were as consistent as you, we'd be in a playoff race.

49 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If helle or hutch put up 889 save percentage you'd be crapping on them. 

What do you want me to say?

Pavs let in a super soft goal? He did. I am used to it by now from all three of our goalies. Pavs played well enough to win the game and if the Jets had more finish and buried some chances and someone on the team had knocked Perry on his ass with a roundhouse right, we'd probably have won.

Perry is a big man until the ref isn't there. Too bad him and Wheeler didn't go at it. I hate that pr$%k.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Pavs played well enough to win the game and if the Jets had more finish and buried some chances and someone on the team had knocked Perry on his ass with a roundhouse right, we'd probably have won.

You expect these Jets to score 4 goals a night?

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

They easily could have put another in the net if not for big saves by their goalie.

If Armia started scoring on his chances, this team would be a lot better off. He had at least two high quality scoring chances again last night.

You expect these Jets to score 4 goals a night?

18 minutes ago, Ducky said:

They easily could have put another in the net if not for big saves by their goalie.

If Armia started scoring on his chances, this team would be a lot better off. He had at least two high quality scoring chances again last night.

Armia's gotta be the most overrated player on the team.  Early in the season we had people asking why he's not in the top six, he deserves it more than Stafford/Perreault, etc.... ummm maybe it's because he has no finish or playmaking ability.  But hey he works hard (or at least he did for awhile) and he's young so it must be a conspiracy that Maurice doesn't put him in the top six.

I don't mind his playmaking but he has got to start netting some goals.

I think he should be in the top six before Staf, Petan or Copp.

If he weren't the driver on the 3rd line, I think he would have gotten a chance already.

Probably the worst game I have seen him play last night.

Armia was playing great from the moment he got called up to the moment he got hurt.  I'd cut him some slack.  I think he probably doesnt have the finish (ha!) to be a consistent top six.  But is a strong 3rd line winger that works hard and can generate some chances.  Those types are good because they wont be too expensive and he has the talent to fill in in the top six in a pinch but generally caps out as a strong 3rd liner.

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The thing is he was a goal scorer pretty much a sniper until he got to North America. I've probably been his biggest fan since he got traded to the Jets but eventually he has to start scoring.

When the trade happened, I read up on him and he was compared to Teemu Selanne without the scoring touch, but with offensive upside. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Armia was playing great from the moment he got called up to the moment he got hurt.  I'd cut him some slack.  I think he probably doesnt have the finish (ha!) to be a consistent top six.  But is a strong 3rd line winger that works hard and can generate some chances.  Those types are good because they wont be too expensive and he has the talent to fill in in the top six in a pinch but generally caps out as a strong 3rd liner.

Armia, Lowry, Matthias would be a fine fourth line but as a third line they are dragging the team down.  The third line HAS to produce.  There is no 2 ways about it.  They have to put the puck in the net more often.

I think he should be in the top six before Staf, Petan or Copp.

All three of those players have shown far more offensive talent than Armia.  Sorry but it's true.

Just now, Floyd said:

Copp-Petan-Armia should be our third line...  they were great together last year

Matthias-Lowry-Tanev is your gritty fourth line

Yeah I'd definitely give that a shot, but with Thorburn in for Tanev.  I don't know why Tanev is in the NHL right now, he needs to be with the Moose... he's just not 'there' yet as a player.