Everything posted by captaincanuck12
-
"Get on your feet, Bomber fans"
I'm not sure where all the hate for the "True North" is coming from. I agree it needs to stay at Jets games though. It's a fun thing and becoming a tradition , so why not have it? Is it any less stupid than throwing an Octopus in Joe Louis arena? Or sounding the Hurricane bell in Carolina? Seriously, why get all bent out of shape about it? As for the Bomber game experience... the announcer's job is to motivate the crowd and get them involved. So telling fans to stand up at Bomber game or encourage the crowd to yell "First Down" , i'm all for it. Here's something to consider... if the fans are having fun and into the game... that makes the home team's adrenaline get pumping and they start to get amped. THIS IS WHY IT"S CALLED HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. My .02
-
GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg
I really am hoping for a solid performance from the Boys. And as I much as I hate agreeing with Troy Westwood, this feels like a "must-win" game. When Wild went down last week, it's like the defence just crumbled. The loss of Wild and Okpalaugo make our defence weaker. That being said, the depth has definitely improved on this club and tonight I guess we'll see by how much. TJ Heath is amazing though and I hope he gets 2 more picks today. Nichols needs to rebound and the receivers need to start catching balls and making plays. Nichols cannot take the hits he has been taking and the O-Line needs to open holes for Harris! I was so pumped for week, I legit thought we were going to beat Calgary. So my enthusiasm has been tempered due to the previous performance. I want to see the Blue gut for that W tonight, and keep Ricky Ray flat on the turf!
-
GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg
I think he was looking for the "I am from Winnipeg and want something for less than asking price" discount
-
GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg
All good guys. Found some tickets
-
GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg
Does anyone have tickets they are selling for tonights game. co-worker is looking to go. message me. Thanks! GO BLUE!
-
Our D the last 4 games.
Gave up too many big plays. Couldn't stop the run. Why wouldn't you fake a blitz and drop into coverage? Or vice versa? Keep the offense guessing. Of course Reilly had all day to throw. No pressure. Just pathetic
-
Arrogance: Bo Levi is your name
At the time, the comments by BLM bothered me, but really it's just trash talk in football. It's gonna happen and it will continue to happen. It would have been sweeter if the Blue pulled out the win. Use it as extra motivation to kick their butt next time you play them.
-
Why Is Denmark the Odd Man Out?
Give Nichols a chance to see if he can develop chemistry with Smith. Denmark has been pretty quiet the last two games as well. I don't necessarily like the move, but lets see what happens. Honestly who would you pull to put Smith in? Dressler? Kohlert? Shepphard? This is a good problem to have.
-
Banjo Bowl
The popular rumour is that Smith will take Denmarks spot on the O. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/smith-raring-to-face-old-mates-392674351.html
-
Week 11 lock of the week
I just crashed and burned! Good luck to all those remaining!
-
Odds and Sods - Game 10 LDC against the Riders
Poor clock management reared it's ugly head. Harris almost ran out the clock trying to get them into better field goal range. And why in the world did they not take a timeout to stop the clock? Do fans know more about the 3 minute rule than the actual coaches of the game? I'm happy we won but we easily could have lost had the game gone to overtime.
-
Week 11 lock of the week
Alright... going with Harris!
-
Potential defensive dynasty
I think the turnaround is due to Nichols. For whatever reason, Willy had/has a very difficult time reading defense, and Lapo's offence doesn't suit Willy's play style. When Nichols took over, the offence immediately clicked. That sent a message to the defense: "The offence will move the ball, so let's get it back to them". That probably sparked the brain child in Richie Hall to say "Hey we can be more aggressive". Benching Willy provided the chain reaction of sparks that this team desperately needed. Benching your highest paid player, sends a very clear message to the rest of the team. We're seeing it paying off. Just my .02
-
Lock of the Week 10
Messam
-
Lock of the Week 9
Arceneaux
-
Lock of the Week 8
Geez, completely forgot about this. If I'm still eligible, I'll take Harris.
-
Official GDT: vs Ham 08/03/16 Game Day We All Play!
Man I feel bad for Hardrick. Guy was practically crying when he had to come out for the 2nd time. Hope hes OK.
-
Lock of the Week 7
McDaniel PS> Thanks Jpan85 for doing this week in and week out!
-
Lock of the Week 6
Cory Watson
-
Lock of the Week 5
Time to step it up boys Greg Ellingson
-
How long is Willy's leash?
The offence sputtered once again when it was needed. 10 first downs in 3 quarters of football is flat out atrocious. We forced two turnovers inside the 25 yd line and came away with 3 points! Turn those into 2 TD's and we win this game. Willy is still is very inaccurate with his throws and overthrowing or under throwing his receivers. The boos he received tonight were well deserved. The defense got shredded again tonight, but still gave us a chance to win. This loss is on the O. I'm curious what the board here thinks on how much more time to give Willy? Is the fact that we have no running game (no surprise there) contributing to his awful performance? Should he be benched in favour of Nichols? Thoughts?
-
Lock of the week 4
Arceneaux
-
Lock of the Week 3
Marquay Mcdaniel
- Game Day Thread: vs Calgary Stampeders-- Friday, July 1st CANADA DAY EDITION
- Game Day Thread: vs Calgary Stampeders-- Friday, July 1st CANADA DAY EDITION