Everything posted by Mr. Perfect
-
Riders to target Lapo and Chapdelaine as OC's
He's the head coach for Simon Fraser.
-
Riders to target Lapo and Chapdelaine as OC's
Which I whole heartedly endorse.... Arash Madani @ArashMadani 55s56 seconds ago Expect the Riders to come after Paul LaPolice and Jacques Chapdelaine as the offensive coordinator in Saskatchewan. #CFL
-
George Cortez won't be back with Riders in 2015
Should have been hired the instant after Madani tweeted it. Get'er done O'Shea.
-
Michael Sam Possibly Playing for Als Next Season
Sam can definitely play football. You don't become the SEC defensive player of the year if you can't play football. Unfortunately for him his skills and measurables don't seem to translate well to the NFL game. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him do well up here.
-
Pavs and Hutch
The stops Hutch made last night, unreal.
-
Pavs and Hutch
I'd go to Hutch. I just don't trust Pavelec with the game on the line, should the game against Boston come down to the wire. Boston is a whole new ball game from Buffalo. One thing that was interesting was Maurice's comments after Hutch's last start. He said that we was closing the gap and earning himself more starts. We'll see how things go.
-
Referees Announced for Grey Cup
Offensive lines will be getting away with murder. Proulx is oblivious when it comes to holding calls.
-
Pavs and Hutch
Allow me to preface my comments by saying in football and hockey, I hate how easy it is, and how often people especially in our city have the #2 quarterback or #2 goalie have those players as the most popular players in town. Granted most popular is a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm sure you all know what I mean. That being said, at what point, especially in hockey (which is why I'm posting this in the Jets part of the forum) does giving your #2 goaltender more playing time serve the best interests of the team. Pavelec has played in 19 games. His stats are as follows: Save percentage .917, 2.29 goals against average, season record 7-8-2. Hutchinson has played in 7 games. His stats are as follows: Save percentage .947, 1.50 goals against average, season record 4-1-1. Obviously Hutchinson has much better numbers but he has also played in less games which one could argue doesn't provide an adequate sample yet. That being said, at what point does one say, we do have an adequate sample between the two. On top of that, statistically speaking, Pavelec's numbers are actually pretty decent, with the exception of his season record. The reason why I bring this up is because we've had games in the third period that we've been leading or tied and they've resulted in losses under Pavelec. On the road in New Jersey last month, and home games against Detroit, St. Louis, as well as a road game in Nashville just to name a few. Granted he hasn't always had the best goal support, but it seems in the clutch is when we most often lose our games. So I ask, at what point does one say Hutchinson needs more playing time. It's a notion I hate making because of how easy it is to suggest, but at some point if the current trend continues, it has to be strongly considered does it not?
-
Div. Final Sunday
Which if it wasn't for a useless kicker and a meddling CEO would have been a fantastic era. It's amazing what that man got done under the circumstances.
-
Maurice Leggett
Said the same thing in a tweet to Bruce Johnson...hmm...
-
Demski too good to pass up?
Depends on what he does. He shortarmed a perfectly thrown ball to avoid getting hit. That tells me a bit about his character. Would have been a big first down too. If he thinks university kids hit hard, wait till he gets hit by an international safety. Saw that, definitely not one of his finest moments. That being said, just as one game does not make someone's plummet, neither would one play. There are many more good plays that he made this season than negative ones. Every prospect is going to have plays on their tape that indicates a flaw or potential flaw.
-
Div. Final Sunday
Adam Schefter said on Twitter last week upwards of 10 teams have significant interest in him. He'll definitely be in the NFL next year.
-
Div. Final Sunday
Huge mismatch with Green and Stewart. Pretty bad when someone calls you out personally leading up the game and follows through on his word.
-
Div. Final Sunday
Crompton gonna Crompton. Ugly throw. Be the B- game manager you are and don't force the ball with the lead.
-
Demski too good to pass up?
One game does not make someone's draft stock plummet so significantly considering where he's currently projected by scouting.
-
Whatever happened to...
From Wikipedia: In January 2013, Erickson left Sun News Network and began working as a freelance foreign television correspondent based in London and filed reports for CBS News.[7] By the end of the year, she had left journalism for law school.
-
Mike Benevides Fired
Bloody hell he better not be.
-
Game systems
Great question. I'm very much the same kind of gamer. Last time I was in Winnipeg I asked an EB employee at St. Vital and KP the same question. If you're going to be primarily focused on sports games it doesn't really matter all that much. For me, I'm leaning towards PS4. I own a 360 and was going to buy a One because I'm familiar with the XBox. That changed for me when PS4 made an update that allows you to play your friend's games for free, if you are a PlayStation Plus member - Which to the best of my understanding is like having the XBox Live Gold membership. http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/24/ps4-update-lets-you-play-your-friends-games-for-free
-
Great article about Buck Pierce
If you look at NFL Coaching Bios all of them played college football & some played NCAA & pro football. Most NFL assistant coaches started coaching in HS or the NCAA & then moved on the to the pros including the CFL. It was a learning experience for all of them. They coached other positions but at lower levels. So, by the time they got to an NFL team they were experienced coaches even if it wasn't a position they played. It doesn't cost a fortune to hire qualified coaches to coach positions in the CFL. We should have MORE CIS coaches coaching in the CFL. They cut their teeth in HS or junior ball & moved on to the CIS. If there is a CIS coach who has continually developed running backs over the years that went on to the CFL, why wouldn't he be hired, for example? Bolded point - Fair comment. I think a lot of it has to do with the track record (albeit small) of CIS coaches that have come to the CFL. The record of success isn't as good as one would think it is. Money plays a big role I'm sure too as I can't imagine CIS coaches being paid that well. Personally, I'd prefer to have a pro player pay his dues in the lower ranks of CFL coaching than bring up a guy from CIS. In most cases, the track record of success is higher for pro players (CFL or NFL) earning their stripes in their respective leagues than bringing up coaches from the CIS, or NCAA. Greg Marshall, Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, and Bobby Petrino immediately come to mind. There are more examples and of course there are exceptions but for the most part I think there are good reasons why coaches from CIS and the NCAA aren't as successful when it comes to transitioning to the pros, whether it be as a positional coach, coordinator, or head coach.
-
Great article about Buck Pierce
Disagree that the CFL tries to minimize coaching. Teams are operating on different playing fields financially which in turn affects various aspects of the team including how many coaches a club can afford to play. This isn't the NFL where all clubs have maximized coaching staffs. Ontop of that, as has been pointed out, hiring someone who has coached running backs at the college or pro level before is not really necessary as has been indicated in this thread. Even teams in the NFL use coaches in difference positions than they played. The Green Bay Packers for example have Edgar Bennett who use to play as a running back coaching their receivers. Simply put, it is just simply not a requirement for all coaches to have played the position they are coaching. They've been around the game long enough to know what's required of each position.
-
Great article about Buck Pierce
Is there a team in the league that has a former rb as their rb coach? Some teams don't even have a rb coach, or others where it's a part time job. Some. Avon Cobourne is the Riders RB coach.
-
Great article about Buck Pierce
Yes, because slagging one person shows exactly what kind of person any of us is. And if you were talking about me, I didn't slag him, I said I couldn't stand him as a Bomber. I never said he was crap. Just like myself and others wouldn't like Hank or Tate as a Bomber. Well, the problem as I see it is that the Bombers consider the running back coach as an ENTRY LEVEL position. They have a quarterback coaching the position. He never spent any time as a running back. As Mike pointed out there are a lot of nuances coaching that position. It's not the big stuff you sweat but the small stuff. Without playing running back or coaching the position before at the lower levels, I think it was hard for Buck to come in cold & start coaching up his position players cold. I think the team saying that Running Backs Coach is an entry level position is wrong. A lot of knowledge & experience is needed to coach at the pro level. Or so I thought. Buck's done a decent job as a running back coach here but he should be coaching quarterbacks. That's where he'd shine, I believe. He could use his knowledge & experience to help other young qbs. That being said, he did a pretty good job as a first year coach. he should be commended & not criticized like you're doing Logan. Neither did Dave Dickenson, and he was in that role for the Stampeders in 2009. There's a reason the Bombers consider the running back coach as an entry level position - Because it is one. Other examples of former players coaching positions they never played - Jason Maas as the receivers coach in Toronto in 2013, Marcus Brady in 2009 as the Als receivers coach, Corey Grant is currently Hamiton's running back coach after a career of playing receiver, Joe Paopao spent this past season as the Lions receivers coach, and Kelly Bates spent this past season as the Lions running backs coach. There are obviously many examples of players coaching positions they never played. Just because a player didn't play a given position doesn't mean they don't know what's required of said position. Buck is working his way up the ladder. He'll get to those positions, but right now he is where he should be considering he's just starting coaching.
-
Great article about Buck Pierce
Disagree he needs to coach QB's. He worked with QB's his entire career considering the relationship starters have with their back-ups and OC's in formulating a game plan. He'll coach the QB's when he's moved up the ranks. The bolded and underlined part of your statement....Based on what?
-
Great article about Buck Pierce
He definitely needs another season or two before stepping into that role. One year in coaching isn't nearly enough to transition into an OC role, even if you're familiar with the game on the field.
-
Great article about Buck Pierce
I recall the contrary. You don't have to be a fan on him on the field, that's fine and dandy, to each their own - But for some to say he was selfish and a cancer to the team last year, which some absolutely said, couldn't be further from the truth.