Game 63 : Islanders @ Executive Decision

We've had bad faceoffs before, but that was ridiculous. What a shitty way to lose a very entertaining game.

Good hustle tonight - Stafford, Lowry and Burmistrov. Myers. 122 shots on goal, no, not tonight - for the season. Career high 124.

And Scheifele? A force to be reckoned with last night. 2 goals, 5 shots on net and most ice time by a Jets forward.

Burmistrov had the 3rd highest ice time for forward, even after that slash (Clutterbuck got away with a slicing slash to Burmistrov's...back, or back of the legs? - "The Isles and Cal dodged a bullet."   http://www.lighthousehockey.com/game-recaps

Wheeler is fast. Ehlers is fast and quick..and is going to be really good. Dano-boy is hit, hit, hitting...(7 hits)

Thought the forwards looked good. The usual suspects.

17 shots were blocked by the Islanders

I like the new penalty killing system. (Islanders 0-4) "the PK system is evolving" 

Ha, good one Hutch. (Breakout pass on a line change)

Enstrom, +15 - highest on the Jets. (Before the game) Tied with 6 other defence men @ +15. Only 7 D-men have better plus/minus numbers than this group.

Leddy made one of the softest plays I've ever seen during the shift where Peluso got hurt. The puck was along the boards and he was right in front of it. He looked over his shoulder, saw Thorburn coming, and did some weird spin move to get out of the way and give Thorburn the puck. He's a pretty good player, but I thought that was brutal.

Sometimes its not just the pain, it's the sudden fear of injury.  I used to work at a window making company and I remember cutting myself all the time.  One day, a piece of glass slid across my hand and it *felt* like it cut me to the bone.  It instantly recoiled and in such a manner that it drew attention and I was actually momentarily frozen and didnt want to look.  Turns out, it was a tiny scratch.  I had been cut way worse before and since. 

You see that sometimes with hockey players where they get a skate blade across their arm or leg...they immediately think the worst but it ends up being fine.  I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

29 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sometimes its not just the pain, it's the sudden fear of injury.  I used to work at a window making company and I remember cutting myself all the time.  One day, a piece of glass slid across my hand and it *felt* like it cut me to the bone.  It instantly recoiled and in such a manner that it drew attention and I was actually momentarily frozen and didnt want to look.  Turns out, it was a tiny scratch.  I had been cut way worse before and since. 

You see that sometimes with hockey players where they get a skate blade across their arm or leg...they immediately think the worst but it ends up being fine.  I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

I understand your point with a cut, not so much with a slash. In my experience playing/watching hockey, the first strong reaction to a slash is anger, not fear that you're critically injured. When a guy's a known diver, I tend not to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Agree to disagree I suppose.

I'd imagine status quo for a bit. Lipon was the only one recalled. 

Perreault - Scheif - Wheeler

Armia- Burmi- stafford

Thorburn- Lowry- Dano

Halischuk- Copp- Lipon 

Although knowing Maurice could see Armia and Thorburn switching spots. 

As a Wheaties fan it was nice to see Ryan Pulock play an NHL game in his home province and his 3rd NHL game ever.  First of many I hope.  

And just a reminder for the Hamonic trade/not trade discussions, the cap hit for Hamonic is just under 4M while guys like Myers and Enstrom are over 5M.  If the trade ends up being one of them for Hamonic, whatever you thought of Hamonic's game thursday night (off night or not, I thought he played fine) his ability combined with his term and $$$ would make him a very welcome addition to our blueline.  Even if it meant losing one of Myers or Enstrom.  Or even Trouba (although I think a Trouba/Hamonic pairing would be fantastic for the Jets).