Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jesse

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jesse

  1. In a vacuum, I don't think I would mind this. I'd be able to appreciate the increased revenue and I might talk myself into the DAZN subscription (I used to have it to watch NFL but cancelled it to save money). I feel the same way about the play-off changes. I see a direct way that those changes benefit the league through increases revenue. But taken all together - and sandwiched around the changes to the field which have no ties to revenue at all - it's hard to swallow. It just feels like I'm being pushed out step by step. Me and my buddies are all guys in our 30's with young families who all have season tickets. But with each announcement, we all feel less and less excited about the future. I don't know how much more we're open to.
  2. Unfortunately, it takes Saturday night football off the table for regular CFL viewers unless they have that subscription.
  3. Did he make that clear by leaving to play with Edmonton or leaving to play with Hamilton?
  4. The number doesn't shock me. He's made that his whole career, like you say. I think Walters, and I agree with him, got sick of paying that premium for a guy who was only available for half of every season and still left at every opportunity. I am always in favour of athletes with short careers taking the money where they can, but Lawler is a guy we stuck by when he got in trouble and didn't attempt to nickel and dime him over his injury history and he still bailed multiple times. Good riddance.
  5. I was surprised we brought him back to camp this year as well. I did not expect him to make the team. And his snaps in camp probably told him the same.
  6. 2 drops and a bunch of bad decisions. I’m very high on him but let’s give him some time.
  7. Again, I really wanted VAJ when he was younger. Thought he could be really great if he had some consistency instead of moving around all the time. Not that that version of the Bombers would have been able to provide him consistency, but still.
  8. Chris-Ike looked better and MOS made a comment this year about how we had been playing him out of position but he looked better in his natural role. It's at least possible we'll see a switch there.
  9. I think we got a brief glimpse into what Zach is still capable of when he has targets and time. Add in our extremely efficient run game and there's not reason to think he isn't going to have a resurgence ala Harris/Mitchell. Keep him clean in the pocket and he's going to be available in ways he hasn't been the last two years as well. Not to mention his relationship with Condell is a great environment to be developing Ermerdsma in. There's a lot of teaching happening right now. I think this is an underrated aspect which may not be as effective if Adams Jr was suddenly dropped into the mix instead. Again, blue glasses. But there is value in retiring Zach in blue and gold.
  10. I am a fan, so I obviously have my blue tinted glasses on. Trading Zach would need to accomplish more than a Madden trade where you’re giving up a guy with an 85 rating for a guy with a 88 rating. I do not think the team supported Zach properly the last couple of seasons and I do expect a certain amount of positive regression with the moves we made this year. As to the cap space, in the time of marketing money, I don’t think we’re handicapped in any way by Zach’s contract if we chose not to be. All that said, Brown and Alexander still exist in the world of potential. They have yet to prove themselves over a full season. VAJ is a guy I would have loved to trade for early in his career, but not one I’m giving up Zach for now. Arbuckle isn’t even in the same tier and probably isn’t a guy who can pick up where he left off with a new team.
  11. omg, I had just read her reply to one of my comments, but she is going ham on everyone. Fans, media, the organization. She called Paul Friesen "vile and souless" lol.
  12. She gave it to me pretty good. Calling the organization disrespectful and that there was no competition and it’s all BS. He can’t. He’s our property
  13. Now that Rourke’s broken the glass veiling, we’ve seen Ford and Ermergerdsma. Things are moving.
  14. I agree. I’m not a Bo Levi fan, but you have to show you’re capable of being successful over a full season before you can be ranked ahead of the proven all stars.
  15. I think it’s two very different situations. Every year there are guys who don’t even show up to camp, or come and leave in the first couple of days. Thorne was a PR candidate and seems to have made a career decision. Wilson was told the depth chart - which in any other year he’d be listed as #2 based simply on tenure - but was pushed down the depth chart and is seemingly blaming the organization for not giving him a chance.
  16. Brilliant. Will be stealing and passing off as my own. As to the rest of the post, I just think this was the plan all off season. We never brought in a vet QB, even before Ermergerdsma was signed. Perkins was signed with the hope that he could fill the Streveler role. Whether that’s purely SY or the primary backup will likely depend on how the preseason goes, but I’m putting my money on Ermergerdsma.
  17. Elgersma has been getting second team reps the entire camp. Perkins can be the SY guy and veteran ban-aid if needed. Thorne could have been our PR guy - but I guess didn't want to. But Wilson was getting cut if he didn't force himself into the back-up role and he didn't. So he beat Walters to the punch.
  18. No one is throwing Elgersma to the wolves though. Zach is the undisputed starter. We're talking about who is the SY yardage guy and who is the most capable of coming in incase of injury. Against a bunch of other rookies and Terry Wilson, Elgersma has a decent shot of finishing ahead of the pack.
  19. Where are you even getting this from? Everything across the board is an improvement from last season. Zach looks good in practice. He loves targeting Wilson and White. It sucks that Wilson is out, but we still have some time before the season. We spent half a season last year with Demski as the only option and still hit 10 wins. The defense was great last year and only added pieces. Vaval is still returning kicks. Brady running behind an improved OL. Why the doom and gloom?
  20. Well, so far a 3rd American hasn't even received an opportunity. That said, they just cut Mcghee from the secondary and he had taken every rep with the defensive starters. Still, I look at as their plan is to start 2 Americans, 2 Nats, and then rotate between Vibert, Daniels, Chris-Ike, and Cobb. I don't think the 5 receiver set will be the most common alignment. Not at all. Ontaria seems to be having a great camp, but also mixed with going down every other day. We have no receiver depth to absorb losing one of White, Wilson, Demski.
  21. 8-2 with Nichols starting though. And never got our butts kicked in the two losses.
  22. For me it's not about slighting the CFL - we know what it is for guys (especially the young Americans) - but that it shows a lack of awareness. You're going to be competing against career CFLers and you're making this statement to CFL fans. You need to be pretty ignorant to make this statement. That is important context that I was not aware of, thanks!
  23. Yeah, he got injured in 2019, hence bringing in Zach and re-signing him as opposed to Nichols.
  24. Yes. There is so much movement and trade offs in our back end. And it sounds like there's going to be more of it going into this season the way guys are already lining up. The rookies are going to have to prove in the film room first, I think.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.