Game 29 : Blue Suede Jackets @ Jets

Helle had no chance on 3 maybe all 4. He made several huge saves especially in the third. I'm not sure that the jets deserved to win cuz cbj outplayed them badly after tge first. Not many shots for cbj but the ones they did have were grade A stuff. I'd play helle tomorrow cuz basically if hutch plays tonight we lose. As for helle will be back with the moose when pav is back.... highly doubt it. He's better than both hutch and pav. Positionally and in every other aspect. Pav and Hutch are below average nhl goalies. Helle is better than nhl average. Yup. 4 goals against but like I said had no chance on 3 if not all 4 of them. Hutch or pav play... we lose.

Pav has been the biggest problem on this team since they have been here. He has 1 or 2 good stretches during the season but sucks the rest of the time. What might happen is pav is traded or bought out in the off season.

Yup, I'll take Ws over GAA or sv% any day.

Scheif's line was a force and that line (Staf on pace for 45point season, Scheif on pace for a 54point season and MP on pace for a 63 point season!) has really turned it on lately.

Last 10 games...

Scheifele 10points

Perreault 12 points

Stafford 9 points

...now, if only the 3rd line could start producing.

Buff had 3 points and almost 25 minutes of ice time but two of CBJ's goals were scored by his checks.

Chiarot was okay.

Trouba was good and I liked his aggressiveness on the PK tonight.

Nice to see Lowry put one in and it seemed to spark him a bit.

LOTS of grade A scoring chances by the Jets in the first two periods.

This could easily have gone into OT and it shouldn't have been close.

Little is missing practices and is probably playing hurt but is still playing well.

Big game against the Hawks standings-wise next...

Helle should start in Chitown tomorrow but probably won't.

The Jets dominated the first two periods...  it just seemed like they were coasting at the end.

What I did like was Helle was struggling in the first two periods but when it came time in the 3rd when the Jets just stood around while CBJ's were skating around them in our own end... Helle made some great game saving saves.  

The last goal he had no chance at all on.  

Helle had no chance on 3 maybe all 4. He made several huge saves especially in the third. I'm not sure that the jets deserved to win cuz cbj outplayed them badly after tge first. Not many shots for cbj but the ones they did have were grade A stuff. I'd play helle tomorrow cuz basically if hutch plays tonight we lose. As for helle will be back with the moose when pav is back.... highly doubt it. He's better than both hutch and pav. Positionally and in every other aspect. Pav and Hutch are below average nhl goalies. Helle is better than nhl average. Yup. 4 goals against but like I said had no chance on 3 if not all 4 of them. Hutch or pav play... we lose.

Pav has been the biggest problem on this team since they have been here. He has 1 or 2 good stretches during the season but sucks the rest of the time. What might happen is pav is traded or bought out in the off season.

We won...  But we shouldn't have cause we arnt good?  We shouldn't win?

The season is long enough where these things more or less even themselves out.....he'll play very well in games he will lose and others he will win.

He'll play poorly in games and win.

Take the W when you get it.

He said there are things he needs to work on like "getting a piece of the puck isn't good enough in this league."

He should be working on those rebounds he lets out but like I say, you can't ask for any better than 4-0.

Who's starting tonight?

Something to consider... this isn't a normal b2b game exactly, the hawks played last night also in Nashville, most b2b's so far the team we were playing didn't play the night before. Probably plays a role in who plays and who doesn't. Wouldn't be shocked to see Helle play. Hutch hasn't won in a long time now.