Wrestling

Rich

Probably when crowds are back.  That’s the best time to debut them. But for sure they’ll end up there.  One of the revival was about to expire anyway. The other had his contract extended due to injury. But reportedly neither was being paid by wwe since they already made their downside guarantee for the year.   Probably not a coincidence that wwe releases then now 

Interesting.  UFC was told to cancel live shows.  Well wwe was planning to take several weeks of RAW &SD but Vince abruptly changed his mind today after they taped SD.  

He wants to air raw and SD as close to live as possible as long as possible.   Speculation being that it’s in the network contracts that they can only air X amount of taped shows.  So If they aired more than that, USA or FOX could hold back money or use it as a breach and re-negotiate.  

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Interesting.  UFC was told to cancel live shows.  Well wwe was planning to take several weeks of RAW &SD but Vince abruptly changed his mind today after they taped SD.  

He wants to air raw and SD as close to live as possible as long as possible.   Speculation being that it’s in the network contracts that they can only air X amount of taped shows.  So If they aired more than that, USA or FOX could hold back money or use it as a breach and re-negotiate.  

Wasn't a Good Friday for Vince. The WWE must be hemorrhaging money right now. No wonder he shut down the XFL. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wasn't a Good Friday for Vince. The WWE must be hemorrhaging money right now. No wonder he shut down the XFL. 

That’s certainly a possibility.  They’re good as long as the tv deals remain. $2 billion over five years.   But Vince sold a lot of stock.  And fired his two presidents.  Not a good look.  No house shows isn’t even that bad for wwe as they lost money on house shows. 

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well one big question is how they’re even allowed to operate in Florida in violation of the gathering rules. Only essential businesses are allowed to be open.  Someone’s palms were greased. 

If California, Arizona and Texas can declare gun shops as essential services, then why not these?

Absolutely absurd.  It really is who you know.  

from wrestlingobserver

At a press conference today, Orange County (Florida) mayor Jerry Demings was asked how WWE is still able to run shows despite the state's stay-at-home order.

"I think initially there was a review that was done and they were not initially deemed an essential business. With some conversation with the governor's office regarding the governor's order, they were deemed an essential business. And so therefore, they were allowed to remain open," Demings said.

Demings said that -- because of HIPAA laws --  he doesn't know the specifics associated with the person in WWE who tested positive for COVID-19. “But that’s like a little family," Demings said. "A small family of professional athletes that wrestle. And if one of my family members tested positive in my house, that would be concerning to me. We would have to make some provisions in my house to make sure that the rest of us not get infected. So I would assume that -- from a business perspective -- the WWE is doing that type of analysis of its own family.”

The person in WWE who tested positive for COVID-19 is an on-air talent but not a member of the in-ring roster. Over the weekend, WWE issued a statement about the positive test: "A WWE employee has tested positive for COVID-19. We believe this matter is low risk to WWE talent and staff, as the individual and a roommate became symptomatic in the days following exposure to two people working in acute health care on the evening of March 26, after WWE’s TV production on a closed set was already complete. The employee had no contact with anyone from WWE since being exposed to those two individuals, is doing well, and made a complete recovery.”

WWE is resuming live television broadcasts from the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida starting with tonight's Raw.

WWE is cutting salaries to employees.  And releasing talent or putting talent on furlough.  They want to save $4 million a month.  And also, while announcing this, bragged about having half a billion in cash reserves.

Feel bad for a lot of wrestlers about to be unemployed with zero options.

EDIT: It begins:

Gallows.  Heath Slater.  Eric Young.  Shane Helms.  Lance Storm.  Finlay.  Mike Rotunda.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

WWE Producers Billy Kidman, Mike Rotunda, Dave Finlay, Pat Buck, Shawn Daivari,Scott Armstrong, Sarah Stock, Shane Helms and Lance Storm.  Aiden English.  Kurt Angle.  Colons.  Rowen,  Ryder.

Rusev.  Deonna Purrazzo.  Aleksandar Jaksic 

Sarah is from Winnipeg.  Only heard good things about her in WWE (she was a total pro and totally great person, great talent when she worked here in Winnipeg with us.)

Edited by The Unknown Poster

On 2020-04-13 at 7:52 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Absolutely absurd.  It really is who you know.  

from wrestlingobserver

At a press conference today, Orange County (Florida) mayor Jerry Demings was asked how WWE is still able to run shows despite the state's stay-at-home order.

"I think initially there was a review that was done and they were not initially deemed an essential business. With some conversation with the governor's office regarding the governor's order, they were deemed an essential business. And so therefore, they were allowed to remain open," Demings said.

Demings said that -- because of HIPAA laws --  he doesn't know the specifics associated with the person in WWE who tested positive for COVID-19. “But that’s like a little family," Demings said. "A small family of professional athletes that wrestle. And if one of my family members tested positive in my house, that would be concerning to me. We would have to make some provisions in my house to make sure that the rest of us not get infected. So I would assume that -- from a business perspective -- the WWE is doing that type of analysis of its own family.”

The person in WWE who tested positive for COVID-19 is an on-air talent but not a member of the in-ring roster. Over the weekend, WWE issued a statement about the positive test: "A WWE employee has tested positive for COVID-19. We believe this matter is low risk to WWE talent and staff, as the individual and a roommate became symptomatic in the days following exposure to two people working in acute health care on the evening of March 26, after WWE’s TV production on a closed set was already complete. The employee had no contact with anyone from WWE since being exposed to those two individuals, is doing well, and made a complete recovery.”

WWE is resuming live television broadcasts from the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida starting with tonight's Raw.

sketchy AF

https://www.yardbarker.com/wwe/articles/linda_mcmahons_super_pac_announced_spending_in_florida_same_day_wwe_cleared_to_resume_shows/s1_127_31773179