siding contractor recommendations

Mark F

thank you very much…. got a phone number?

edit….. found his website.

Yeah sorry I was out when I replied. We got a ton of estimates last summer and this summer. Wide range of prices. Normally Id pick the "middle" price but he was actually the lowest.

I normally wouldn't say this but if Adamson Roofing is still in business do not hire them.

wow, that is nice work!

yeah it sure is hard to know unless someone gives you a good recommendation like this one.

One of the crappiest things about getting people to do work on your house no matter what it is.  It's ridiculous what they're allowed to get away with when they are not good.  My brother in law went with this guy to replace all his windows and gave him $6000 up front and the guy then went bankrupt.  I'm thinking A) why did you go with someone that hasn't been around for a long time and B ) why the hell would you give him that kind of money up front?

wow, that is nice work!

yeah it sure is hard to know unless someone gives you a good recommendation like this one.

One of the crappiest things about getting people to do work on your house no matter what it is. It's ridiculous what they're allowed to get away with when they are not good. My brother in law went with this guy to replace all his windows and gave him $6000 up front and the guy then went bankrupt. I'm thinking A) why did you go with someone that hasn't been around for a long time and B ) why the hell would you give him that kind of money up front?

We originally hired Adamson Roofing last summer after getting many estimates. They were super to deal with at first. Gave them a $1500 upfront. They cashed it right away and then kept missing their start dates.

We eventually got into December and I had enough and asked for the money back. They said no problem we will mail you a cheque. It never came. They said oh weird because we nailed it but we will cancel it and send another. Never came.

Finally talked to the owner who admitted no cheque had ever been sent (his manager simply lied). Gave me many excuses and tried to gain sympathy (I won't be in office due to a funeral etc).

I was going out of town for a week and said if I get back and the cheque isn't in my mail box there will be trouble. He vowed it would be. It wasn't.

I took a day off work and went hunting for them. They had refused to give us an office address. Used google and found three office addresses. They were no longer at any of them. As I'm driving down grant low and behold what's in front of me? An adamson roofing truck.

I tail the guy around the city wanting to find an address. He goes to a cafe in St B for awhile then to a dog park. A woman drives up and they both go off walking a dog. Finally Id had enough and wrote a note and pinned it on his windshield. It read "you're going to want to call me immediately..."

Called within an hour and I had my cheque the next day. I guess me finding him in a secluded dog park with his "date" was intimidating enough. Ofcourse he post dated the cheque. But I was able to cash it.

This is what I mean. The **** they're able to get away with in Canada just blows me away. I remember watching Mike Holmes and him saying this kind of crap happens all over Canada. There should be laws for this kind of thing.

It's not just Canada. I'm living in New Zealand right now and you hear the same kind of stories here. Contracters screwing people over by taking money and not doing the job. There is a show that airs here that is based  in the UK called 'Cowboy Builders'. The male co-host (who looks like a pitbull and has the personality of one) helps people who have been cheated by contracters who haven't done the work they've been paid for. He tracks them down and confronts them, while the female co-host helps the people get the work completed.

It's absolutely insane how you can get away with that type of thing as an independent contractor for a particular type of work on a home, whether it's siding, roofing, framing, whatever but if you're the GC on a full build, the rules and regulations you have to abide by are incredibly strict.