Game 45. Jets at Wild

Goalie

Maurice says Buff will play.

Won't say which goalie.

Said he liked the intensity level and that "emotional commitment".

If the Jets turn the tide and make the playoffs, will people look at that comment as the turning point?

Says Ehlers' last two games are his best this year.

He's liked Armia's game and when a guy is playing like that you would like to give him more time but when the line is playing well you hate to break it up.

I'd play Helle.

I like what Ehlers and Armia are showing tonight. Armia on the PP was very patient with the pick and also with 2 minutes to go in the 2nd, he let a boomer go that  Dubnyk stopped. Lots of get up and go for a team that played last night. I hope it holds out for the third.

Buff is playing hurt.

The fact that Helle is starting is pretty telling. I thought he was going to start him. Maurice has lost confidence in Hutch an dI don't blame him. Hutch to the farm or traded as soon as Pavs comes back from his conditioning stint.

Boring to watch but that's what you want on road games. Helle strong. Really liked ehlers Perreault Armia line. 

Trouba and buff with a good game. 

Really like Halischuk. All effort out there. He should have a perm spot on the 4th line. Minny is last  years Chicago for the Jets. 

Wow. Got to love that effort. Strong, smart performance backed by great goaltending. 

Jets outhit Minne 26-18 and forced more giveaways 9-2.

D-men ice times - Byfuglien 27:46, Myers 24:25 Troba 23:52

But what I loved was the possession game by the young guys. Guys like Ehlers, Armia, Burmistrov and the older young guy, Perrault. When they had the puck they played and passed and kept control. They simply wore Minnesota down. 

I can't think of anybody who didn't perform like Wheeler wants them to.

A solid road game.

I thought it was the best game I have seen Ladd play this season. He had some jump tonight.

The APE line looked good.

The bottom two lines were a mishmash of D men and Moose players and 4th liners that got the job done. Pardy has 2 shots on goal as a winger!!!!! When was the last time he played a game?

I'm not sure I would call this game boring. the 2nd period was a lot of fun to watch and the last 3 minutes of the game had me on the edge of my seat.

After Pavs is back from the Moose, Hutch is gone.

For sure it's more than Buff.

Look at the size of some of these guys. Guys like Stuart, Ladd, Lowry and even Chiarot will lay you out if given the chance and finish their checks. Ladd, especially, is one tough hombre. Even Perreault plays like he is 6' 3"...

Stu and Ladd have that nastiness to them, Buff too.

and who can forget this?

For sure it's more than Buff.

Look at the size of some of these guys. Guys like Stuart,

Stuart is extremely strong, and just doesn't move when players run into him... a lot like buff, they tend to just stop dead and bounce straight back to where they came from...

seems to be able to knock guys down with just a small push... must take karate or boxing or something.

he definitely got away with one last night, pummeling a guy on the ground behind the jets goal....

Edited by Mark F