Wrestling

Rich

I'd suspect Cena would be cheered by some of the fans.

The big thing with Roman was, he was boo'ed by smart fans but cheered at house shows so Vince never soured on him (just kept putting off his coronation).  But supposedly he is now being boo'ed on house shows.

I'd turn him heel.  The problem is, they have waited too long and you risk the fans screwing with him as a heel by cheering.  Because fans are savy enough to know they are being pandered to.

When in doubt, Go with Joe.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Roman's been heel for awhile now.  When is the last time he has said or done something remotely face-like?

They're trying to appease the fans but they havent really turned him.  Although WWE generally doesnt do actual face turns (heels just start working other heels), they usually do heel turns.  They've missed the boat with Roman.  Should have flipped with Brock a couple years ago with Heyman joining Roman.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'd suspect Cena would be cheered by some of the fans.

The big thing with Roman was, he was boo'ed by smart fans but cheered at house shows so Vince never soured on him (just kept putting off his coronation).  But supposedly he is now being boo'ed on house shows.

I'd turn him heel.  The problem is, they have waited too long and you risk the fans screwing with him as a heel by cheering.  Because fans are savy enough to know they are being pandered to.

When in doubt, Go with Joe.

I agree I think they missed the boat turning roman heel on raw. IMO moving him to SD would be the best move. Perhaps if you align him with the Uso's and form some sort of Samoa Syndicate  (kind of like how Jinder Mahal has the Singh brothers) it could be a best of both worlds

18 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I agree I think they missed the boat turning roman heel on raw. IMO moving him to SD would be the best move. Perhaps if you align him with the Uso's and form some sort of Samoa Syndicate  (kind of like how Jinder Mahal has the Singh brothers) it could be a best of both worlds

I said the same thing.  Roman, Joe, Usos would have been a great clique.

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I believe he is Samoan.  Polynesian.  Hawaiian.  I dont know.  He plays a Samoan.   But he's not part of the Samoan wrestling family (some of whom arent related to each other by blood anyway but consider themselves to be part of the same family).

It was joke Heyman has been saying it for weeks.

I couldn't see Joe and Roman co-existing in a clique anyhow. Last week (or maybe the week before) after Heyman had previously called Joe a dog to other "real" samoans, Roman echoed the sentiment saying he'll always be "Just Joe" to him before they ended up wrestling that night.

As for Joe vs Lesnar. I think they give Joe the belt, even if it's not long lived. On Lesnar's schedule it just sucks too much balls not to have the champ present week to week. I believe TUP when he said there's only room for 1 fat guy being pushed, and now that Owens is on SD, no reason why they need to stop with Joe.  Joe can then lose it to Strowman, Strowman loses it to Lesnar,  Lesnar loses it to Reigns and then we all realize it's 2018 

ive been catching what I assume is old TNA shows here and there lately. I was watching a hardcore match with Raven and Abyss fighting with thumb tacks everywhere.  IMHO there could still be a big market for that ECW type stuff. If WWE doesn't want to go down that road any more and with ECW now defunct, it would be as good of time as ever for a company to run with that style again. I think fans of the old ECW would appreciate it too vs the candy coated crap fed to us by WWE on the norm

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Theres some irony or whatever the word is in this... As both the WWE and IWGP US Champs are Canadians... And why stop there... They are both KO. 

Im kind of surprised Kenny won the title but once he got put in the tournament it sort of had to happen.  And its interesting because Kenny doesnt travel to other promotions as much as some guys which is something I'd figure they'd want their US champion to do, especially in the US.  Although I suspect this means he will be working ROH a lot moving forward.

It kind of feels like a step back but it fits New Japan booking some what.  And its historic (if the US title ends up meaning something).

Cody Rhodes losing to Okada when he just won the ROH title is interesting too.  It means ROH *chose* to put the belt on him knowing he'd lose.  So they valued the pub over not having their champion lose.  And I think it was the right call. 

Its possible they do a Cody/Kenny feud in ROH.  If Kenny is ROH full time (outside of New Japan) it would not surprise me to see them get that title on him ASAP.  There was heat between Kenny and ROH in the past but he's a much bigger star now than anyone in ROH so he will be calling his own shots.