Game 8: Wild@Jets

Jets have 14 maybe 15 shots already, Ducks had 15 all game last night vs the Wild.

Wheeler sets a franchise record with his assist, 8 game streak is the new franchise record for points...

Man, the Kids tho, Scheif,Ehlers,Petan even... Man oh man

In a few years a line of

Connor,Scheif,Ehlers is gonna be so sick. 

Trouba rocks? Really? Arguably the worst game I have watched him play.....A good player but not tonight.

Buff just had a selfish, selfish penalty that cold have cost the team points. I hope Maurice says something to him.

I thought Hutch played okay and made some key saves.

Chiarot had his best game of the season so far.

LLW played well and Wheeler continues to excel.

BLS line all played well and I think Scheif's line will really start to dominate after 40 or so games of playing together.

Great to see that other teams cannot key in on one line.

Staf and Wheeler were the best but I hope we don't see too much of the Buff -Enstrom pairing any more. Not 5 on 5 anyway.

Buff was - +3

Perreault - 12:54 ice time. 1A

Penalties - Jets 5 Wild 1 including the last 4 (we bad)

Giveaways - Jets 16 Wild 19

Faceoff wins - Jets 36 Wild 29

Shots - Jets 33 Wild 30

Blocked shots - Jets 14 Wild 13

Thorburn ice time - 8:44

Myers and Stuart just over 20 mins ice time

I don't care if Buff was a +30, he made a bonehead play that could easily have cost the team valuable division points. A selfish play no matter how you cut it. The guy was down and out already. Two minutes left with a one goal lead....

You know, I agree that it was a bone-headed last minute play. No doubt. But in a 5-4 win, it's hard to overlook a player with a +3 rating and with an assist to boot.

Plus minus isn't a good Stat Tho. A guy could be jumping on the ice and have nothing to do with the play and that's plus 1. Buff almost cost the team. Second time he's taken a really dumb almost dirty penalty in the last 2 minutes of a game. Didn't cost them this time. Also he was on the ice for 1 of minny goals. Penalties are costing them. Thorburn should be benched and mau needs to talk to buff or not have him on the ice in the last 2 minutes. Also trouba and Stuart were awful... stu was better. Trouba just sucked. People were talking 6 million a year for trouba but so far... I'd offer him 4 at the most. If that. Just isn't getting better

Plus minus isn't a good Stat Tho. A guy could be jumping on the ice and have nothing to do with the play and that's plus 1. Buff almost cost the team. Second time he's taken a really dumb almost dirty penalty in the last 2 minutes of a game. Didn't cost them this time. Also he was on the ice for 1 of minny goals. Penalties are costing them. Thorburn should be benched and mau needs to talk to buff or not have him on the ice in the last 2 minutes. Also trouba and Stuart were awful... stu was better. Trouba just sucked.

I agree with this post 100%.

I don't care if Buff was a +30, he made a bonehead play that could easily have cost the team valuable division points. A selfish play no matter how you cut it. The guy was down and out already. Two minutes left with a one goal lead....

You know, I agree that it was a bone-headed last minute play. No doubt. But in a 5-4 win, it's hard to overlook a player with a +3 rating and with an assist to boot.

So, it is okay to cost your team points as long as you are a plus?

What if we didn't get the 2 points and missed the playoffs by one point? Would that be okay.....even if it were Minny beating us out by a point.....Bogo took some dumb penalties last year and Maurice benched him for a period, does he have the cojones to do it to Buff?

And I 100 percent agree with this one.

So, it is okay to cost your team points as long as you are a plus?

What if we didn't get the 2 points and missed the playoffs by one point? Would that be okay.....even if it were Minny beating us out by a point.....Bogo took some dumb penalties last year and Maurice benched him for a period, does he have the cojones to do it to Buff?

Agree but thing with buff is he takes these penalties in the last 2 minutes and then plays all dumb like he thought it was ok... that's what pisses me off about some of our guys... Burmi was another with the elbow and was like what me. I'll give Burmi credit because on replay he actually saw what he did and was like yeah ok that's a penalty but buff... man guys brain dead at times