Game 32 : Slip Slidin' Away @ The Crude Oil Blues

Owned in the 3rd. 

Tough break but PP and PK suck and cost them again. Nice giveaways by Buff to start the 3rd and a few others. Wheeler and Scheif look hurt. Vets outside of Perreault who is starting to come around really struggling. Enstrom not good since back from Sweden. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Talent is there. It's not being used properly.  I get you refuse to accept that coaching is a problem but it Is a huge one. 

No, don't think that. You may be right & as time goes on it is looking like Maurice may be fired. However you are complaining about coaching on just about every message you post in the Jets Forum here. I'm  just saying you don't have to tell us everytime as we posters here already know your feelings. #pokingthebear

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

Talent is there. It's not being used properly.  I get you refuse to accept that coaching is a problem but it Is a huge one. 

When do you accept the goaltending is part of the problem? With better goaltending Maurice would look like a better coach.

I think what people have to realize is when the jets came here it wasn't a matter of all things being equal. It was bad 

Jets had some nice pieces in Wheeler (was was under performing), Ladd, Buff, Toby.  But that was it. No bonafide star. Our third line was the GST Line which was barely adequate as our 4th line the following year. 

Chevy has put together a talented team with strong assets. But if the 5 year plan takes 7-8 I can't say I'd be surprised. This team is very young still. The idea for being bad and competing within 5 years is that you draft a star and already have some pieces. Jets barely had anything. 

I can't remember hearing any 5 year plan from management....that was a media thing.

Scheif was the first one drafted and didn't make the lineup for two years. Does that mean 5 years from then? pftttt.

No way is Chevy firing Maurice during the season and I am betting he gets an extension right after Chevy gets his this off-season. Is he stopping pucks? Playing the PP and PK? Did he tell Staf and Burmi to take the season off? He should be fired for letting all those guys play that rough sport of hockey and get hurt I guess. Does he have flaws? Hell ya but so does every other coach in the game. I remember fans questioning how Scotty Bowman was using his roster and they were in the midst of winning 4 straight Stanley Cups!

You have to remember that we started off with 10 players with one year or less to start the season. Four were greenhorn rookies. Didn't think there would be any hiccups or inconsistencies? These guys are learning and growing as a group and in a few years we will all be glad they were making their mistakes now and not then.

this year after 32 games 13-16-3 on Dec 11.

last year after 32 games 15-15-2 on December 20.

Edited by Ducky