Going after Hufnagel?

TrueBlue4ever

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pursue John Hufnagel to become both head coach and GM of the Bombers for next year?

• Yes
    • No

Miller might have a change of heart when the season ticket drive starts. 

Too late by then. Hey, who has suffered more? Ourselves or Cleveland Browns fans? Johnny Football is back to his partying ways now they handed the keys of the franchise to him for the rest of the year. 

You mean he's been benched.  They just announced yesterday that he's down to #3 qb after his latest bye week partying.

If you are 100% guaranteed that Huff will actually go here, then why not. It's a no-brainer, right? 

But if you cut your GM and HC and make a gamble and offer him the highest $$$ and he still end up with the other team... then you will be in a complete mess and the organization's reputation will be a lot worse than it is now.

Guessing business sense says you don't fire people until you have the replacement locked up with a deal . Hopefully even the Bombers could figure that out.

I get that. But leaks do happen especially with use of social-media.

So if I'm Walters and I hear and comfirm that the club is talking to Hufnagel then I have to decide for the best of my interest too, so bye-bye Bombers... hello Guelph, that's just easy.

TBurg, you say you would endorse a Huf or Murphy/Murphy's choice HC...yet all I can envision after about a month are posts berating the Bombers for hiring someone old and declining (Hufnagel) or too inexperienced and their lousy choice of HC (Murphy). I don't realistically believe there is a candidate that exists that would keep you from dumping on the Bombers.

TBurg, you say you would endorse a Huf or Murphy/Murphy's choice HC...yet all I can envision after about a month are posts berating the Bombers for hiring someone old and declining (Hufnagel) or too inexperienced and their lousy choice of HC (Murphy). I don't realistically believe there is a candidate that exists that would keep you from dumping on the Bombers.

Huff isn't old and declining. He's one of the best GM/HC's in the league and has been for years. Murphy would be an inexperienced at GM but he's been an assist. GM in Calgary for 8 years and has provided a ton of talent to that club along the way and to ours in his 1 year. That's way more than Walters has accomplished and for a longer period of time. Both would be better choices than what we currently have.

I so called 'dump on the Bombers' when they make bad decisions and they've made a ton of those over the last decade or so. Berry's been the only HC that they got right and I didn't 'dump' on him. In fact I was annoyed when they fired him and hired 'He who must not be named'. We've only had 1 winning season since then and it was due to a great 8 weeks early on. I'd be ecstatic if we hired people who knew what they were doing and who turned this team back into a top 3 team instead of a bottom 2 team. 

Great, please provide a list of candidates you would endorse for our next hiring process so that we can make you put your money where your mouth is. In short, I don't believe a word you are saying right now. Have been around these forums for a long, long time and I have never seen a positive post from you. I can't imagine a circumstance where you would begin.

I do agree with you about Berry though. That was a lousy decision.

Great, please provide a list of candidates you would endorse for our next hiring process so that we can make you put your money where your mouth is. In short, I don't believe a word you are saying right now. Have been around these forums for a long, long time and I have never seen a positive post from you. I can't imagine a circumstance where you would begin.

I do agree with you about Berry though. That was a lousy decision.

Go back and read the posts again. I've already given a lists of who I'd like for GM, HC, and OC.

The Westerman, Picard and Bryant signings are examples of positive posts where I agree with what the Bombers have done.

Not sure what you expect to get out of calling me a liar. If it's an argument your looking for, move on. I'm not playing.

not sure but Huffnagel might

translate as hoofnail.

hope this helps.

also, appears that The Riders are going about getting new staff by interviewing more than one candidate.

Seems like a good idea.

That's just crazy talk.  You can take your lip service elsewhere.  In this city, we only interview ONE PERSON!  We find what we want, we make sure we get it on the cheap side, and we gets it.