Everything posted by Arnold_Palmer
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
100 percent. The coaching staff have become a victim of their own success. We didn’t always run things this way. I’ve been saying it for over a year now. What’s the incentive for a young prospect to come to play in Winnipeg? In 2023 we were praising Walters for keeping the guys together for another run but that meant there was literally no position battles. Do you think someone who is looking to make their mark in the league wants to sit on a PR or play in a reduced role? Hell no he wants to play and show what he has. Now we’re into 2024 and we’re coming off two straight grey cup loses yet the attitude is to run it back with the vets, I don’t blame Walters or the scouting staff. It seemed like there was some good prospects in camp but it was obviously the coaching staff is going to favour vets who really should have been moved on from since 2022 if not 2023.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
No kidding. It’s like why did you bring him in at all if you were going to use him like Prukop. The offense was sputtering with Zach, give Streveler a couple of series as a change of pace and let him throw the ball.
-
Kenny Lawler.
Lucky looked like he lost his speed last season. I’d pass.
-
GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?
Yeah I’m an insurance broker and I’m wearing my Streveler jersey. Obviously easy conversation peace but yeah a lot of people asking if there was a game tonight! Oh well going to be a hell of a game anyways. Princess Auto field is always buzzing.
-
GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?
Man this GDT is amazing so far! Great way to kick off the season.
-
GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?
What’s worse? Plus 15 in June or minus 20 in December?
-
GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?
Holm and Kramdi both placed key blocks for the Gauthier scoop and score.
-
GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?
FAJARDO BACK TO PASS! JAKE THOMAS WITH THE PRESSURE! FAJARDO FUMBLES, OH NO! GAUTHIER PICKS UP THE FOOTBALL, HES GOING TO TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE! 60-3 BOMBERS LEAD! The crowd goes wild, Booch’s head explodes and we go 1-0 to start the season.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Are you talking about how many Grey Cup wins they have or number of teeth?
-
GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?
Bombers are going to crush the Als tonight. No Austin Mack to bail Fajardo out.
-
Lock of the Week 2024: Week 1
Schoen
-
Week 1. Revenge of the Darkside
I wouldn’t put too much stock into how’s starting, based on how the depth chart is configured I think you’re going to see a lot of guys getting reps in the front seven.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
25 years old, I’d take a chance on him, he’s a good player. Imagine him actually not being on a dog **** defense. I think there’s a lot of opportunity for growth in his game still.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
Wasn’t good last year but I know secondary was an area of concern so should hopefully be serviceable.
-
Blue Bombers Cuts Discussion
I think we’re going to have a lot of looks on the defensive side of the ball. There’s going to be a heavy rotation I believe. Even a Jake a Thomas is serviceable as long as he’s in and out.
-
Blue Bombers Cuts Discussion
I would take Derek Taylor’s depth chart with a grain of salt. Those ten Canadian “starters” I feel comfortable with in a variety of different roles. I think our NI depth gives us a lot of different options, one thing that looks apparent based on the final roster which is getting me excited is that it looks like there’s going to be a heavy DL rotation, a receipt for our success in 2019 and 2021. I see the majority of our Canadians starting on the offensive side of the ball, and having a mix of Kramadi, Ford, Thomas, Gauthier in more of a rotational role. The only Canadian on defense I see as a full time starter is Ford and maybe at times Kramidi.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
He hasn’t played in four years, I’d imagine it would be a tough go for him to get back into game shape.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
I would take him and cut Thomas, and we would probably still save money but I know Bomber brass wouldn’t do that in a 100 years.
-
2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp
That and the practising of the “victory formation” that loss looked good on them.
-
2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp
I really like what Walters and the team are doing with their DL so far, they’re really committed on getting a better, deeper unit this season.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
Nope. Complete non factor once the weather got colder.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
And their starting running back from last season, Taquan Mizell.
-
2024 Predictions Thread
West 1. Bombers 13-5 2. Lions 12-6 3. Stamps 9-9 4. Riders 7-11 5. Elks 6-12 East 1. Argos 10-8 2. Als 9-9 3. Red Blacks 7-11 4. Ti Cats 7-11
-
2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp
I never said we were a one dimensional team but the shift in philosophy has changed. We’re at our best when Brady has the football in his hands. Yes I think number 8 is the best quarterback in the CFL, yes I think having a balanced attack helps our offense in both areas, and yes I think Kenny is a great player but my point is there’s going to be tough decisions to make next off season and I don’t see us having three or the top four highest paid receivers in our roster next season, it’s just unlikely at this point, especially with how much we paid for number 8 and for number 20.
-
2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp
Me and my girl friend went to go pick up our season tickets today, really fun event at the stadium, I bit the bullet and bought a chris streveler jersey. It was the first jersey I purchased since I got a Charles Robert’s one for Christmas when I was 10 years old lol! I was torn on who to get, but I figured no matter what Streveler’s cult hero status as a Bomber will never fade so it was a safe bet.