One Year Later

Ducky

A year after the trade...let's take a look at it to see how things have settled.

Kane, Bogosian and Kasdorf for Myers, Stafford, Lemieux and a 1st round that was Roslovic at 25th overall.

Roslovic is playing for Miami University in Ohio and is their leading scorer with 21 points in 27 games. Shoots right and has a lot of offensive upside.

Lemieux has been traded part way through the year from Barrie to Windsor and has 45 points in 32 games. He was suspended for an illegal hit earlier in the season and plays with an edge. Will probably play for the Jets before the 2016-2017 season is over.

Armia has played over 20 games with the Jets now and is playing defensively sound hockey. This has given the coach to play him in more situations. Rarely caught out of position. Destined to play on the 2nd line if he keeps it up.

Myers has played 78 games and has scored 34 points. He played a big part in the Jets making the playoffs last year. He is mainly paired with Enstrom and sees time on special teams as well. He has a 5.5m caphit and he is signed for 3 more seasons after this one. His actual salary is 5m this year and 4m, 3.5m, 3m for the last three seasons. Plays in all situations but should be much more aggressive, especially for his size.

Stafford re-signed for 4.35m per year for two years and has played 75 games while scoring 47 points. A big winger that can score and has also seen time on special teams and was also a big part of the Jets making the playoffs last year. He ahs played all over the lineup this year andhas played well wherever he was put.

Kane has 21 points in 44 games and has recently been on the 3rd line with Gionta and Larsson. Off ice issues continue to plague him in Buffalo. When healthy, he is a good, hard hitting power forward but it seems he will never reach the potential of a consistent 30 scorer that most thought he would develop into.

Bogosian has played 58 games and has 15 points. He is a -25 in those 58 games. Mainly considered close to a bust in Buffalo and rumored to be on the trade market. Played very well and got lots of ice time at first but injuries have stalled him and they are not pleased with imm in Buffalo.

Kasdorf plays for the and has a record of 8-8-4 with a GAA of 2.15and a sv% of .934. He is 23 and it might be a reach to say he will make the big club any time soon.

After one year I would have to say that the trade seems to favor the Jets. Mainly because of the play of the players they traded away. Staf has a higher ppg that Kane and Myers is a better D man than Bogo. Chances are Kasdorf doesn't making starting goalie on the farm and Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic all make the big team. Way to go Chevy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt. This trade is looking more and more lopsided for the JETS but... lots can change, Gotta factor in the ages of Stafford and Kane for example, yeah I think Kane will never ever EVER be more than what he currently is but... he still has room to grow, he probably won't but if he ever does become that 30 goal scorer....

Myers for Bogo let's say..... Let's just say we won that one big time and it's not even close

What really puts this over the top for the JETS tho is... Armia,Lemieux,Roslovic

Armia might be better than KANE is one day...soon. He might be as good as Kane is already.... not the same type of player but seems to be getting better every game, that's what you want to see from a young player... has no off ice issues either. Lemieux is gonna surprise some people, he's a good player and will be a very good player for the Jets. He might be better than Kane also, yeah people will crap on him but the guy has a knack for scoring goals. He's gonna be like Buff on the PP, stand in front of the net and cause havoc for opposing goaltenders. Count on it. Lemieux ... a guy that we will all love one day, a guy that other teams will hate. 

Roslovic is still young, he's playing well his freshman season... he's got a ways to go tho b4 he is in Winnipeg with the Moose or Jets tho.

Jets win this trade now and in the future if Armia continues to develop and if Lemieux becomes the player I'm pretty sure he will be... Man, Jets are laughing their asses off. 

Stafford will probably be flipped for a pick or prospect next season and Myers, who knows, might be traded also so this deal might not yet be fully completed for a year or 2 still. We will see what the future holds with Myers and Stafford, I feel they will both be moved at some point. 

Edited by Goalie

Patience grasshopper...
Guy Lafleur wasn't built in a day.

I'd love to see Myers moved for Hamonic but with such a salary friendly contract, the Jets want to hold on to him. Maybe when they take the cap hit more importantly than the salary. Not many players will like the treatment they would be getting in our zone from Buff, Hamonic, Trouba etc... This is what McKenzie said today "The sense I’m getting from teams that would like to trade for Hamonic is that New York Islander general manager Garth Snow would really rather prefer to put this whole thing off until the summer." This is better suited to the Jets as they will kow where they stand in the draft and will have dealt with Ladd.

Methinks the RFAs re-sign close to TC this fall, especially Trouba.

Ya, I think the earliest we see Roslovic on the Jets is the 2018-2019 season or late in the season before. I expect Connor to make the Moose next year if not the Jets. Would absolutely love it if they didn't give them a choice but to keep him after this year's TC.

Stafford is an interesting discussion point.  Jets perspective is probably yes because we got to re-sign him.  Buffalo is probably no because he was going to be gone anyway.

From a Buffalo stand point they would probably have to consider the futures (pick + prospect) they could of got if Stafford wasn't included in the deal, and they still could have traded him.  And that is really hard to measure.

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

As it stands, the Jets remain winners of this trade, IMO. That could obviously change with time but that remains to be seen.

Accepting that Myers is better than Bogo, the only way Buffalo could ever win this would be if Kasdorf becomes a #1 elite goalie which seems unlikely or if Kane ends up better than the combination of Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic.  Its possible that each of those guys will end up better than Kane by themselves, let alone all three.

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Accepting that Myers is better than Bogo, the only way Buffalo could ever win this would be if Kasdorf becomes a #1 elite goalie which seems unlikely or if Kane ends up better than the combination of Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic.  Its possible that each of those guys will end up better than Kane by themselves, let alone all three.

I couldn't agree more. To be honest, I can't see the tables turning on this trade. Kane still has potential, although I never see him becoming the offensive weapon he was projected to be. Bogosian has not panned out, either, and I doubt he will.

Perhaps both teams won this trade from their respective organization's standpoints.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Keep in mind by doing this trade it also helps buffalo get Eichel in a way 

And that is probably the only way this deal happened.  Once Kane went down with an injury that ended the trade market for a lot of teams but it made it better for Buffalo who didnt want to get better.  I dont think Buffalo makes that trade if Kane was healthy.  And then they would have wanted to trade Myers and Stafford anyway so its entirely possible Buffalo doesnt have what the Jets want in the off-season and Kane doesnt get traded until then.  And thus, the whole thing is different.

Keep in mind also, that Lemieux wanted out of Buffalo.

Assessing a trade is a continuously on-going battle... generally we will be skewed to believe we won the trade... that being said, the addition by subtraction of getting rid of Kane alone makes this an excellent trade... the only way I see it turning in Buffalo's favour is if Kane starts to become a 40 goal scorer... and even in that case, still hard to say we didn't benefit greatly by getting rid of him b/c he was never going to reach that potential here...