CFL In St. Louis?

Guest J5V

2 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

We should just have a North American currency and that way all money is even steven.

Or a means of converting currencies back and forth.

Exchanging them.

An "exchange rate", if you will...

Nah, that's just too crazy to work.  CAN'T BE DONE!!!!!

Huh?  Who's lawn am I on?  Better get off it...

23 hours ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Saskbluefan is exactly right about Saskatoon. The Riders are by far the most popular team in that city. Everywhere you go, you see fans wearing gear. There's Rider merchandise everywhere. You always hear about that team there. I remember coming home from a friend's house after watching the Grey Cup in 2007, and there were even cars honking their horns. They're rabid.

You're not allowed to talk about that game on this site... ;)

On February 22, 2016 at 1:00 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

The NHL didnt yank the Jets out of Winnipeg just to fill a spot somewhere else.  if the Jets were a successful franchise with an arena and ownership, then I'd agree.  But they werent.  No one wanted to own the Jets.  A better comparison is the Jets to the Thrashers.  The Jets had fans but no owner or arena.  The Thrashers had an arena but no fans or owners.  You need three (or close to it) to succeed in the NHL.  Bettman has been consistent on this and, emotions aside, he's correct.

The fact is, to build an arena in Winnipeg required at least two seasons of heavy losses and no one wanted to own the team under those conditions.  It was sell/relocate or fold.

And yet Bettman has done everything to keep some teams that don't have all three in the league. The Jets failed because the team and arena were crappy and that kept the fans away. Now they have a crappy team with fans and a slightly better facility, though far inferior to almost all other teams. 

US expansion would fare no better this time around than last time because all of the same issues are present and cannot be overcome.

On February 25, 2016 at 7:27 PM, iso_55 said:

You tell me how to tell the US government that 7 football players & backups HAVE TO BE CANADIAN when it's illegal in the US? You tell me how the Canadian teams compete for players against a US team with a 30% advantage when it comes to our dollar? And all our top players sign with them. Please explain. how it can be done.

Um where do you get 30% as an exchange rate? It is closer to 42% right now. Exchange rates are always larger than the actual dollar values.