Game 48 : BeDevils @ Jets

Closer to the bottom than making the playoffs i don't want to be that team that misses the playoffs bye a couple of points i would rather pick top five than 8-11 in the draft. If you can't make the playoffs and this team doesn't look like it will you might as well finish as close to the bottom as possible. 

I agree that Lemieux has a better chance of hitting his potential but I'd wrap up either one of them in a trade if it were worth it.

Maurice mentioned the other day that Copp will eventually push his way onto the 3rd line be it at C or LW. If Lowry is on the 3rd line, that only leaves a RW and Lemieux plays LW. He is better suited for the 4th line and 10-12 minutes a game.

Last season was an aberration that raised expectations unreasonably.  Look how bad edmonton was for so long. Still is. Buffalo same thing.  Pens drafted Crosby, Malkin, letang, Staal, fleury before they began turning it around and we're best in the opening round of their first playoffs. 

We see big name players like wheeler,ladd, little, buff and we want to be better right now. But having those players and playing those salaries is why we made the playoffs last season. That was fun. But not realistic. 

Mad are a rebuilding team that happens to have some solid assets. The best thing that could happen now is to get a top three draft pick. 

This team is not ready for the playoffs let alone a long playoff run, Chevy's got some important decisions to make on which way this team goes forward. Does he become a seller at the deadline this team is 9 pts. back and losing ground every week hoping the team drops into a bottom five position, does he give Buff and Ladd contracts that he will regret in a few years if not sooner in Ladds case. It will be a interesting few weeks to see if Chevy trades before or at the deadline, does he risk injuries to expiring contracts and getting nothing or does he make calls and take what he can now. I agree with TUP if Chevy handles this right it could be the best thing that could happen to the Jets long term.