Game 33 : Florida FC @ Can't Blame The Schedule No More

1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x33

Time : Thursday 7

Story : After the a record 32 games in 60 days the Jets can no longer blame the schedule as they had 3 days off but just like most teams they play nowadays they are facing a superior opponent.

Sad But True : I'm glad Thorburn is playing cause he's one of the few guys scoring lately.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Speaking of Thorburn, he's at 3 goals now in 27 games.  Notables he's now tied with below.... geez, that's a better lineup than Vegas will be getting next season.

- Ladd (NYI)  3 goals 27 games

- Kane (BUF) 3 goals 16 games

- Setoguchi (LAK) 3 goals 24 games

- Iginla (COL) 3 goals 27 games

- Ryan (OTT) 3 goals 24 games

- Doan (ARI) 3 goals 27 games

- Hagelin (PIT) 3 goals 28 games

- Kuznetsov (WSH) 3 goals 27 games

- Steen (STL) 3 goals 23 games

- Ribeiro (NSH) 3 goals 27 games

- Dubinsky (CBJ) 3 goals 24 games

7 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Speaking of Thorburn, he's at 3 goals now in 27 games.  Notables he's now tied with below.... geez, that's a better lineup than Vegas will be getting next season.

- Ladd (NYI)  3 goals 27 games

- Kane (BUF) 3 goals 16 games

- Setoguchi (LAK) 3 goals 24 games

- Iginla (COL) 3 goals 27 games

- Ryan (OTT) 3 goals 24 games

- Doan (ARI) 3 goals 27 games

- Hagelin (PIT) 3 goals 28 games

- Kuznetsov (WSH) 3 goals 27 games

- Steen (STL) 3 goals 23 games

- Ribeiro (NSH) 3 goals 27 games

- Dubinsky (CBJ) 3 goals 24 games

Buff has 3 goals also. 

Don't think Jets are practicing much this week.  Think Maurice said it's time to just rest for a couple days. They do need to but man... it's a tough decision.... 32 games in 60 days is tough... for guys like Wheeler Buff Laine Scheif they all played at the WC so even more for them. They need the rest and guys like Scheif and Wheeler for sure definitely need to heal up. 

Maurice is hopefully in the video room with the team tho.... I'm not sure being on the ice is tge best thing for them right now... they just finished a stretch where they were on it playing games pretty much every other day... I don't like the schedule excuse and I don't buy it but... it did appear that the last few games they were just running on fumes. Basically I think they went all out Vs St Louis and Chicago in that back to back then were really just running on empty. 

Edited by Goalie

That would look like SUCH a nice lineup if Thorbs and Staf weren't in it. Hopefully Maurice will replace them with Matthias and Armia.

Seriously though, Matthias, Petan and Armia come back what do you do?

Petan to the Moose isn't fair but probably going to happen...Something has to be done with Burmi and Staf. They aren't going to move Thorbs further than the pressbox.

Theoretically speaking, insert Matthias into that lineup and sit Thorbs and Staf and Burmi and that is one too many. I'm not even counting what they will do when Myers finally gets back. Waive Postma? If you can't trade them, I'd waive Stu, Postma and Burmi but I know Chevy won't.

I'd say Thorbs is the extra guy.  Armia maybe goes in at the 4th line spot.  But in a perfect world, Arma is 3LW and Mattias is 4LW and Staff and Thorbs sit.  Wouldnt be surprised to see Stafford traded as we get into the new year and get closer to the deadline.  It doesnt really matter since he's UFA after this year and his cap hit isnt an issue.  But he's taking up space.  If he was scoring, so be it, but if the team is meant to be young and fast, that is the opposite of Stafford.

Trade him, save a few dollars and make it easier to play your young guys and not have to bench a veteran.

And Petan to the Moose.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Today's lines...someones thinkin!

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler

Perreault-Little-Laine

Tanev-Lowry-Stafford

Dano-Copp-Thorburn

That should last about 2 periods. 

Maurice needs to stop this crap and put Laine on LW where he belongs.  Put Ehlers on his preferred right side. Put Dano on his preferred right side. 

Laine Scheif Ehlers (ehlers and Laine have huge chemistry,  why keep them from each other) 

Perreault Little Wheeler  ( a vet line) 

Bottom 6? Whatever.  Just let Tanev be what he is and that's a high energy defensively strong 4th line winger. Putting him on the 3rd line is just not good or if you have to 

Tanev Lowry Dano