Random News Items

Rich

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Things heating up in the Ukraine/Russia standoff.

France 24

MARIUPOL (UKRAINE) (AFP) - 

Seagulls whirl over the docks of Ukraine's port of Mariupol on the Sea of Azov as huge cranes once used to unload ships' cargoes stand idle.

The uncharacteristic quiet is the product of rising tensions in the small sea, the waters of which Russia and Ukraine agreed to share more than a decade ago, but is now the latest theatre in the bitter conflict between the two nations.

Russia's annexation of the Crimean peninsula from Ukraine in 2014 means ships must now pass through a narrow strait bordered by Russian-controlled territory on both sides, while Kremlin-backed rebel regions of eastern Ukraine are uncomfortably close to Mariupol.

In a growing crisis, Kiev and the West accuse Russia of deliberately blocking ships from entering the sea.

"The whole time I've worked here, I've never seen anything like it," said Sergiy Kostyrko, a tanned foreman who has worked at the Mariupol docks for 23 years. "Ships have become very rare visitors to our port."

today.....

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-navy-says-its-artillery-ship-was-hit-russian-fire-1230317

Let's see who Trump sides with here.  

To be fair, Obama not help Ukraine either when this all started with the removal of the Ukraine pres.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

To be fair, Obama not help Ukraine either when this all started with the removal of the Ukraine pres.

Americans have been screwing around with the Ukraine for a while now. remember the "colour revolution"?

Ukraine, was in the Russian sphere of influence, and economics.

Americans wanted Ukraine away from Russia, and into Europe.

Obama/Clinton was part of that.

Anyone see this viral video from a local loser?  I dont even want to post the tweet cause it's vile.  Local rapper gets denied entry into a Winnipeg bar for using a homophobic slur, proceeds to do a live stream ranting about how much he hates gays and they should all be locked up.  He released an awful apology today which includes him saying he respects gay people's "choices".

Anyway, in another local connection, he works for BellMTS Place.  Probably not for long, although I dont see a statement issued by them.

23 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

This will be very nice to help offset how busy the other locations are in town.        What I've heard from someone mildly connected is that after this location the next one will be North McPhillips and following that is Sage Creek.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

This will be very nice to help offset how busy the other locations are in town.        What I've heard from someone mildly connected is that after this location the next one will be North McPhillips and following that is Sage Creek.

is Costco cool enough for Sage Creek residents?  Especially if they're the last area to get one? lol

19 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The need for more costco could be lessened if they added Scan n Go like Sams Club.

28 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The North McPhillips will replace the St James location is what I've heard. 

10 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

This is potentially explosive for Trump, Bill Clinton, Alan Dershowitz, Prince Andrew, Ken Starr and Trump's current Secretary of Labour, Alexander Acosta:  Jeffrey Epstein is finally going to get the scrutiny he avoided.  Great reporting.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

"The eccentric hedge fund manager, whose friends included former President Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Prince Andrew..."

Potentially but probably not. Clinton and Andrew are just passing mentions especially Clinton who is only mentioned due to Starr.

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

"The eccentric hedge fund manager, whose friends included former President Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Prince Andrew..."

Potentially but probably not. Clinton and Andrew are just passing mentions especially Clinton who is only mentioned due to Starr.

I think Clinton was a close friend of Epstein's.  

Its clear Epstein got an absurdly sweet deal that might actually have been illegal.  The question is why?  It doesnt appear he provided anything of substance (he testified against some other financial guys but that appears unconnected).  The suspcion is, everyone wanted the case to go away because of who his "clients" were....If Trump, Clinton and Andrew were all charged with raping a child...thats bad.  But if true, it should obviously happen.

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its never come out, as far as I can tell, that Trump or Clinton slept with any of the girls but they were both friends with Epstein and visited him and flew on his private jet.  One of the girls, has said she slept with Prince Andrew and Dershowitz though.

As far as Trump goes, the Katie Johnson (13-year old) story hangs like a cloud.  Note that Snopes neither proves or disproves the allegation.  https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/06/23/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit/

7 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

As far as Trump goes, the Katie Johnson (13-year old) story hangs like a cloud.  Note that Snopes neither proves or disproves the allegation.  https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/06/23/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit/

You're totally right.  I knew of the case but didnt realise it stemmed from Epstein.  The victim tells the same story as all of Epstein's victims, that she was recruited inder the guise of modelling.  She claims Trump raped her and threatened her.  There was a second person who swore to the validity of her account as a witness.  And there was a third girl who the original victim says Trump referenced as having disappeared after an assault by Trump ("Katie Johnson" witnessed her being abused by Trump).

Foul play, obviously.

CBC article: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-homicide-investigation-winnipeg-1.4925450

She was involved physical altercation and was forcibly removed from the city's Valley Gardens area, according to police. Investigators said Thursday they believe the suspect was familiar with the area and may live, work or is somehow connected with the area and had reason to be there.

I'm sure some in the family were still holding out hope but I hope finding her remains provides some sense of closure. Now they'll have to endure the criminal investigation, which undoubtedly include investigating them.  

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

Foul play, obviously.

CBC article: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-homicide-investigation-winnipeg-1.4925450

She was involved physical altercation and was forcibly removed from the city's Valley Gardens area, according to police. Investigators said Thursday they believe the suspect was familiar with the area and may live, work or is somehow connected with the area and had reason to be there.

I'm sure some in the family were still holding out hope but I hope finding her remains provides some sense of closure. Now they'll have to endure the criminal investigation, which undoubtedly include investigating them.  

It seemed really unusual from day one.  Why would a stranger attack, kill and transport her away?  It would have had to be totally random since she was just out for a walk.  Even a mugging gone wrong, when does the victim get transported away?