Game 14 : Stars @ A Bridge Deal Too Far

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Sports fans are way forgiving.

Rapist? Can he still fight?

Dog fights? Can he still throw?

Sure, we'll forgive criminals, if they're OUR criminals.

But don't throw shade at our team/city!!

(We'll see)

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Trouba never did throw shade at Winnipeg and neither did his agent.  It was all rumors really. Who knows. 

I guess it will depend on what he says when the media speaks to him. 

I think the fact that this is 2 years and not 6 years like every other comparable D-Man out there speaks volumes.

Him and his agent did the right thing by not crapping on Winnipeg because if they had, this 2 year bridge deal wouldn't have turned out well for Trouba the next time he stepped on the ice.  A smart agent knows he has no leverage after the ELC and this outcome was a real possibility, and they left that door open by claiming this was about playing the "right side".

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Trouba never did throw shade at Winnipeg and neither did his agent.  It was all rumors really. Who knows. 

I guess it will depend on what he says when the media speaks to him. 

Yes it will be interesting to hear what he has to say. Any guesses?

Worst case scenario and what would be really 'funny', if a trade isn't completed in the timeframe Trouba and his agent want, he then sits until it's done.

The Jets have lost a bit of their leverage with this signing if Trouba and agent get finicky the longer he stays with the Jets. 

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think the fact that this is 2 years and not 6 years like every other comparable D-Man out there speaks volumes.

Him and his agent did the right thing by not crapping on Winnipeg because if they had, this 2 year bridge deal wouldn't have turned out well for Trouba the next time he stepped on the ice.  A smart agent knows he has no leverage after the ELC and this outcome was a real possibility, and they left that door open by claiming this was about playing the "right side".

Murray? Dumba not comparables?  They got 2 yr bridge deals 

Minny had no choice with Dumba because of their cap situation   They had no room to sign him to a 5-6M contracts

The Jets do

Those guys also didn't hold out for a made up reason.  You really think Trouba has had a sudden change of heart?  Or he doesn't want to lose a year of earnings and a year towards being a free agent  

If he wanted to be here long term, there are plenty of comparables to pull from. 

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Both Minny and Columbus had no choice with Dumba and Murraybecause of their cap situation   They had no room to sign them to 5-6M contracts

The Jets do

Those guys also didn't hold out for a made up reason.  You really think Trouba has had a sudden change of heart?  Or doesn't want to lose a year of earnings and a year towards being a free agent  

If he wanted to be here long term, there are plenty of comparable to pull from. 

True enough if he really wanted to be here he would of signed a 6-7 year contract at 5 - 5.5  he wont be getting anymore that in 2 years. 

They won't tho.  Postma will be press boxed with Stu when everyone is healthy. 

Switching up buff and Morrissey is dumb. I'd imagine trouba will be top 4 so they can showcase him. 

Buff Morrissey 

Trouba Enstrom 

Myers Chiamelchistuart 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Postma or Stuart should start ahead of Chiarot...

Postma has been a dumpster fire all year. I had hopes that he would be a good puck moving dman but he's not showing that now. Can't move the puck and can't defend.