Everything posted by the watcher
-
Covid-19
For those not all that familiar with Ivermectine. It came out in probably the 80s sometime. ( If I recall right )It was an awesome tool in raising various livestock. It kills pretty much all parasites internal and external except Tape worms. They have a different nervous system and it doesn't work on them. One of the issues that came up with its use in cattle is there is a little bug called a Dung beetle that live in pastures. They take bits of cow manure and carry it down into the ground. This both aids in breakdown of manure and takes fertilizer to where it is needed. So think about that. This drug is powerful enough that an external dribble on the back of a 2000 lb cow passes into the body, then into the manure and kills beetles that eat that manure when it has sat in a pasture for a while. Lots of cattleman restrict it's use or alternate it's use or don't use it. It's a good product used with care when needed. In what world is that safer than a well tested vaccine ? Not mine anyways. Edit :I will add in that I know for a fact that an overdose on smaller animals will kill them
-
Covid-19
I can feel sorry for some unvaccinated who suffer and die from Covid. I have absolutely no sympathy for those who have promoted, pushed, broadcasted..etc anti - vaccination and anti mask. They are responsible for alot of deaths and suffering. To bad, so sad. You can't do any more harm now. It's harsh but I just don't care anymore.
-
Covid-19
And those numbers are in all likelihood far worse.The same anti everything crowd will only get tested if they are very, very sick. These aren't contentious people that want to know if they are sick so they don't spread Covid and get tested early . I absolutly had to go to Winkler today for things I just can't get elsewhere easily. I had trouble getting what I needed so I went to 4 buisnesses. No employees or customers other than me had a mask on. Not one. I finally went to The Bulk Barn and saw a masked customer going in and their workers were masked. Good on them for being the lone business that cares about their staff and customers.
-
Covid-19
It's nothing but an article that dances around the periphery of anti vaccination/ anti passport/ anti mask. Look at the state's in the US that embrace this mentality , they are the worst hit by the 4th wave. Look what is begining to happen in Southern Health where less then %20 of the population has half the cases. Nothing makes us safe but vaccines, masks and passports make us safer. Articles like that are nothing but fodder for covidiots.
-
Canadian Politics
As someone who votes for various parties ( sometimes in the same election 😁) I'm really hoping they pick a competent, decent leader. I'd love a difficult choice between 2 good leaders rather than picking the one who I think will do the least damage as has been the case in many of our recent elections.
-
Covid-19
I really feel for the health care workers, over worked exposed daily, frustrated..... I include those in charge of Southern Health. How frustrating would that be ,trying to beg, plead, bribe ......All those idiots to get a vax knowing what's coming and the inevitable result.
-
Covid-19
41 cases in Southern. And so it begins.
-
Canadian Politics
Often the target of dislike/ blame / anger has been aimed directly at Pallister himself. This could really benefit his replacement .Especially if they come across as more central, less hard line right wing.
-
Canadian Politics
Lol. Sorry , I got lured in.
-
Canadian Politics
There us no record of an actual Antifa person killing anyone. Far Right organizations and individuals have killed multiple hundreds. How many goverment buildings have Antifa broke into and taken over resulting in the death of people.-0 To suggest that Antifa is as big a threat as the far right groups in the US right now is ludicrous and without basis.
-
Canadian Politics
I look at it this way. I could worry about Antifa, a loosely ,goosey not well organized some what of an organization that hates fascists, isn't generally well armed,and generally protests against violent acts. OR I can worry about groups like the Proud Boyz , Boogaloo movement, etc.......who are violent, well armed, racist, white supremacists, have a history of blowing things up ( Mcvie) , occupying Gov. buildings, shooting people, etc.... It's not a tough job to figure out who is the threat at this current time.
-
Canadian Politics
You missed my point.. Anyone who fought fascism in WW2 was an antifascist. Obviously they weren't part of the current group that names itself Antifa.( Note the capital) I personally don't care one iota about Antifa. They are no threat to anyone. Except maybe the Proud Boyz
-
Covid-19
Great news on the vax and mask mandate. I came across this article about people getting Covid after being fully vaxed. It a real good reminder of just how transmissible this virus is and why we need the restrictions announced today. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/23/what-does-getting-covid-feel-like-for-the-fully-vaccinated It's also possible that this has something to do with the change in leadership.
-
Canadian Politics
I was having a conversation with a young man who was really ragging on Antifa and I pointed out to him that both his grandfather and my uncle were antifa in the 1940s. He didn't seem to appreciate my observation.
-
Canadian Politics
I'm just going to throw this in for people to think on: I read a book on the Great Depression this winter and alot who went through it talked about how everyone was depressed, had given up hope ,saw no future, no way out.It was a general feeling throughout the hard hit west . It has occurred to me that right now we are suffering an equal mass psychosis ( not sure if that's the right word ) But this time it's anger. Left is furious with right, right with left, vaccinated angry with unvaccinated and vise versa, non maskers vs masked, ......It seems to be in every country, every where. I find myself thinking " You deserve it if you die unvaccinated from covid " which is stupid because I know some real good people who aren't vaccinated. Where does entire angry societies take us ? I don't know but the BEST case scenario is now where.
-
Covid-19
Thats good to hear. The RM beside me may be an anomaly as it has one small town around 4 or 500 people and multiple colonies that aren't vaxxed. Im glad to hear many Hutterites are getting vaxxed. We have a close association with the closest one to us. They are awesome people and I've been worried about them as they have chosen not to get the jab .
-
Covid-19
Stanley's low numbers are legitimate but I wonder about North Norfolk. There are some municipalities whose Vaccination rates show as low are due to the number of Hutterite colonies . The Colonies I know are not getting vaccinated and I doubt any are. While the percentage shown is true it's not quite indicative of the communities in those RMs. In the RM beside me the Colonies owned %60 of the land 10 years ago and it would be much higher now. Population wise it would be close to close to %50 now as a wild guess. I'm not sure about North Norfolk but I've been surprised about their numbers all along.
-
Covid-19
Now, I'm not one that has ever been prone to public nudity but I'm pretty sure if I was at that meeting I would have jumped up, yelled " You are right " and stripped completely naked.
-
US Politics
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/22/larry-elder-california-governor-recall-election American electoral systems border on inane. It's hard to believe he has a legit shot at becoming Govenor of California of all places. He's more Trumpish than Trump.
-
GDT - Week 3 - The Champs @ Argos
You might note I mentioned the way we played ? But whatever.
-
GDT - Week 3 - The Champs @ Argos
I can't believe it's this close the way we played, the bounces, the refs. I suppose that's a good sign ???
-
GDT - Week 3 - The Champs @ Argos
Wow. Just nothing working today.
-
GDT - Week 3 - The Champs @ Argos
Where was the spear ? Because the helmet never made contact .
-
GDT - Week 3 - The Champs @ Argos
All right ,a running play
-
GDT - Week 3 - The Champs @ Argos
You can't call a penalty BECAUSE he was hurt.It wasn't late or dirty. Just a big hit