Everything posted by Deiter Fan
-
You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.
So LaPo was "Mickey" to the offence's "Rocky" in beating the Stamp's "Apollo" by fighting righty and then switching to south-paw?
-
WF - Bombers @ Riders
Ahhhh...Johnny Fontane. "Oh, Godfather, I don't know what to do..." "You can act like a man! What's the matter with you? Is this how you've turned out? A Hollywood finocchio who cries like a woman?"
-
WF - Bombers @ Riders
Meh. If they win the cockiness was justified. If they lose then at least you got to feel cocky for a week before feeling like crap. Savour the moment.
-
QB
Change the name in your comment from Collaros to Nichols and I know the words to that song by heart. "Nichols" and "quick release" are not exactly synonymous from where I sit. Although, considering I've seen it with all 3 of our QBs I'm left wondering how much of that is the fault of our OC.
-
Our QB's name is spelled ZACH COLLAROS
Don't laugh. If Rod Black peruses this board he'll be using this as filler during our next game with him.
-
GDT - Stamps @ Bombers
Just watched this one again and the league should be ashamed of the job the officials did. From the no call on the JGrant horse-collar to the BS call on the Maston hit to the non-UR on Lawler on his TD catch (no need to smoke him when he's down in the EZ with possession) to two non-URs on Zach this game was an officiating embarrassment. I used to like Cuthbert but the way he meekly defers to whatever Suitor says has left an awful sour taste in my mouth. And how all four panelists and two announcers were cool with that hit on Collaros is so mind-boggling I can barely process it. That crap really burns my biscuits.
-
GDT - Stamps @ Bombers
Can honestly say I've never been grateful for figure skating...til this very moment
-
GDT - Stamps @ Bombers
It's not just about what they did. It's also about what they were expected to do...what they could have done if they didn't totally crap the bed a few times. I don't want to see respectable/competitive seasons/teams anymore. I want fn domination. I want a coach that coaches to always hit hard...always play to run up the score...NEVER back off with a lead. Dominate...intimidate. Given the players on the roster this year and the maturity of the staff they were expected to be the team I just described. Instead they turned a home run into a double. They've had their shot.
-
GDT - Stamps @ Bombers
Did anyone mention or notice that there was a "Black out" for the entire weekend slate of games? It was like Christmas came early.
-
GDT - Stamps @ Bombers
That should have been an easy penalty The defender was aimed at him...low. Had he been lining him up and in the act of trying to hit him while still standing he would have gone over his head. He aimed at him while he was already sliding. That's why he hit him so flush. That the command centre or the refs would not recognize that fact is inexcusable.
-
Bombers Playing Better Football
Same thing could be said for Adams. He made some horrible decisions on the weekend and has 2 extra years in the league under his belt.
-
Bombers Playing Better Football
Easy to be a powerhouse when you're beating up on the weak kids. Can't overstate the lesser quality of most of the teams we played in the first half of the season.
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
Don't know what's going on with him but I have not been even slightly impressed with his effort the last couple/few weeks, especially. If effort was the determining factor for the #1 receiver then I'd give it to Lawler right now.
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
The only reason I can think of is if they snag someone like Arbuckle...otherwise I would much prefer Strev with all his potential than a Nichols in the twilight of his career. My concern is if Nichols says he's good to go the loyalty factor may rear it's head with MOS relegating Strev to back-up for another year at least. And if that is the thought process he may test the market in the off season now that he's had a taste of the starting role. Then again if he helps lead us to a Cup appearance/win then the decision may be much easier for the team. Time will tell but it should be quite interesting how things play out.
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
Speaking only for myself... I don't "expect" him to be making better decisions. I think he's pretty much where I'd expect him to be given his age, experience and limited pro reps. My comment was strictly in reference to his desirability around the league as a starter next season. Like the steak I cooked last night...he needs a little more time on the grill to be well done...but I think he'll get there.
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
I like Strev and think he has loads of upside but I tend to agree with this. He has shown tremendous potential but his decision making, at times, is pretty suspect....which would be ok if he was putting up better passing numbers. Yeah he puts up crazy numbers on the ground for a QB but that's an accident waiting to happen. I like to think he'll figure that out and continue to get better and better...but if I was a coach looking for a starter next year I'm not sure he'd be the first guy I call Having said that...if the coaches decide he beats out Nichols at camp, should he return, then I'd support that decision, too. It might be a nail-biter of a year but having his job secure and guaranteed reps right from the beginning might just be what he needs to pull it together.
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
Sorry if this has already been answered. I'm just catching up...but the booth was saying that he had a personal best rush total of 166 yds. Hopefully that stuffs it in the face of the people that claimed he was only good because of PEDs. If he really was taking them he never should have because, apparently, he would have been better without them.
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
I'd say the same thing about Adams, tbh. They're both young. They both have ability. I think Strev will figure things out as time goes on. I hope he does. I like his passion/fire. But time will tell.
-
Osh is a Legend
As a student some of my favourite teachers were the ones that asked the least of me...that provided the least amount of pressure to excel and achieve...who cut me the most amount of slack. The fact he is so universally liked may be a good indicator of just how little he demands from his players.
-
GDT: Bombers @ Asshats
No offence intended here...and it's possible you didn't use it with this in mind...but there are several terms/words that are used as a way of immediately dismissing a person and their opinions in lieu of any actual argument. "Hater" is one. "Conspiracy theorist" is another. They don't respond to the argument and are solely intended to denigrate and dismiss the commenter without ever debating/refuting the substance of the comment. It seems now-a-days you can't disagree with anything/anyone without having an inflammatory term like "hater" being thrown in your face. Thanks to the casual use of "love" and "hate" they have virtually ceased to have any meaning at all.
-
Osh is a Legend
The interesting part about many workplace situations is that, given a basic level of competence, being liked...being personable and easy to get along with... will actually get you farther than being exceptionally talented and rubbing people the wrong way. Familiarity would also play into this after a while regardless of production. All the managing partners in this organization being chummy...and MOS's penchant for being loyal to guys he seems to like/that fit in...may just be proof of this concept.
-
Osh is a Legend
A tenacious one and one where he'd defend his turf to the death. He'd obviously run a grrrrrrrreat one
-
Osh is a Legend
Oh come on...Montreal is a total anomaly. Freak of nature. The exception that proves the rule. Everyone knows that you can't possibly be successful in a short period of time with a new coach. You have to give them 5 years minimum
-
Osh is a Legend
Good thing I wasn't saving the pvr'd game for tomorrow.
-
Osh is a Legend
I actually think it does fall on them. I was just offering my thoughts on what is likely to happen. O'shea will be probably be given a pass because of the loss of Nichols and that pass will likely solidify if he sacrifices one or both of his co-ordinators. You have to be at least a bit of a hard-ass if you want to be the boss and make uncomfortable decisions that will hurt/disappoint people. While he may have been a hard-ass as a player he doesn't strike me as one as a coach.