Derek Jones Starting?

Floyd

Derek Jones getting reps with first team this week, would love to see him out there...  Thought he was a huge later round steal.

Was he playing corner last game?  I don't recall seeing him much (which is good for a DB...), was watching the DL/LB most of the time...

If he starts, any chance bombers run five import REC with Mayo?

Other practice updates from TEP (gbill)

Adams, Hurl, Corney, Johnson, Thomas injured

Bass and Briggs not practicing

McDuffie knicked too - Macho/Leggett returning - not a fan of using DBs, will need all their energy against EDM

Edited by Floyd

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Back to an all import secondary...

Randle-Fogg-Harris-Posey-CJ Roberts

So weird how DB seems to have gone from a position of strength to a big question mark.

I'm not sure that too many had complete faith in the secondary- too many newbies for that. But, yes, the situation is a bit scary right now with more than one very good receivers in the Esks' lineup.

Sigh.....Mike Reilly, Derek Walker, Adarius Bowman, Coehoorn, Getzlaf and Watson. And we have new Corner (CJ Roberts) playing, with a switch at halfback as Posey moves to field and Fogg goes to boundary. Sigh.

And John White running like a man possessed. Sigh.

Doesn't scare me at all...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Back to an all import secondary...

Randle-Fogg-Harris-Posey-CJ Roberts

So weird how DB seems to have gone from a position of strength to a big question mark.

It`s tough to gauge the true ability of the unit until Johnny Adams is back and Bruce Johnson is healthy. Johnson had a rough first two weeks so we need to see if he can bounce back or if he continues to be the weak link in the secondary.

I don`t mind having a Randle-Johnson-Harris-Posey-Adams secondary to see what we really have there. Like you and others have said, the typical cushion/bend don`t break Richie Hall defense also can factor into the perception of how our secondary is playing.

However, if BJ continues to struggle and Adams takes a few weeks to get caught up we could be in real trouble. (Unless CJ Roberts is a diamond in the rough)