Random News Items

20 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

What a @*&% show! Did Joe Mack ever work for the LAPD? ;)

Im almost obsessed with this case.  Maybe its part nostalgia from when I was in high school and the case took place.  Maybe my interest in law.  But my jaw hit the floor when I saw this this morning.

The one question would be, why wouldnt OJ retrieve and dispose of the knife if, in fact, its the murder weapon.  Unless it was so well hidden he couldnt find it or forgot about it.

Some info on the murder weapon:

What happened to the murder weapon? Police never found the knife used in the double murder, although rumors flew during O.J. Simpson’s trial that he had dumped it in the trash at LAX. In 2012, however, a source told the National Enquirer that Simpson had actually kept the murder weapon, believed to be a German stiletto with a blade more than six inches long. According to the source, the jailed Simpson was negotiating to sell it to a wealthy collector for an astounding $5 million and “looking for a strictly cash deal so that the money can be deposited in offshore accounts and can't be traced directly to him.” Simpson was acquitted in 1995.

Simpson had bought a Stiletto knife six months before the murders and asked it to be sharpened. 

Two stories to start off with the latter being more interesting.

Woman Driving ‘Scooby Doo’ Van Allegedly Leads Redding Police on High-Speed Chase

http://ktla.com/2016/03/07/woman-leads-police-on-chase-while-driving-mystery-machine-van-from-scooby-doo/#

Former Eagles Member Randy Meisner Wife Shot to Death

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/07/eagles-wife-shot-to-death-randy-meisner

On 3/4/2016 at 2:54 PM, IC Khari said:

Good.  She deserves it.

Hulk Hogan's lawsuit against Gawker began this week too.  If Hogan wins, Gawker could be out of business and Hogan could be very, very rich.

55 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So when is Wab Kinew going to step down (or be turfed by the NDP)?  Im almost impressed he's hung on this long but the NDP really have no shame anyway so it shouldnt be a surprise.  Imagine if Wab was non-Aboriginal... he'd be long gone!

Not going to happen as he said he already apologized. Heck should the Lib candidate have even quit?

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not going to happen as he said he already apologized. Heck should the Lib candidate have even quit?

Well the Liberal candidate was basically fired I think.  And Wab should go for sure.  Firstly, he only changed his mind on these topics when he decided he wanted to enter politics.  He still plugs and brags about the albums he made so how sorry is he?  He was sorry for what he said about women.  then when people found remarks about gays he decided he was also sorry about that.  I saw he made some remarks about killing a cat.  I bet he's sorry about that today too.  Also, he demanded Gord Steeves step down over the comments his wife made so if thats the standard he wants to hold politicians too, he pretty much has to quit.

He's no friend of the Aboriginal community either, but comments he made in the past.  Although I bet he's sorry about it.  Realistically, if this guy is too stupid to cleanse his twitter, then I dont want him in office.  There should be a common sense test for public office and he doesnt pass it!

20 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well the Liberal candidate was basically fired I think.  And Wab should go for sure.  Firstly, he only changed his mind on these topics when he decided he wanted to enter politics.  He still plugs and brags about the albums he made so how sorry is he?  He was sorry for what he said about women.  then when people found remarks about gays he decided he was also sorry about that.  I saw he made some remarks about killing a cat.  I bet he's sorry about that today too.  Also, he demanded Gord Steeves step down over the comments his wife made so if thats the standard he wants to hold politicians too, he pretty much has to quit.

He's no friend of the Aboriginal community either, but comments he made in the past.  Although I bet he's sorry about it.  Realistically, if this guy is too stupid to cleanse his twitter, then I dont want him in office.  There should be a common sense test for public office and he doesnt pass it!

Personally, I don't care if a politician isn't 100% squeaky clean (how many people would be eligible to run if that were the case), but if you can't even acknowledge the fact that there may be skeletons in your closet then you don't deserve to be in running for office.  That's the biggest difference between Hall & Wab in my opinion.

Wab addressed his rap lyrics in a book well before he decided to run in this election (at least declared publicly anyway) while Hall (a self-professed technology expert) didn't have the foresight to clean up his twitter account.  Add in Hall's "defense" and refusal to remove the offending tweets shows me he's not ready (at this point) to be an elected official.

The so-called apology in his book was more or less a throw away line amounting to "oh by the way, I shouldnt have been so misogynistic...but keep buying my misogynistic albums please".  And he did it because he was trying to go mainstream.  He was actually up to replace Ghomeshi if you can believe it.

I dont believe him for one second.  At least he was an equal opportunist hater, insulting women, gays and even Aboriginals.  So there's that.  His apology at the Aboriginal People's Choice Awards was 2014.  He knew why he was doing it.  The party defending his actions and words as those of an angry youth at a time when he was in his late 20's and in University is laughable.  He's a criminal and a pig.  If he wants to run, that's his right.  But the NDP should suffer the consequences of supporting him. 

But again, he wanted Steeves to step down due to remarks of his WIFE.  So by Wab's standards, he himself should drop out of the race.  Why can't we hold Wab to his own standards?

On 08/03/2016 at 8:16 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Good.  She deserves it.

Hulk Hogan's lawsuit against Gawker began this week too.  If Hogan wins, Gawker could be out of business and Hogan could be very, very rich.

Hogan had to admit his 10" python, was a lie brrrrrotha

i also love his court apparel

Terry Bollea, known as professional wrestler Hulk Hogan, listens while testifying in his case against the news website Gawker at the Pinellas County Courthouse, in St. Petersburg, Fla., on Monday.

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The argument can be made tho that in Andrews case she received a major bump. Not as big a bump as Kim K but still...

Im not sure I agree.  I dont Erin Andrews benefited from having her privacy violated in such a creepy way.  And even if she did, she didnt get a say in it.  Id take her at her word that it had a very negative impact on her.  Apparently, her case is banned from being mentioned at the Hogan/Gawker trial because its so different.

Andrews didnt sue any websites that posted video/pics.  She sued the guy that did it and the hotel that facilitated it and won.  Hogan settled with the guy that did it (Bubba The Love Sponge) for a tiny amount ($5000).  This is an interesting case.

Was Hogan truly damaged?  As a public figure did Gawker have a right to post the tape? 

Personally, I hope Hogan wins and ends up $100m richer and Gawker is gone.  But it will be an interesting legal argument.  Before the trial, I think Gawker was concerned (trying to settle) but from what I read, they arent doing too badly in court.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Let me rephrase that, it did not hurt her career. Is there a more well known female sports reporter in USA?

I mean, it wouldn't have anything to do with, I don't know, her work or professionalism or contacts made in the industry. Must be the nudes.