Everything posted by M.Silverback
-
Osh is a Legend
Gotcha. I for one did not question Nichols toughness. He’s had a lot of injuries, and that happens. And surgery to throwing shoulder would worry me as GM. But he’s tough, no question. People should watch some NFL films mic’ed up footage of Matt Stafford or Andrew Luck. Tough position to play, and tough dudes. They get killed out there
-
Osh is a Legend
I don’t know if “you” is me or the collective. I don’t recall many posters saying to play Streveler because he’s “tougher” than Nichols. People said play him because he’s a much better athlete and can make things happen running. That’s where he’s better than Nichols. Both are tough. QB’s are the toughest players on any football team without question.
-
Osh is a Legend
I believe you. You were there. But when it happened he basically couldn’t put weight on his leg. That’s not a shake it off thing. It’s not like it was half time in the Grey Cup. There were a few minutes left in a game we were likely losing. Let McGuire finish, tell Streveler thank you, and let’s get you healthy for next week
-
Osh is a Legend
And “a little nicked up” is really downplaying what everyone watching the game saw. For a guy who’s a player’s coach doesn’t exactly speak volumes that he’s considering their overall health
-
Osh is a Legend
Interesting. Thanks for the first hand account. Streveler obviously is a great competitor who would keep playing through anything. But a coach has to think of the overall welfare of the team and the player. Streveler could have been hurt further. Plus, is a significantly injured Streveler better than a healthy McGuire?
-
Osh is a Legend
According to Ted Wyman form the Sun. Most of the beat writers said Streveler was really limping. It’s borderline negligence by O’Shea. Here's #Bombers coach Mike O'Shea on decision to send a clearly banged-up quarterback Chris Streveler back into the game for a couple of offensive series at the end of 37-33 loss to Stampeders on Saturday. #CFL
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
I have no idea what this means. Enjoy your evening
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
Ha! Okay. Like it or not football has moved to no headshots. So you’re dumb as a coach to challenge a clear headshot, whatever the intent was
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
Streveler can barely walk on the sidelines. How do you put him back in as head coach?
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
Okay. Guess the CFL officials and I can all give a big shake
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
Streveler?! He’s being held together by tape
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
Has O’Shea ever won a challenge? Helmet to helmet on a QB? Give your head a shake!
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
Kind of joking but hoping
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
You never win those kind of challenges. Waste of a challenge
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
Zach Collaros come back story starting next week to the Grey Cup? Who’s with me?
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
He can throw
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
BLM is very good. Obvious. We need a new OC but football is much easier with an elite QB. We haven’t had one in forever
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
On a positive note we’re hanging with the best team in the league
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
He’s one of the toughest players I’ve ever seen. Such a competitor. Not sure taking that many hits is sustainable though
-
Bombers acquire Zach Collaros
Good reminders that it is normal for a QB to take some time to develop in pro football. And I am in the camp that I think Steveler could be a good starting CFL QB. That said, if I'm Kyle Walters, I'd still consider multiple options next year at QB. Unless we go a run in the playoffs and win the Grey Cup, there's no way I'd sit back and just say we're going with Nichols or Streveler. Any and all options - Masoli, Evans, unknown QB, Sean (jerry) McGuire ... I'd take the position if we're one and done in the playoffs that the QB job is basically open.
-
Bombers acquire Zach Collaros
I like Streveler, and think he has a chance to be a good starting CFL QB. He's not there yet, but, he's young and inexperienced. I've heard the intelligent thing too about him. That can mean a few different things for a QB. In part, it's how well you understand offenses and defenses in the QB and film room. But there's also the on field intelligence - how well do you take that knowledge and apply it on the field when things go to crap. Do you have pocket presence, vision, ability to make quick decisions. That's the key. If you're great in the film room but can't execute on field, you become a valuable back up QB. All that to say, I hope Streveler develops that type of on field intelligence. Right now, he's struggling with that, which is one reason why he's throwing untimely interceptions, and missing wide open receivers.
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
Finally, Lapo and O'Shea are making coaching decisions based on reading MBB.
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
But Lapo has done studies and 60% of the time that play works every time.
-
Bombers acquire Zach Collaros
I hear ya. And I agree with much of what you're saying. But, I think in today's world of pro sports, with fans having so much access to information, and so many chances to engage with the team, you're missing an opportunity as an organization if you don't try at least to give the fans a little more. Whether it's through your team website (which the Bombers do pretty well), social media, or pressers. I think O'Shea is pretty good and similar to other coaches. I just think there's a missed opportunity when everyone and their dog knows on social media that the Bombers were inquiring about QB's, and you flat out deny it. This isn't 1980 where we had to wait three days after the fact for any information to come out about anything around a team. Play ball. Get with the times. They all knew Justin Dunk and others had inside information. Go with it a bit with a "we're always trying to find players to help our team" comment. Gets the fans speculating, excited, engaged, maybe thinking about buying some tickets. Even Paul Maurice will once in a while reference some article or analytics discussion that has been posted somewhere. I enjoy that as a fan.
-
Day Before GDT: Larks @ Bombers
Yup. I totally agree with Petermann over Demski. Any opportunity the guy gets he produces. Not to side track this discussion into an O'Shea chat, but, that to me is my biggest frustration with him - loyalty to players/coaches when better options exist. Not sure what goes on in the dressing room, but, the ones I've been in coaching youth ball, every player knows when a back up should be playing over a starter. And that's disruptive.