Edmonton @ Calgary

RagingIce

Been saying for years what a horrible coach Reed is. Today was Exhibit A.

Team pours it guts out and doesnt quit and Kavis coaches like he's happy he can say to the press "we never gave up" instead of coaching for a win.

If I were an EDM fan I'd be livid if he keeps his job.

P.S. CFL - please stop giving him jobs.

I'm astounded for several things:

Edmonton's QB protection is horrible. I believe they're using an American at guard, and he's brutal

Reilly's body must be black and blue.

Un_be_liev_able that they would leave Reilly in the game when they play again on Friday.

Reilly can play, but you have to wonder how long he can last.

What about our boy Casey Creehan? The CFL is all about recycling coaches. He never should have been a DC here let alone in Hamilton yet there he was being hired because of connections & given responsibilities he can't handle.

Hey now, Creehan was a real good linebacker coach, there's no issues with him getting the DC job in Hamilton because as a positional coach he was successful so he took the next step. He failed at that next step but that doesn't mean hiring him for it was completely ridiculous. 

What about our boy Casey Creehan? The CFL is all about recycling coaches. He never should have been a DC here let alone in Hamilton yet there he was being hired because of connections & given responsibilities he can't handle.

Hey now, Creehan was a real good linebacker coach, there's no issues with him getting the DC job in Hamilton because as a positional coach he was successful so he took the next step. He failed at that next step but that doesn't mean hiring him for it was completely ridiculous. 

Yeah, I agree.  If paying your dues as a defensive assistant for 8 years in the CFL on some really good defences isn't enough to get a shot as a defensive coordinator, then I don't know what is.  It didn't turn out great but you can't just say that a guy must have CFL defensive coordinator experience in order to get hired as a CFL DC... or else there would be no new DC's.

I was driving home from Whistler yesterday and listening to the game via the internet on my phone.  I decided to go with the Calgary feed.  I couldn't believe the low quality of the Calgary commentators.  Repeatedly, they cut down the Edmonton team and called them all kinds of names, like "pathetic" and "stupid".  I couldn't believe the lack of respect.  I laughed my ass off listening to them trying to downplay the Edmonton comeback - first Edmonton gets a TD to make it 37-13, and they were like "well that means nothing, this game is over", and then when it was 37-20 they were "well this is just about making the score respectable, but this game is completely over", and then when it suddenly became 37-27 they were still nattering on about Dickenson taking out all of his starting offensive guys to "make sure they are ready to play next week, as this game is over".  I got home to start watching the game live just as Edmonton scored their final TD so I didn't get to hear the rest of the Calgary excuse-fest.  All I have to say is - thank heavens we have Bob Irving. Calgary's radio guys suck.

Reed is just an awful head coach. They go for two (and miss) when they didn't need to. Then, when it actually would have mattered on the next TD, they don't go for two. Math fail.

I wonder who's bright idea it was...to have Kerry Joseph run to the outside on third and short? The got away with it down at the goal line...but the second time the Stamps were all over it.

It was after what he accomplished in Hamilton last year. I remember that subject came up on that other site when he was hired.

I was driving home from Whistler yesterday and listening to the game via the internet on my phone.  I decided to go with the Calgary feed.  I couldn't believe the low quality of the Calgary commentators.  Repeatedly, they cut down the Edmonton team and called them all kinds of names, like "pathetic" and "stupid".  I couldn't believe the lack of respect.  I laughed my ass off listening to them trying to downplay the Edmonton comeback - first Edmonton gets a TD to make it 37-13, and they were like "well that means nothing, this game is over", and then when it was 37-20 they were "well this is just about making the score respectable, but this game is completely over", and then when it suddenly became 37-27 they were still nattering on about Dickenson taking out all of his starting offensive guys to "make sure they are ready to play next week, as this game is over".  I got home to start watching the game live just as Edmonton scored their final TD so I didn't get to hear the rest of the Calgary excuse-fest.  All I have to say is - thank heavens we have Bob Irving. Calgary's radio guys suck.

It's the Calgary sports media in a nut shell. Everything Calgary is great everything else is laughable. It spills over to the fans and as a result Southern Alberta fans are insufferable. 

Reed is just an awful head coach. They go for two (and miss) when they didn't need to. Then, when it actually would have mattered on the next TD, they don't go for two. Math fail.

I wonder who's bright idea it was...to have Kerry Joseph run to the outside on third and short? The got away with it down at the goal line...but the second time the Stamps were all over it.

Doug Samms the soon to be former OC of the Eskimos. GM Ed Hervey was busy throwing him & Simeon Rottier under the bus this morning at a news confrerence. He said Rottier has played his last game as an Eskimo & that there'll be a new playcaller in place for Friday.

Doug Samms the soon to be former OC of the Eskimos. GM Ed Hervey was busy throwing him & Simeon Rottier under the bus this morning at a news confrerence. He said Rottier has played his last game as an Eskimo & that there'll be a new playcaller in place for Friday.

Poor teams with poor coaching have the unique ability to make good players look bad.  We should swing a trade for Rottier... doesn't sound like it would take much to get him.