Everything posted by GCJenks
-
2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!
I would love a chance to meet the man himself. His autobiography is my favourite sports related book and one of my all time favourite reads.
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
Thank you for understanding the sarcasm.
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
I am quite aware that Collaros become a FA in February, doesn’t change that we hold his rights until then. Could allow Desjardins to talk to his agent ahead of time and if they reach an agreement we trade and they sign an extension. Desjardins has to know he’s the next one fired and needs to give Lapo something to work with. I also think he’s petty enough that he would enjoy “sticking it” to Pinball.
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
Send Collaros to OTT for their first (2nd? Overall) and glady send our first (9th) to TO.
-
2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.
I am not saying this is a definite but a possibility to consider. Nichols has had the shoulder worked on so we know there are no underlying defects. He is going to be working harder than ever on rehabbing and strengthening his shoulder. Probably also working on throwing technique and mechanics. It is entire possible that he comes back better than before. His lower body has also had extra time to heal and strengthen. I am not a Nichols lover, have even called called him softer than his wife. What I didn’t realize is that he has a huge fire burning inside but keeps it in check on the field. I think if he would let some of the passion he showed at The Forks on display a little more often fans are going to support and get behind him more. I now firmly believe that he’s been neutered by Lapo and once he gets some different leadership he will be a differential person. I’d like to see him on a 2 year deal with a full starter price the first year and a lower with playing time bonuses the second year to back up Strev. Is it possible? I’d like to think so...
-
2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.
What station? 1290? They have no clue or sources other than Rod Penishead.
-
2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!
I tried that one on my iPad and it’s a little busy. Willie J is just right. I wish they would extend him already, I need a new jersey.
-
2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!
I suck at Twitter, can someone find Winston Rose's recent tweet and embed it? "I miss my Team. I miss walking in IG Field. I miss the Fans. Damn Winnipeg ❤️.
-
Bombers Youth Football Academy
Real cool initiative and a great way to get AH33 some extra $$ that doesn't apply to SMS...
-
Where to buy Grey Cup swag online?
Went by the store in St. Vital today, thought the selection was a little poor. Should have ordered online but wanted my discount... I guess a trip to the stadium will be required after all. Really wanted one of the grey T-shirts they had after the game but the sizing is a little "off" sized to fit football player bodies not middle aged desk jockeys...
-
2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!
I so wish I could have the Willie Jefferson one as my desk top but sadly those setting require admin privileges, stuck with corporate logo instead...
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
I haven't been to an LDC in almost 30 years, beginning to think next year might be the year to check out the clown show in person. Of course that would then mean 2 trips to Regina in a year... Have to think on that a little...
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
The only time I have them on at all is if I am in the car when the Jets are playing, that doesn't happen often. Can't even bring myself to listen to their pregame show on my way to a live game, they are just brutal time and time again. The stance against AH33 was what sealed the deal for any of their regular programming for me.
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
I realize Toth is not known for being more than a talking head but seriously? Rod Pedersen as his source make this worthy of a tweet? FFS there is no greater detail or certainty in that source or statement than reading any fan forum.
-
2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!
I believe that the ring ceremony is traditionally the home opener the following season. Supplemental presentations are often held when players that have left them team are in town facing the team the first time the next season.
-
2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.
Fan speculation running amok would someone floating the idea that he couldn't get back across the border after going home for the bye week. The comments that @Booch made were close to exact comments by Osh on the coaches show. I heard it as being as close as Osh has ever been calling out a player and basically said he quit on the team. He sure doesn't deserve a ring, everything he did was erased when he refused to take on a new role and didn't return after the bye week. If the reports of his IG post are correct I view that as him angling at getting a ring that he doesn't deserve.
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
Was Dickenson ever the ST Co-ordinator under Maas or had he moved on from Edmonton before Maas showed up? Can't really see those 2 getting along but then I have a hard time see Maas get along with anyone.
-
2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.
When I read "Junk''s article the first thing I thought was "He's been reading MBB, he should properly credit his sources."
-
Where to buy Grey Cup swag online?
Wade said on CJOB this morning that lots more arriving Wednesday and Thursday this week. They’ll keep printing it as long as people are buying it. Said they sold 3500 hats in the first week.
-
2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.
Would be a exciting season, likely somewhere between 8-10 and 10-8 with a playoff appearance. I’d be even less apprehensive about it in 2021, would still like a vet here in 2020
-
2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!
Had an email exchange with a customer I haven’t talked to in over a week. She was lamenting that she was sick and unable to attend the Grey Cup party she intended too. She apparently didn’t feel too bad about it, she’s a Ti-Cat fan...
-
Bomber Free Agent Discussion
Not to mention a ring that will be worth at least $5k (my guess) as well as a bunch of travel money for family to attend the big game and likely other appearance $$ for showing up at different celebrations. I can’t see any FA not signing here over $5 or 10k like we heard not so many years ago.
- Bomber Free Agent Discussion
- Bomber Free Agent Discussion
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
I’m not saying he was defiant of his OC but that he and his OC worked together to match his personal tendencies and that his personal nature took over when under fire and he created something great.