CFL on ESPN2

Here's the early season schedule...Bombers featured 4 times, with 3 games at IGF:

Thu Jun 25 - 7:30 ET - Ott/Mtl

Fri Jun 26 - 9:00 ET - Ham/Cgy

Sat Jun 27 - 8:00 ET - Wpg/Sask

Thu Jul 2 - 8:30 ET - Ham/Wpg

Fri Jul 3 - 7:30 ET - Cgy/Mtl

Thu Jul 9 - 9:00 ET - Ott/Edm

Fri Jul 10 - 7:00 ET - Mtl/Wpg

Thu Jul 30 - 8:30 ET - BC/Wpg

Fri Jul 31 - 9:00 ET - Sask/Edm

Here's the early season schedule...Bombers featured 4 times, with 3 games at IGF:

What do you mean by featured? All games are broadcast. Do you mean Friday?

What do you mean by featured? All games are broadcast. Do you mean Friday?
All games are on TSN. This is a list of games on ESPN2.

June 27, 2014

The CFL reached a new multi-year agreement with ESPN on Friday.

A broadcast source said the deal is for five years.

The agreement calls for a minimum of 17 regular-season games as well as the East and West Division finals being broadcast annually on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNEWS. All other contests will be available live on ESPN3 across computers, smartphones, tablets and connected devices.

The Grey Cup game will be carried live on ESPN2.

“We are thrilled for our fans in the United States that the ESPN networks will be the exclusive home of our league there,” CFL commissioner Mark Cohon said in a statement.

“Since the early days of ESPN, CFL games have been a valued part of our programming lineup,” said Burke Magnus, senior vice-president, programming acquisitions. “I’m proud to see our relationship continue as we strive to serve football fans 365 days a year.”

June 27, 2014

The agreement calls for a minimum of 17 regular-season games as well as the East and West Division finals being broadcast annually on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNEWS. All other contests will be available live on ESPN3 across computers, smartphones, tablets and connected devices.

“We are thrilled for our fans in the United States that the ESPN networks will be the exclusive home of our league there,” CFL commissioner Mark Cohon said in a statement.

“Since the early days of ESPN, CFL games have been a valued part of our programming lineup,” said Burke Magnus, senior vice-president, programming acquisitions. “I’m proud to see our relationship continue as we strive to serve football fans 365 days a year.”

Did anyone ever find out how much bank to the CFL this actually translated into?

June 27, 2014

Did anyone ever find out how much bank to the CFL this actually translated into?
I believe it was close to nothing. Benefit to the CFL was increased exposure.

June 27, 2014 The CFL reached a new multi-year agreement with ESPN on Friday.A broadcast source said the deal is for five years.The agreement calls for a minimum of 17 regular-season games as well as the East and West Division finals being broadcast annually on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNEWS. All other contests will be available live on ESPN3 across computers, smartphones, tablets and connected devices.The Grey Cup game will be carried live on ESPN2.“We are thrilled for our fans in the United States that the ESPN networks will be the exclusive home of our league there,” CFL commissioner Mark Cohon said in a statement.“Since the early days of ESPN, CFL games have been a valued part of our programming lineup,” said Burke Magnus, senior vice-president, programming acquisitions. “I’m proud to see our relationship continue as we strive to serve football fans 365 days a year.”

I don't think we had to pay them that much.

I believe it was close to nothing. Benefit to the CFL was increased exposure.

oh, the old increased exposure angle eh? That and $5 gets you a coffee at Tim's nowadays.

Have you seen some of th folks at Tim Hortons? I dunno if any form of exposure is good exposure coming from those restaurants.. Especially ones in Detroit.

looking back at days of black outs and little tv coverage, even watching bomber games in french its a massive improvement. 10 years from now the league could be in an amazing spot thanks to the work cohon did. That said, at the game with a ear bud in listening to bob irving call the game is my no1.

The ESPN coverage has been really good the past three years. Games are available for a week afterwards to rewatch on ESPN3. Hope that changes to the month that most NCAA coverage has.