Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

the watcher

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by the watcher

  1. There was an interview with the head of the restaurant association on CJOB. He fully supports the hammer being dropped on Monstosity Burger. He said all restaurants are working hard to follow the rules and earn the trust of both the public and the government/ health officials and places like that set them back and work against what they are doing. It was good to hear his support.
  2. I not so sure. I don't remember 1 kid who didn't get the polio vaccine and boosters or any discussion about it. Mind you it was a very small school and a small community so I'm sure there were some somewhere. But I don't think it would have been a there close to what we see today. Edit : lol I know I switched epidemics
  3. So they won't get the shot to help someone's mother, grandmother, cancer patients...........but " oh, my goodness I might miss out on some money , I better get the shot " What an entitled bunch of pricks.
  4. He is doing a great job of " Evander Kaneing " himself out of the NHL. What a waste. I'm glad the Jets washed their hands of him long ago.
  5. Please no. Canada's willingness to create and support new parties plays an important part in our political makeup. The NDP born of a disgruntled, suffering farmers party has made massive contributions to our social systems including Universal healthcare. Even today the PPC may have bled off votes from the Consevatives but it also bled off a bunch of further right supporters, ideals and candidates. The threat of NDP support forces the Liberals to adopt policies from the left. Two parties ? No thank you.
  6. I'm not sure how you compare the 2 pandemics. To many changes. Just to add to the confusion, we had a very good vaccine enter the picture part way through. I'm pretty sure % 99 would have jumped at that in 1918.
  7. Have a listen to Chris Hedges ( or read ) as a suggestion on that subject.
  8. As much as Democratic leaders and half of Americans hate Trump what they really fear and panic over is Bernie Sanders. When he was making a real push to lead the Democrats big money came in to squash that.And that's on the Democratic Party. They set the stage for Trump. Lifetimes of fear mongering of socialist ideas (that the rest if the world has adopted as standard practice and human decency ) have brainwashed Americans. Alot of it is not accidental.
  9. Agreed. The only way to power for the CPC is to compete for the center, especially on social matters. I believe we are in for a pretty rough ride fiscally . There is going to be a draw at some point to a more fiscally responsible government. The CPC can probably cash in on that but only if they can appeal or at least appear to be centralist on more social matters. I'm not saying a CPC government will be, or would have been more fiscally responsible .I'm just saying they are seen as that especially in harder economic times.
  10. It's really shocking that Mike Pence of all people may have saved the USA's democracy ........even if it is temporary......And even if it isn't a real democracy..........sh#t , never mind.
  11. The best thing I heard from an infectious disease expert was " there is no safe, only safer " All the protocols, masks, distancing, vaccines will reduce transmission, lower the overload on hospitals and reduce the severity of the disease if you get it. They can't eliminate it %100.
  12. " that if someone chooses to trust their immune system over the vaccine, then they are still welcome." So by that logic " I just broke both my legs but I choose to trust my body's natural abilty to heal without a cast " " I've got a painful cavity .I don't need a dentist because I trust my body will heal it " " I've got a bad case of VD but my body's immune system will cure it and everyone else that I infect " The stupidity of these people is still shocking . Way to go Manitoba government, health officials and enforcement officials for hitting these heartless bastards in the only way they feel it . Their pockets.
  13. Thoughts : - Neither Trudeau, O'Toole, or Singh were able to make any real headway in convincing Canadians they should lead the country. - The Liberals again win the most seats but lose the popular vote - The PPC were pretty much a non factor except in one riding in Atlantic Canada where they may have changed the out come. It's still disturbing that not far off 1 million people voted for them. Bernier is left peeking in the windows of the house which is a good thing. - 8700 people chose to support the PPC , placing them 2nd in Portage Lisgar, ( my riding ) which is embarassing. - Trudeau says he now has a clear mandate............um, okay. He never was good with numbers - A pointless election, called during the 4th wave, that no one wanted. Basicly the electorate has said " F### off , leave it alone and get back to work " to all the parties.
  14. Nice to see Bernier not win this own riding.
  15. I have a thought on why the Southern Health area may not be raising the numbers in Manitoba in general. There is a large part of that population that stays within that zone. They have limited movement outside the area. Secondly and more importantly my quess is a very high percentage of the people that traveled I to the area are no longer willing to do so. We are 40 minutes from Winkler and I would quess %80 to %90 of the people we know are no longer willing to go there. Personally we have switched grocery stores, equipment dealers, parts dealers, ...... to other areas. I now only go there if there is absolutely no other option. Perhaps it is slowing transmission. At least I hope so.
  16. BC has the craziest politics in the country. And that goes back a long way.
  17. I just don't like the timing of the election. There was no reason to have it now.
  18. I suspect it will be a Liberal minority and this entire discussion will be pointless. Kind of like the election .
  19. Who is fighting ? I just disagree about what would happen. It's a discussion
  20. The last coalition government was in 1864. In the event the Conservatives have a minority either the Bloc or possibly the NDP will back them. Just like the NDP held their nose and supported the Liberals. The party with the most seats will govern. Even if MBB doesn't like it.
  21. If ( and I don't think it is going to happen ) the Conservatives win a minority they will form the government. I will lay money on it.
  22. I know BC politics moves to the beat of its own drum but they have been NDP and Liberal pretty much since 1991 So the last time the party without the most seats didn't form the government was ? Let me answer that for you. 1864
  23. Which we have had many times before. It's not right to change precedence or rules just because we don't like results.
  24. Thats such a rare thing. I don't know if it happens. Without looking it up I think it has happened before but It has been a long time if it has.
  25. Or his heavy balls.😎 Kicking game and returns. Other than that we are set to make another run at it.( In my opinion) It's hard for the O to be consistent when they face such a long field each time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.