Game 42: Kane vs Jets Fans

Goalie

They need more players that will drive to the blue paint, instead what we have is a lot of perimeter play, cute stick handling and shots with no one in front of the net, but what really bothers me is the passing on this team. The passes are either in the skates or on the wrong side  of where they should be which slows plays from taking shape, really is evident on the pp. 

Chychrun would be a nice add.

We need LHD help now though.

Stuart can't cut the mustard and until very recently,neither can Chiarot.

Ladd stands in front of the net and picks up garbage goals or at least he has in the past.

That's a really good Q about 1LW, too. Connor is on the way but he won't even be a rookie for a while.

Staf is our 1LW and he should be our 2RW...

I've been saying it since late November, the Jets aren't going to see the post-season this year.

It sure would be nice to get a really high pick this year. Matthews would be ideal but there are 3 or 4 other players that are going to be stars.

Bottom 6?

Keep Armia, Copp, Ehlers, Lowry and hope Lemieux makes the team next year. I know Thorburn will be there because he is signed for another season!  Maybe Petan and Lipon will be ready? Not so much today's game but I have liked Ladd, Lowry, Burmi as of late.

Elite players are not going to come here via free agency or trade so the only real option is to get a top 3 pick and hope he blossoms into  a superstar. This upcoming draft weakens out early so a top 3 pick is essential, trading Buff and Ladd should help us get there.Not a playoff contender winning one losing two. Playoff teams made winning runs not losing streaks. Todays game proves that while we have some good players we have no finishers and unfortunately it looks like Buffalo has a younger and better core, we have a long way to go.

I'm not quite as doom and gloom... still say we win with Scheifele in the lineup - still need one more top 6 winger, Ladd-Lowry-Burmistrov should be our permanent third line

Having two LHD on the third pairing is tough but Chiarot has looked better lately, Feels like Ehlers is losing confidence, Face-offs were brutal - but still they hit a hot goalie

Don't mind our lines... just need someone to crash the net - someone like Buff...

What's wrong with Wheeler, Ladd, Thorbs, Lowry, etc...?

They can't "crash" the net?

I agree with the fact we need some players in front of the net and getting some traffic in front of them.

I saw a comparison of where shots were taken from by Ladd and Ehlers and they were at the same amount of shots apiece. Ehlers' were almost all perimeter shots and a big majority of Ladd's came from within 10 feet of the goal line.

31 minutes ago, Ducky said:

What's wrong with Wheeler, Ladd, Thorbs, Lowry, etc...?

They can't "crash" the net?

I agree with the fact we need some players in front of the net and getting some traffic in front of them.

I saw a comparison of where shots were taken from by Ladd and Ehlers and they were at the same amount of shots apiece. Ehlers' were almost all perimeter shots and a big majority of Ladd's came from within 10 feet of the goal line.

I think Lowry does crash the net, Ladd not as much as he used to and no we don't want Wheeler parked in front, he's our fastest guy.  Thorburn, well, that's kind of the problem... he should be a fourth liner.

Would like to see Armia get a shot on Scheif's line - Ehlers is not a good match there, already have Perrault.  Would be good to see if Armia is wiling to get in the crease

When you lose to a bottom feeder like the Sabres you know things have hit rock bottom...Especially in your own building AND they have a guy playing for them that we dumped...What does it say?...This team is not good enough and has a long way to go to be really competitive...I think Jets fans expected a little more on their return not this...IF they keep playing this type of hockey somethings got to give...Major trade...coach firing...gm firing?...I don't see the owners letting this thing slide much longer...How many times do you get hit in the head with a bucket of crap before someone opens their eyes...We shall see.

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

I think Lowry does crash the net, Ladd not as much as he used to and no we don't want Wheeler parked in front, he's our fastest guy.  Thorburn, well, that's kind of the problem... he should be a fourth liner.

Would like to see Armia get a shot on Scheif's line - Ehlers is not a good match there, already have Perreault.  Would be good to see if Armia is wiling to get in the crease

Armia is traveling on planes, getting much larger pay checks and is in the big leagues, I am betting he is willing to do just about anyting he is asked to do. If MP is out, who is Maurice going to put in his slot with Ehlers playing the other wing. Maurice has stated that Scheif is back for next game.

edit* I see Scheif is out.

Edited by Ducky

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Armia is traveling on planes, getting much larger pay checks and is in the big leagues, I am betting he is willing to do just about anyting he is asked to do. If MP is out, who is Maurice going to put in his slot with Ehlers playing the other wing. Maurice has stated that Scheif is back for next game.

The knock on him was that he was a 'gritty' perimeter player...  so far, he looks pretty willing though

Problem is that if MP is out, you really only have Ladd or Thorburn to replace him on left side...  unless you try Ehlers-Schiefele-Burmistrov, but still...

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

The knock on him was that he was a 'gritty' perimeter player...  so far, he looks pretty willing though

Problem is that if MP is out, you really only have Ladd or Thorburn to replace him on left side...  unless you try Ehlers-Schiefele-Burmistrov, but still...

They're saying MP is probable now and Scheif is out 5-7 days???

The knock on Armia was his consistence, his habit of taking shifts off. I haven't seen that here once.

Sidenote.... lots of Sabres' fans calling for a hearing/suspension for that Buff hit on Reinhart?. Anyone have a link to a video for it?

16 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

is this an old pic or just recent?

Image result for dustin byfuglien gives evander kane the finger

lol

This was an old pic that was in the Free Press archives, until they decided to use it as an image in a Key of Bart video.  The photographer stated he was torn on the use of the pic, as he states Buff's middle finger was all in good fun & Hutch, Kane and Buff all laughed about it in the dressing room. afterwards.

Here's the Video