Game 8: Wild@Jets

So, it is okay to cost your team points as long as you are a plus?

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Let me look it up.

Actually, no, that isn't what I said.

AND you seem to conveniently overlook that he was on the ice when the Jets scored 3 goals, one of which he assisted on. So your playoff situation would also apply there.

You're just pissed off at the timing of the penalty..which nobody here argued with.

And yes, he would have the cajones to bench him, just not at the expense of the team.

Relax...we won.

It's funny because I was going to write something about Buff having a decent game... until that really unnecessary penalty he took at the end.   It pretty much negated a solid effort purely by one bad move.     The guy was already down and out of the play... no reason for him to smack him into the boards....  

I will disagree with Stuart being bad...  I thought tonight he had a very solid 3rd period when lots of the guys on the ice were just snoozing.   

Trouba was still asleep for that first goal, all the jets were...  after that, I liked him.  The 4th goal was just bad luck and Stuart/Trouba getting wires crossed.  To me, Stuart looks like he's really lost a step in the off-season.

Ladd was decent but the worst player on his line, Little was decent but our third best centre...

Wheeler, Chiarot, Lowry would be my three stars

I liked the nickname Beyak came up with for Scheif's line, "the Leftovers".  Because Maurice had made the other lines already and didn't know what to do with these three guys, so they just got thrown together, like you do with leftovers in the fridge, suddenly you are eating spaghetti, pizza and fried chicken at the same time, and it just tastes good.  I like the name.  I hope it catches on.

I liked the nickname Beyak came up with for Scheif's line, "the Leftovers". Because Maurice had made the other lines already and didn't know what to do with these three guys, so they just got thrown together, like you do with leftovers in the fridge, suddenly you are eating spaghetti, pizza and fried chicken at the same time, and it just tastes good. I like the name. I hope it catches on.

ESP Line

If Thorbs keeps playing like this, we might see Lemieux...

Not a chance.

Just looking at the Moose roster, I forgot about JC Lipon.  He would be a good addition to that line, tough but also has some skills.  Thorbs is an anchor weighing down the two young kids.  They need more speed.

Trouba was still asleep for that first goal, all the jets were...  after that, I liked him.  The 4th goal was just bad luck and Stuart/Trouba getting wires crossed.  To me, Stuart looks like he's really lost a step in the off-season.

Ladd was decent but the worst player on his line, Little was decent but our third best centre...

Wheeler, Chiarot, Lowry would be my three stars

Trouba tried to play the puck and wasn't moving his feet and got beat, plain and simple.

Then he coughed up the puck behind his own net when he got his pocket picked....goal number two.

Staf would be a star if I had to pick. He played a very strong game and potted a couple too. So far, he's had an excellent season if you ask me.

Also, I'm not overlooking the fact he was a +3, It's just that he nearly cost us the game with his uncalled for hit.....which you seem to be overlooking. What if they score on the PP and then in OT. That gives us one point and them two instead of us 2 and them none.....could be huge consequences to that at the end of the year.