Game 46 : Snow Angels @ City of Angels

Hard loss to take but what can you do?

They gave it all they had...they got the goaltending and the saves when they needed them to keep them in the game......PP and PK were good...

What I really liked was that they didn't quit and the vets that we were trashing on here had a good game. Morrissey's penalty should be looked at by the league...how was that a penalty? Carter tells Morrissey on the ice it was a good hit.

I hate to ***** after such a strong effort but Postma might have had the worst game I have ever seen him play.

Meh. Good game against a good kings team.  Lots of positives tonight. 

Wheeler could have had 2 3 4 5 goals tonight but nope. A lot more selfish tonight. Not sure he should be... he's a play maker not a scorer... pass the puck on the 3 on 1

Postma was fine... Stuart passing the puck in his skates all night didn't help Postma

Edited by Goalie

4th line with less than 5 min ice time and 3rd pairing D had 7 minutes TOI... smells like desperation to me.

Amazing that Petan only got 6 minutes of ice time... really noticed him a few times - in a good way.

Stafford sparked up after the second goal - still think he thought he tipped it and was putting in an effort only to get the hattie

Enstrom is finished - two more years of this...?  AND another year of Stuart?

Kings were ripe for the picking, Jets still tried to give that game away...  finally did. 

I'm not as excited about the last two periods as others.  Granted they actually looked like they were playing hockey - baby steps.

The only real positive this game was pp and pk. They looked better compared to the last 2 games but they have a long ways to go to be good enough to win consistently.  I don't see as many positives as I thought I might have. 

Really not that great of a game. Effort was better but still not even close to being good enough 

Hmm. They lost tho so whatever someone said cuz words matter more than effort... it didn't work. Is this what being a jets fan has become?  Being happy cuz they didn't give up or quit eventho they lost yet again?  

They had a team meeting and came out and got dominated in the first. 3 goals posts plus some luck kept it close 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Meh. Good game against a good kings team.  Lots of positives tonight. 

Wheeler could have had 2 3 4 5 goals tonight but nope. A lot more selfish tonight. Not sure he should be... he's a play maker not a scorer... pass the puck on the 3 on 1

Postma was fine... Stuart passing the puck in his skates all night didn't help Postma

You mean for the 7 minutes that Maurice trusted him tonight? An old man that hasn't played for half a season comes back and gets more ice ti me than he does. I used to think Maurice didn't give him a fair chance and that he should play more but the more Postma plays, the more it is evident that he is not an NHL caliber D man.

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

You mean for the 7 minutes that Maurice trusted him tonight? An old man that hasn't played for half a season comes back and gets more ice ti me than he does. I used to think Maurice didn't give him a fair chance and that he should play more but the more Postma plays, the more it is evident that he is not an NHL caliber D man.

Let's try and stay focused on the positives after this game.  Ok?

When you're emotionally invested in the Jets like a lot of us are, they are such an entertaining and maddening team to watch. 

Just when you think they have figured it out, bam.

If Joel Armia continues like he is, he is going to be a really good hockey player for us. 

I'm thinking Bryan Little must be playing hurt. He's not himself since coming back. 

38 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

When you're emotionally invested in the Jets like a lot of us are, they are such an entertaining and maddening team to watch. 

Just when you think they have figured it out, bam.

If Joel Armia continues like he is, he is going to be a really good hockey player for us. 

I'm thinking Bryan Little must be playing hurt. He's not himself since coming back. 

Would love to see a shakeup with Petan elevated to second line centre and Little down to third - I agree, he looks knicked up