2016 Jets Schedule

Rich

I've been taking a closer look at the Jets 2016 schedule today because we are having our ticket draft for our seats tonight.   The Jets really got a horrible schedule this year.

• Home game against the Kings, Sunday November 13th @ 2PM.  Same time / day as the CFL Semi Final playoff game.  (Playoff games are at 12 and 3:30 that day, so if the Bombers are in a semi final game, there is a conflict)

• Jets home game against Nashville on Sunday November 27th @ 5PM.   That happens to be the same date the Grey Cup is played.  Start time 5:30 PM.

The semi-final game I can mostly overlook, but why would the NHL schedule any home game for the Canadian teams at the same time as the Grey Cup?   There is a lot of tradition amongst Canadians in terms of Grey Cup parties and the like.  Also 2 of the other people we share our Jets seats with are the same people I have my Bomber tickets with.

• The Jets don’t have any weekend night games until February.  These are usually the games I go after first as the atmosphere in the arena is usually the best....  Fair number of weekend afternoon games (team has historically been very flat for those games) and lots of weeknight games.

I completely blame Sportsnet for this...

#FirstWorldProblems 

Yep, I'm the same boat.  We're already trying to find people to take our Sept.30 Jets tickets. So speaking of, if anyone's interested let me know!

And without having any knowledge of how the sked works, I'm fully ready to blame Sportsnet!  Why can't they just go back to worrying about the Jays and NBA and leave the sports we care about to the real pros?! 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Yep, I'm the same boat.  We're already trying to find people to take our Sept.30 Jets tickets. So speaking of, if anyone's interested let me know!

And without having any knowledge of how the sked works, I'm fully ready to blame Sportsnet!  Why can't they just go back to worrying about the Jays and NBA and leave the sports we care about to the real pros?! 

At least the September 30th game is a pre-season game.   Not a big loss.

Grey Cup Sunday Jets game is a TSN3 game, so likely takes the blame away from Rogers (still, screw you Sportsnet).

I think the NHL will eventually have to answer for this after the World Cup. Doesn't do them any favours having the game at that time and seems like an even bigger F-U considering the Bombers are hosting the NHL at our stadium this year. Payback for not bowing down to the league last season re: Heritage scheduling? 

H&L just said through the last 25 years no Canadian team has ever had a home game same time as GC on Sunday. This year, both Ott and Cgy have road games during the GC.

Would be quite the day to go to the Jets game and then directly to a Bomber home playoff game after.  I wonder if the CFL would now consider pushing the kickoff back by an hour to allow people some time to do both.  Of course this is based on the Bombers finishing second in the west... ;)

• 2 weeks later...